My Blue Room (small update)

Laudrup1

Had this on the old forum so figured it might be of interest over here too. There's a small picture update on the last post now that my bar area graphic has arrived.

Anyway...

Dunno if anyone is interested in this or not (and admin can feel free to shunt it to the lounge if needed) but work started on my Blue Room just before Christmas. It's getting there in terms of the finish now.

Figured I'd stick the build pictures up for anyone who is maybe thinking of doing the same (someone did ask a few weeks back about doing something similar but I can't find the thread)

Anyway, it started with a hole in the ground...

and then the founds

and the first of the brick work.

and then the concrete base with the frame started just before the holidays

Last edited:
Building work started again in January and went really quickly. This was all done over the course of a few days

Internal shot

B***ard rockwool! I was wheezing for days after wiring the place up when that was installed

Coming along on the outside too...

Last edited:
Sheeting starting internally.

This is going to be the screen wall. Picked the projector up for it around about this time.

Other end of the World is going to be a bar area with the AV gear stored in it too.

And I suppose this is where it maybe gets more interesting for folks on here.

This is my wallpaper

Plasterwork was done quickly too in a couple of shifts. Was a fair effort to size it all for decorating

Last edited:
Installed the soffits for the downlights and projector housing. I've got LED strip lights to go in on the overhang too to give the place a bit of height.

Such a boring task filling all the screw holes in too.

Primed, undercoated and most of the finishing coats on too.

Lights in and power on!

Last edited:
So, we're just about up to where I'm at over the last few days. I've done the wallpapering...

So that's where I'm at just now.

Carpet's going down on Friday. I'll need to get the placed cleared before then and stick a couple more sockets on and get the light switch on fitted properly.

Just about time to take the signed and framed strip from the 2010 league cup winning team from behind our bed. I've had the strip for a few years now but only got it framed recently. Stuck it behind the bed when I got it back from the framers to hide it before the Blue Room finished. I must have a moan at the missus for not hoovering behind the bed as she's not noticed it since!

Think I've posted these before at some point but had them all up in the flat before we moved. I can take them out of storage now and plan to stick a few of the favourites on the wall too.

Last edited:
Carpet is down and the LEDs are installed.

Got the frame and the fabric screen together over the weekend.

What an effort it was to get that fabric stretched over the frame. Guy in the shop said it would be tough going but my thumbs nearly fell off doing it! Delighted with it though. Test pictures going up soon!

Also, unwrapped this from a brown paper bag that I've had stored for about 6 years. I bought it on ebay and said I wasn't opening it until I had a place to put it.

Last edited:
She's up!

Bar units arrived today so have started fitting them

Bought a new sub woofer too so that's pretty much all the kit I need.

Getting there...though it's still too easy to ignore any work needing done and sit and watch the football on the screen!

Got the glass door for the AV equipment section of the units on today. Not convinced the hinges I got are the best solution but I was taking a bit of a punt ordering them on line so might have to replace them with other ones.

I really need a couple of solid days in the place to get everything finished / tidy cables away and stick some pictures up too

Last edited:
Bar area is all done and set for the worktop being delivered this week (hopefully) but it might stretch in to next week. Managed to find a cracking blue sparkle effect quartz worktop at a place in Partick.

Also got a couple of things hung. Was gifted the signed top from the 2010/11 season by the wife's old boss just before our wedding and have only recently got round to having it framed.

Also got given this by a mate who is from the "other side" and has no real place for it in his house. He bought is as an investment as much as anything so I'm storing it proudly for him.

Got myself in to the loft as well and dug out my old strips which I've framed myself too. Trying to decide which ones to put up and how cluttered the walls are going to look. There's over 60 of them.

Gonna have to get a bigger shed!

Last edited:
Worktop has arrived. Really happy with it but it's hard to get a picture of it doing justice to the sparkle effect.

I had the absolute fear when the boys delivered it as I'd measured it all up myself instead of bothering them to come out to do a template. After it's cut and polished, there's no going back so it had to be bang on! Measure twice / cut once and all that...

Place is really starting to look like I hoped it would. Still got the old couch in there but I've got plans for that after the summer holidays.

Last edited:
This is the latest addition then. Thanks to a well kent poster on here who shall remain nameless for the design work.

I'm lucky I've also got a pal at the company who does the Ibrox siganage so I got to borrow the legends graphic that sits above the Megastore.

Still tempted to get a Big Marv sticker to place on top of Butcher's face.

Now...to save some money for a new couch...

Last edited:
Finally! Took a bit of time to get these right for the space I had to work with but I'm really happy with them.

June 18 update. Couple of additions today.

A friend's nephew is currently doing rather well with our u20s and he got me this after a bit of a struggle to free up a strip as they're apparently in demand with the Ashley carry on.

Plus this ahead of the WC starting soon...

Feb 2019 Update

Finally got round to putting a 2nd screen in. Managed to get the feeds to it and the projector separately so I can have the live game on the big screen and SSN on for the scores coming in.

Built my gallows gantry too. Happy with that for £20's worth of wood.

Barstools!

Star Ceiling update for March 2020

Pretty much finished for now until I get time to put the 3rd panel round the projector.

Is there a way to embed a video on here? This link will have to do if not (oh, it seems to have embedded itself)

Last edited:
That looks incredible . Not being nosy mate but how much did that all cost including building ?

My only critique would be that fawn couch mate it drags the room down . Perhaps a wee chesterfield in burgundy or blue would suit the room ?

That looks incredible . Not being nosy mate but how much did that all cost including building ?

My only critique would be that fawn couch mate it drags the room down . Perhaps a wee chesterfield in burgundy or blue would suit the room ?

I'll send you a PM mate.

Yup, the couch is just a remnant from the house. The wife got a new one and the place decorated when this was all happening so it made sense to use the old one temporarily for spilling beer on until I can afford a proper recliner type with cup holders etc. I'd thought about getting it reupholstered in the mean time but it seemed like a bit of a waste of cash. It's comfy enough for the boys being round for the games.

How soundproof is it?

You can't hear a peep outside. The insulation on it is weapon's grade stuff. :D

The guy who built it isn't the cheapest around but I know it's quality work he does and I haven't got a single complaint about it at all.

I can have the volume at deafening levels inside and if you stand outside against the screen wall where the three speakers are, you don't hear a thing. There's a slight bleed out of the door window but nothing that troubles the neighbours at all.

I have seen some man caves and blue rooms before, and no disrespect to any of them, but this is the dogs bollocks.
From scratch as well!
Outstanding sir.
A pm for the grand opening would be great:D

Can you re-send the invite by PM that you sent out on the old board mate?

I never wrote down the address for the opening shindig that you're having. Would hate to miss it :rolleyes:

Looks the business, enjoy it in good health sir!

Back