Let’s be Realistic

Axelrod

I understand people being staunch , defiant and so on and saying we can still qualify from the group after tonight’s game .

Let me nail that one though- we are now out of Europe . It’s been a great run but the minute Morelos perfect goal was chopped off inexplicably tonight , I knew what was going to come in the second half .

I’ve seen posters saying let’s just beat Villarreal and rapid etc and I’d love to live in that headspace but I guarantee you it isn’t happening .

Financially and morale wise Europe’s been fantastic this season and nobody can complain . Remember last year we lost to nederkorn ? Think on that before moaning too much .

We now need to focus on getting the Scottish cup in our hands . It’s stops the triple treble and it gives us real silverware . It would be criminal not to go for it 100% and do all we can to get this cup this season .

Second in the league is realistic , winning the league isn’t unless there’s a massive turnaround in games v the Yahoos which frankly I cannot see this team achieving this season . There’s hope but realistically the leagues gone .

Scottish cup win, our progress in Europe and second and no sane bear can grumble .

Next season we win the league I’ve said it all along .

Call me negative all you like, I call it experience and realism . Bookmark this thread if I’m wrong and I’ll gladly buy you a cyber pint !

2ihoxh1.jpg

OP must be a rich man with all those bets he wins on forecasting results.

FWIW I think he’s probably correct on how the league will pan out but I’m not giving up on beating Villareal just yet and I certainly wouldn’t say it was beyond the realms of possibility. Nobody forecast we could draw with them over there, especially after conceding early doors. Nobody would have forecast we’d score 5 goals in our first 2 away matches in the EL either.

We will be there or thereabouts for the Scottish Cup - but unexpected results happen in that competition as well. Trying to forecast things in advance is daft.

Imagine conceding defeat in a group where we're 1 point away from the top.

Imagine 'guaranteeing' we won't beat teams we've already beat and drawn with.

Imagine being this fücking miserable. First defeat in Europe and suddenly we've got no chance of doing anything.

...have you been looking at the correct group table, bud?

download-6.png

Our momentum in Europe is gone . Like I said , we’ve all seen this movie before too many times . Those over 40 will know what I mean.

I’m not being negative I’m being honest .

We won’t beat Villarreal at home or Vienna away . Mark this post and come back to me if I’m wrong .

Beat Villareal and Spartak v Rapid ends a draw and we definitely qualify with a game to spare.

Glass half full loyal.

Utter nonsense and balderdash.

Give up supporting Us and go support St Midden or its like ffs.

Sorry but you're a knob.

We've just had bonfire night and you reckon all we have left is the Scottish Cup.
Give us a wee bit more hope please

8 goals in 4 games in europe tells me we can certainly get something. In a weird way i feel more confident in europe just now than in some domestic games. Maybe its me viewing it as a pressure off us type thing i dont know

Just hope the defence shores up. I am trying to stay calm and put that down to one of those mental games of football that happens to any team.

Our momentum in Europe is gone . Like I said , we’ve all seen this movie before too many times . Those over 40 will know what I mean.

We won’t beat Villarreal at home or Vienna away . Mark this post and come back to me if I’m wrong .

1 defeat and our momentum is gone?!

Ok, point made, please don't waste our time starting a thread when we loose the next two games then.

Let me nail that one though- we are now out of Europe.

stopped reading there. Ah well you should get a few quid for your villareal ticket.

Utter nonsense and balderdash.

Give up supporting Us and go support St Midden or its like ffs.

Sorry but you're a knob.

So I’m a knob for being honest and saying I think we are now out ?

I think that’s pathetic .

I’m off to bed . You keep believing in fairies .

The OP might end up right, we are going to play a good La Liga team then away in Austria.

And I have seen us blow it in Europe from decent positions all too often.

For tonight, though, I prefer going for optimism over realism.

Yeah you are.

Go watch St Mirren or Motherwell then instead you won't be missed.

Yeah you are.

Go watch St Mirren or Motherwell then instead you won't be missed.

So because I don’t blindly think we will win every game , I can’t be a Rangers supporter ? I’ve probably been to more games and spent more following my team than many others deriding me .

Bed time I’ll let all the stauncho crowd deluded themselves into the night , enjoy .

Only on here could a thread stating we will win the Scottish cup finish second and have done well in Europe be called “ negative “ and told to go and support st midden .

Imagine conceding defeat in a group where we're 1 point away from the top.

Imagine 'guaranteeing' we won't beat teams we've already beat and drawn with.

Imagine being this fücking miserable. First defeat in Europe and suddenly we've got no chance of doing anything.

Imagine knowing where the full stop goes! :D

I'm with you and remain positive, we can beat Villarreal and we know we can beat Rapid.

Let's just get to Sunday and see how we get on there!

So because I don’t blindly think we will win every game , I can’t be a Rangers supporter ? I’ve probably been to more games and spent more following my team than many others deriding me .

Bed time I’ll let all the stauncho crowd deluded themselves into the night , enjoy .

Only on here could a thread stating we will win the Scottish cup finish second and have done well in Europe be called “ negative “ and told to go and support st midden .

tenor.gif

Come on mate, come to the other side, I promise it's much better. Yes, have a sense of realism, yes, be realistic about your expectations — but that's different from guaranteeing your team's going to get beat and telling people to mark your words on it.

Join me, join the other handful on this side. Be realistic and be positive in the same breath.

I love you, we love you, come joiiiinnnn ussss.

Away you go ya bed wetter.

Come back when your nappy has been changed.

You never quite said you think we are out though didn't you?

Give it up ffs

How can you be out of Europe with 2 games left and sitting 1 point off the top?

Let me guess we can't win the league either because we are 5 points off the top

Diddy club mentality go support Hibs

I agree with the OP. I've seen this European movie before and experience tells me that we are not going to qualify from this group. I don't know how folk can loosely say "aye well all we have to do is beat Villareal" like it's a realistic prospect. Listen, if we manage somehow to beat Villareal it will be a monumental result for us as they are a much better team than we are and most probably the best team we've faced in years.

Based on what?

Spartak were really there for the taking at Ibrox. That was the key game for me to gain momentum on our way to the next stage of the competition, tbh. Do folk really think we'll beat both Villarreal and Rapid ?

Spartak were really there for the taking at Ibrox. That was the key game for me to gain momentum on our way to the next stage of the competition, tbh. Do folk really think we'll beat both Villarreal and Rapid ?
Well considering both those teams failed to beat us in first games, then yes I think we can beat both.

The SC is a cup competition. We really can’t put all our energy and focus into that. There’s too many variables and freak results. The treble treble is a complete joke to think it’s even going to happen but it’s a reality we are facing. How they are managing it I do not know, but we have to stop it because Aberdeen won’t help us. They’ll roll over and get their tummies tickled as they’ve won their cup final by beating us.

Well considering both those teams failed to beat us in first games, then yes I think we can beat both.

I admire your optimism, mate. Anything can happen in football, I suppose, but we seem to be running out of gas in this competition.

I admire your optimism, mate. Anything can happen in football, I suppose, but we seem to be running out of gas in this competition.
We should've scored 4 goals tonight if it wasnt for linesman and we were a bawhair away from equalising in last minute.

Beat Villareal and Spartak v Rapid ends a draw and we definitely qualify with a game to spare.

Glass half full loyal.

Not true as Rapid could beat us 3 - 0 in the last game and either of the other two wins their last match and we'd be out on head to head with Rapid.

I understand people being staunch , defiant and so on and saying we can still qualify from the group after tonight’s game .

Let me nail that one though- we are now out of Europe . It’s been a great run but the minute Morelos perfect goal was chopped off inexplicably tonight , I knew what was going to come in the second half .

I’ve seen posters saying let’s just beat Villarreal and rapid etc and I’d love to live in that headspace but I guarantee you it isn’t happening .

Financially and morale wise Europe’s been fantastic this season and nobody can complain . Remember last year we lost to nederkorn ? Think on that before moaning too much .

We now need to focus on getting the Scottish cup in our hands . It’s stops the triple treble and it gives us real silverware . It would be criminal not to go for it 100% and do all we can to get this cup this season .

Second in the league is realistic , winning the league isn’t unless there’s a massive turnaround in games v the Yahoos which frankly I cannot see this team achieving this season . There’s hope but realistically the leagues gone .

Scottish cup win, our progress in Europe and second and no sane bear can grumble .

Next season we win the league I’ve said it all along .

Call me negative all you like, I call it experience and realism . Bookmark this thread if I’m wrong and I’ll gladly buy you a cyber pint !
at least you put the perfect in BLUE

Not for the first time you are on here spouting negative pish about us. Youre the type of lady's front bottom who cant wait to bounce up off your seat shouting and bawling as soon as a player makes a mistake, the sort of "fan" we don't need nor want but thanks for your input.

I'll await your apology thread if and when we get through.

It's true we have seen it before but we have also seen things happen that non of us could predict. Yes tonight was a sore one but I can guarantee one thing. No matter what you think or feel just now come the villarreal game at Ibrox you like the rest of us will be up for it and thinking we can do it. It's just the way it is and why we put ourselves through it all. Wouldn't matter if it was against Barcelona or any lady's front bottom else. It's 90 minutes and the build up to it will be a frenzy.

Back