Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

Mccrorie, Rossiter and Arfield at the weekend please. I've been critical of Coulibaly for weeks but thought Ejaria was a player bit he's not kicked a ball since October.
There's no way we should be playing two inexperienced loan players in the heart of our midfield.
Morelos needs a hefty fine and told in no uncertain terms to grow the %^*& up.
Flanagan must have played his way out of the squad now with BB coming back.

Losing is one thing but making the same mistake against the same team once again is extremely hard to forgive. Sideways passes constantly. The fear was oozing out of each player and Alfredo just left every journalist and manager in this country with a huge smile on their face.

Motherwell getting a result is the only silver lining tonight.

Absolutely no creativity from midfield. Jack is the anchor man, but he hit more forward passes than Ejaria and Coulibally together. We badly need someone in midfield who can see and pick a pass. I think McInnes again won the battle of the managers. Why play Middleton when it's obvious there would be no space in behind?

Playing against ten men for that amount of time and Losing is t acceptable, one person fault tonight

Utter garbage. Playing Flanagan ? A fuCkin stupid decision. Pathetic from Morelos - goes from £20 miliion to 4 and sixpence. Lafferty gets booked for a stupid tackle after 3 minutes on the park and could have gone off for that clash with McKenna. We have some mighty stupid players at times - I give you Arfield too.

The boy McKenna was a rock for them tonight, by the way.

He is a proper defender, much as it pains me to say it.
He’s still nowhere near a £10m player - and we were hardly anything other than predictable in what we were trying - but yep have to agree 2nd half he was solid and marshalled the sheep through comfortably

Reality check! fighting to be second best team at best. Weak midfield. What does Mccorrie and Rozzy have to do to get a game? Can't remembering Mccorie being bullied last season against them. We need to start playing and developing our own players they are no worse than the loanees. No more excuses. That tonight showed particularly in the midfield the players are not up to our jersey. Pathetic.

They schooled our wingers tonight knowing we play the ball wide to create our chances. Literally done f*ck all, all night, zero crosses going in and hitting the first man every time.

I just don't understand the mentality. You get yourself into pole position and then shit the bed against that dross in the very next match.

Fuckin bbizarre.

That’s been happening for a few seasons now. It’s so f*cking frustrating!! The scum drop points and we get excited cause we can capitalise in it and the team either sh!t themselves or they go in thinking it’s an easy game and get outplayed by crap teams.

Has to stop.

Whenever we get a bit a bit of hope and are in a position to put a bit of pressure on them we just seem to bottle it.
I honestly thought we would win easy tonight. Feeling pretty shattered now. Post match reaction from manager will be interesting.
This is the first time this season that Celtc have dropped points and we've failed to win the same week. We also had the chance to go top and put pressure on them at the weekend, went a goal behind at Tynecastle and won the game to go top.

Do those games not count on just the disappointing results?

At least that lot drew.
We got off with that, that would have been another 3 in front for them.
That was our chance to almost cancel out their game in hand, asch well it's not about what they do, it's about what we do, and that was a 'if ye didnae laugh yed greet.'
That really was inexplicable, this squad clearly cannot cope 'yet' with the responsibility.
Morelos should be groveling an apology for that, after his gaffer stuck up for him so well.
Clearly needing at least one experienced playmaker, and preferably one or another than score from outside the box. If only Jack could shoot.

I am lost for words re that performance. Gerrard must seriously be thinking of offloading a few of those players after tonight's display. As for Alfie, as much as he is important to the team, his displays of petulance are really becoming concerning. That's gonna be two matches missed if I heard right.

Absolutely no creativity from midfield. Jack is the anchor man, but he hit more forward passes than Ejaria and Coulibally together. We badly need someone in midfield who can see and pick a pass. I think McInnes again won the battle of the managers. Why play Middleton when it's obvious there would be no space in behind?
.....And Grezda offers more physicality and goal threat

These last few years feels like its's a sado-masochistic pursuit to follow Rangers... as soon as you start to get an inkling of good feeling a swift boot to the bollocks quickly follows!!
FFS... that was disappointing tonight....

I honestly hope that’s just a bump in the road and we can go on another run after this
To win the league we can't afford to have bumps.
SG completely messed up tonight with team selection he is constantly blinkered when it comes to certain players.

It’s hard to trust Morelos to stay on the park when sitting with a booking - but when the opposition have already a man sent off you don’t leave Morelos on the park with a booking. He simply can’t be trusted to not put a stupid tackle in or do something stupid to give the ref the chance he needs.

This was a game littered by poor managerial choices right from the team picked.

Started brilliant until their goal from nowhere. They offered nothing of an attacking threat the rest if the game but our final ball was shocking.

Far too many posted missing tonight and we gifted the sheep the points. The manks dropping points is very bittersweet as we could have put some real pressure on them.

No idea what game morelos misses, is it possibly the second hibs game ? He was am idiot for the second booking and gave the ref the opportunity to level it up .

The manager needs to start picking the team based on performance. He keeps playing players that just offer nothing. He keeps making changes when it isn't required and it has backfired on him a few times this season. He can't keep doing that - otherwise he's just going to keep building himself up and then massively letting himself down.

Worst performace of the season.
Agreed!

Simple fact of the matter is that we’ll be winning feck all with this midfield. Not one of them tonight managed to play one forward pass to break their defence down. Jack just plays it backwards or sideways, Ejaria is far too slow at doing anything.

Our midfield are crap. Coulibaly and Ejaria are not up to the job but keep getting selected. I am convinced they have deals to play. How else can you explain Coulibaly who is hopeless?
Who else do we play? Investment needed. Would like to see 2 midfielders in January. Would be pissed off if we don't get at least 1.

Lack of quality in midfield let us down. That's twice they've scunnered as with 0-1 by playing 10 man defence and hoping for scraps on the break. Their first attack from a free kick and they score. We created few chances. Morelos lost the plot again. Sadly, SG doesn't have the men in midfield to change a game and therein lies our basic weakness. Jack worked hard, as did the captain, but we were incapable of getting in behind them and making it count. At least the mentally challengeds slipped up. But Killie top of the league. Makes you weep.

Back