The banter years -worst XI

Mitchell McCoist

Official Ticketer
Inspired by this weeks heart and hand podcast, who makes the cut for you?

Using the official banter years timeframe of division 3 until end of Championship season with Warburton, who makes your worst XI?

Formations are irrelevant to any great degree (much the same as the formations during the actual matches of the banter years)

Simonsen
Argyriou
Cribari
Perry
Faure
Foster
Black
Hutton
Templeton
Sandazza
Kyle

Using the official banter years timeframe of division 3 until end of Championship season with Warburton, who makes your worst XI?

Formations are irrelevant to any great degree (much the same as the formations during the actual matches of the banter years)

Simonsen
Argyriou
Cribari
Perry
Faure
Foster
Black
Hutton
Templeton
Sandazza
Kyle

Could probably squeeze Russell Martin in there somewhere

Simonsen
Argyriou
Cribari
Perry
Faure
Foster
Black
Hutton
Templeton
Sandazza
Kyle
Yet Foster was on the radio at the weekend, complaining about not being in the Scotland team.
I agree with the OP,in including him in his team

The signing of Zaliukas summed up that whole period.

Knocked us back for Leeds in the summer of 2013, then looked like he would rather be anywhere else but here when we did get him in 2014.

GaseousBeautifulAfricangoldencat-size_restricted.gif

Simonsen

Foster
Perry
Senderos
Faure

Argyriou
Black
Law
Forrester

Kyle
Sandaza

Yes I know I've put a right back at left back and another right back at right midfield. It's deliberate in theme with how fùcked up everything was.

Simonsen

Greek
Cribari
Perry
Foster

Hutton
Faure
Black

Sandaza
Kyle
Naismith

That midfield started together in a game away to Montrose in March 2013. Final score was 0-0

Slightly different take on the banter era - ending the day Gerrard started the job and focused solely on banter-producing moments:

Simonsen (for Dundee United at Ibrox )

Perry (for Dundee United at Tannadice)
Moshini (for his banjoing of Lee Erwin)
Senderos (for his red card on his debut)
Hodson (for Mark Warburton's: we're signing someone at Euro 2016)

Barton (for the coffee machine)
Black (for the betting scandal)
Rossiter (for the 7-10 days fiasco of the last two years)

Michael O'Halloran (for reasons I am not allowed to say)
Sandaza (for the fake agent phonecall)
Dalcio (for being Dalcio

Exactly what does that tell you. He coudnt get a game ahead of Sandaza and Kyle fs.

Mohsni and Darren Cole another 2 shockers.

Doesn’t tell me much due to who the manager at the time was. If he couldn’t see the potential in Andy Robertson then what hope is there for anyone else.

Faure couldn't kick the ball properly

Incredible he played for France U20's 12 times!

I don't mind the banter years term at all. You had to laugh during half of it, it was so bad.

My team:

Cammy Bell

Cole
Faure
Zaliukas
Mohsni
Foster

Aird
Black
Hutton

Boyd
Sandaza

Went for a back 5 but I could easily have put more defenders in there.

Shoutout to Steve Simonsen but I opted for Cammy Bell for that goal at Motherwell. Was like a nuke was flying towards him rather than a ball.

Boyd and Faure get in on account of how fucking fat they managed to get while still playing football. Zaliukas was a genuine disgrace. Never wanted to sign, then wanted to leave even quicker. Abysmal.

I have wiped the absolute car crash that was cammy bell from my mind. He was so bad that I felt genuinely sorry for him. If ever there was a player where the jersey weighed heavy on a player, cammy was it.

Faure and the Greek guy were just awful. Really bad. Were the %^*& did we scout these players?

I don't think it's fair to mention young boys like Perry, Crawford, Hutton and Naismith, who whilst not at all talented, at least gave their all for the team and attitudes could not be questioned (unlike Cole who thought he was 'it' and never tried!). Also as others have said, Templeton was probably our best players.

For me:
Simonsen
Faure Cribari Mbabu Foster
Argiryu Black Bigirimana Shiels
Kyle Sandaza

Now I need a lie down :(

Simonsen
Argyriou
Cribari
Perry
Faure
Foster
Black
Hutton
Templeton
Sandazza
Kyle

I hate this banter years pish OP but, that aside, that’s one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen.

I don't think it's fair to mention young boys like Perry, Crawford, Hutton and Naismith, who whilst not at all talented, at least gave their all for the team and attitudes could not be questioned (unlike Cole who thought he was 'it' and never tried!). Also as others have said, Templeton was probably our best players.

For me:
Simonsen
Faure Cribari Mbabu Foster
Argiryu Black Bigirimana Shiels
Kyle Sandaza

Now I need a lie down :(

Again, you must be joking with Shiels.

I really struggled between Shiels and Aird - Aird because he thought he was something he wasn't!. Shiels for me was the biggest disappointment because I had such high expectations, but I agree he was nowhere near the worst

Back