Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

It’s hard to trust Morelos to stay on the park when sitting with a booking - but when the opposition have already a man sent off you don’t leave Morelos on the park with a booking. He simply can’t be trusted to not put a stupid tackle in or do something stupid to give the ref the chance he needs.
First thing in my head. The ref will just be wating on it.

Scum vs Killie on Saturday, Sunday we go to Dundee who humped Hamilton tonight 4-0 with a K Miller hat trick.

I'll settle for top Sunday night.

Absolutely raging with that performance. Passing was horrendous with the Middle three and Flannigan being particularly culpable. Don’t get me started on Morellos who would have been spoken to at half time.

Two games in a row against the sheep that we’ve played right in to their hands. And this is a piss poor Aberdeen side with a total loser of a manager. F*ck me Rangers.

Aberdeen really are a terrible side. We need to find a way to play against these stop ball, pack the defense tactics. With the Tim’s drawing in their game, it could have been a lot worse.

We’re going to lose games. I’m sure we’ll bounce back against Dundee. We all know that December is a make or break for both them and us. Let’s get by Dundee and see where It leaves us. Their game against Killie will be tough and is not a guaranteed win.

I just feel utterly deflated, all that hard bloody work to get back to where we belong and we churn out a performance like that. Only positive is, other results went for us and we're second place, Kilmarnock won't stay top, 29th is looking very, very crucial.

Ejaria offers nothing most of the time, but something special a small amount of the time.
We have a midfield who don’t shoot. That makes it easy for teams to just swamp the back line and keep the game in front of them, as there is zero threat from distance.

For me, I would be playing Tav in front of Jack when we go chasing the game. They will need to get out quicker if there’s a shooting threat, which in turn creates spaces and options.

once again Flanagan hooked at half time. surely won't get many more chances
He will. Many more - usually after Halliday has a brilliant game Gerrard drops him to put Flanagan in. Did it in the Villareal game and did it again tonight.

Loser mentality rears its ugly head once again.

That was absolutely pathetic. These players don't have what it takes and the managers constant chopping and changing doesn't work.

We'll struggle at Dens on Sunday.
Absolute sickened. It was all set up to take power at the top and still didn't have the hunger. We have no midfield and Morelos is a stupid wee boy.F uckin sick.

Real real chance tonight especially with the celtic result. Aberdeen would make your eyes bleed. In reality, this is bigger than the cup final for them, no marks. Struggle to see what ejaria contributes

Even more of a pisser that had we played well and won the game we would be sitting 3pts clear of the scum.

Quite clear to see tonight the severe lack in quality,we won't be winning the league anytime soon unless much better quality players are brought in.

No point going to Tynecastle and getting a good three points and then shitting it at home to the sheep and then losing.

The thing that kills me is that there are a load on here who actually believe we can win the league this season, tonight's result will hopefully put an end to this shyte for once and for all this season.

Right yea are Declan.

As good as Alfie is I’d be tempted to give Lafferty a run. I say that understanding that we have no choice for the next couple of games.

Tonight was always going to be a hotpot, Gerrard should have seen it coming and once Alfredo pulled a yellow he should have been taken off soon after. Every one of us knew Maclean was going to give us a red.

Fucked us up tonight

Our midfield is awful, and as everything goes down the wings, makes it too easy to defend. Same old story, unfortunately.

Coulibaly...seriously, what is the story with him ? Total passenger. I like Middleton but he looks lost if he doesn’t have space to run into.

Last edited:
We need to sort the midfield. I'd like to see Rossiter & McCrorie + Arfield. Bring Steven Davis in January. Very disappointing result, but we're right in it & everyone is dropping points.
File this one away as a bad night & we move on. SG said there would be hiccups & we need to back the team. Onwards to Sunday.

iu
I think that just about sums up how we all feel.

I was watching Morelos to see if he could keep his shite together and not lash out on a key game we should have won at a canter to be honest.I don’t blame him alone. Everyone was dogs hit who payed today sans McGregor.

Even 10 men we played in the back foot. Timid to do something, anything then right on cue Morelos the 8 year old in a 28 year old body can’t keep it together.

He just doesn’t get it and never will.

How can you defend that ?

he started off his defence with "the fans won't like hearing it"

aye? well don't fucking say it then

the whole team were abject, end of story

ironically enough the so called celebrations at beating hearts FFs

just went to emphasise what a loser mentality still has its grip on these players

The discipline is fucking atrocious as well.

Arfield at the weekend acting like a maniac getting himself sent off, Morelos tonight giving the referee the chance he was fucking pishing his pants to get to send him off then Lafferty coming on charging about doing the exact same all in the day the manager tells them to watch what they are doing and making a lady's front bottom of him in the process.

We need to sort the midfield. I'd like to see Rossiter & McCrorie + Arfield. Bring Steven Davis in January. Very disappointing result, but we're right in it & everyone is dropping points.
File this one away as a bad night & we move on. SG said there would be hiccups & we need to back the team. Onwards to Sunday.
How the fck McCrorie can not get a game in that midfield simply astounds me.

Even more of a pisser that had we played well and won the game we would be sitting 3pts clear of the scum.

Quite clear to see tonight the severe lack in quality,we won't be winning the league anytime soon unless much better quality players are brought in.
Of course we still need to add quality to the team, it's almost a brand new squad. Anyone who thought we'd canter the league is a moron, as is anyone who thinks that's us out the title race now.

Honest to fk, of all nights to fluff your lines.
We went into this top of the heap and on the back of a fantastic away win with the leagues top scorer bang in form and going for a record. We're on home turf and backed to the hilt by 50,000 fans and are gifted a sending off to help restore an early set back. That's all their goal should have ment to tonight a fkn hiccup. How do we respond? We produce our worst performance of the fkn season. I mean really Rangers what the fk was that.

There's been times this season where we've offered inexplicable performances but that tops the lot for me tonight. Absolutely disgusted with that from start to finish.

Morelos let us down tonight but Gerrard should have seen it coming after his first booking and subbed him at half time. It is the only way Morelos will take heed. Flanagan is not a left back and playing the guy there does him no favours. Very disappointing after Sunday. We wasted a great chance to put down a real marker tonight,

Ah well I'm totally gutted but we need to pick ourselves up, we need that quality midfielder in Jan. It's an absolute necessity.
we need a minimum of 2 midfielders coulibally has fell off a cliff and ejaria was never even on the cliff to start with, both need dropped, I wonder what mcrories thinking he must be raging, plus a Liverpool loan signing its fair to say I've never been a fan of ejaria, ryan jack in these type of games is a waste also,

Gutted by that display. Not one player took responsibility to drive the team forward. I think we have made great strides since last season but that doesn't excuse tonight.
Too many players didn't turn up.
Sideway passing and taking the easy option all night from most players. No guts should result in no here!

The dreamers will tell you otherwise.

Look, I’ve been a dreamer myself. I might have allowed myself to dream had we won today. If we were going to be winning the league this season, that’s the sort of game we’d have Been winning. Pressing home the initiative from Sunday’s result.

Oh and there goes our unbeaten home record too. So tamely and limply.

We’re a long way from winning the league. Never mind surrendering to Aberdeen at home, to be winning leagues we’ll need to be beating Celtic and the jury is very much out on whether we’ll be able to do that. I only hope we can win every game up till the 29th, then we’ll see where we are relative to them. But let’s not kid ourselves about the scale of the task

No defending Morelos on that tonight. His petulance has to stop. Lip tripping all the time. On his day he’s brilliant but dont care what anyone says has to cut that out. Gives officials easy decisions to make.

Apart from the obvious lack of creativity, something else that I was really disappointed with tonight was the lack of one of our centre halfs stepping into midfield with the ball and make the extra man. To be honest, neither McAuley or Goldson looked comfortable when they had the chance to step forward with the ball.

Major disappointment tonight, it has to be forgotten but learned from.We could go back top this weekend but this team and staff really need to get a grip of it. The massive opportunity is still there. Hope there is a good window but we need to win this months games.

Back