Seriously - What Can Gerrard do About Morelos?

Rudolph Hucker

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

He's too good to drop but we all saw him getting a 2nd yellow tonight. If he gets a stupid booking then he should be hooked and made to learn that his antics hurt the team.

We all know he likes a rumble but most his bookings are from him not knowing when to stfu or stupid stuff

Difficult.... Morelos should be punished financially, but at this stage not stopping from playing.

He doesn't need to be dropped, but tonight he seemed to be totally off the boil, and perhaps the manager has to be brave enough to take him off when this happens because when a player is off his game, he will become frustrated and then things begin to go wrong.
As it proved.

What is wrong with taking him off, putting an arm around him and telling him that it wasn't his night and not to worry as this is football?

I would have hooked him a good ten minutes before his dismissal because he was clearly struggling.

Hopefully January window will allow us that opportunity to ‘rest’ Morelos.
I honestly think he looks tired, constantly asked to play up on own is a shift, he needs to be afforeded time off but our lack of replacements being an issue.

Look at the 3 positions who rarely/don’t change. Tav never rested and has now played 30 games so far this season and only just out of November. Goldson who stays in and Morelos. Possibly CH position being only one with depth but does SG trust Katic or Worrall to play together???

We need strength in depth and allow these players a rest.....especially against the likes of Hamilton/St Midden etc at home

I don’t think he can do anything other than drop him and play Lafferty.

Morelos is a confidence/adrenine player, when the games going well and the crowd are up for it then so is he.

When it’s not, he’s a completely different player

Dropping him isn't the answer, not that we have a choice in next two games. However wait to you see how bad we are without him. I'm dreading Dundee and Hamilton games if I'm honest.

We tell him to keep doing what he does, whilst getting to the bottom of why he’s refereed to a different standard to other players in the league.

The guy is vilified in the media, we’ve had 4 days of sound bytes as to why he wasn’t sent off at Tynecastle (for absolutely nothing) and then he sees red tonight. Does anyone genuinely believe they’re not related?

The mentally challengeds with typewriters will be putting their feet up tonight and will consider it a job done.

Gerrards management of Morelos has been superb so far and we’ve been rewarded for it.

He’s protected him, stuck up for him, backed him publicly and refused to condemn his behaviour. He’s done all he can to make him feel the top dog.

Tonight is the next stage. Now he needs the riot act. To be told that for all the good he’s done that tonight is fucking unacceptable. Take your petulant behaviour to %^*& away from the team

If Solanke is as good as people say he is on here id be looking to sell Morelos if we can get 8-10 million and get Solanke on loan for a season and a half. Pains me to say but its becoming to much of an issue now with Morelos.

He has to use what power he has, in this case dropping him. Not sure such a standoff would work however as Alfie doesnt look like if he stays or go. As long as his career is going in the right direction thats what matters to Alfie

He is a confidence kind of guy so if you are to hard on him he will go into his shell. He needs to grow up quickly and learn. Tonight was all him. Two unbelievable stupid bookings. What was he thinking.

I think he'd just sit and sulk if we dropped him. Toys out the pram. That would then lead to an even worse attitude when he returned.

He needs to grow the fvck up.

I work with special needs children (aged 9) who lash out & argue and throw tantrums when things aren't going their way. Alfredo Morelos would fit into my classroom.

IF we get Solanke in during the break, Morelos will have to smarten up, or he'll be out the team kicking his heels on the bench.

Simply put, he needs to go through him for tonight.

Gerrard is excellent with Morelos, protects him to the hilt, but he shouldn't (and won't) be exempt from getting pulled up.

And this is what Morelos needs told. You've been protected, treated well and with understanding...you've been given a huge wage rise but this is unacceptable and you'll have to consciously stop losing your mind over nothing encounters during your pitch time.

Don't think there is anything he can do. Also thought the fact he never acknowledged him going off said a lot.

Worst I have seen him play tonight as well. His first touch was shocking and for some reason he was trying to constantly shoulder barge anything that came near him. That time he hits Shinnie doing the same again making it an easy decision for the ref sadly. Never caught his yellow so was raging when I seen him being sent off.

Has anyone seen it back? Was it a second yellow? I would like to see it before my pitchfork comes out.

Yes - it was stupid, late, petulant, snide and right in front of the referee. Shinnie took a huge fucking dive to make it look worse but the "challenge" was a definite yellow.

Obstructed him with his legs and then paused, thought about it and then swung a gay little wrist across Shinnie's shoulder/ head. Cue the bearded lady's front bottom going down holding his face to stop the referee seeing how much he was laughing at Morelos' stupidity

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

This is the elephant in the room and it needs addressed ……now behind closed doors!

We tell him to keep doing what he does, whilst getting to the bottom of why he’s refereed to a different standard to other players in the league.

The guy is vilified in the media, we’ve had 4 days of sound bytes as to why he wasn’t sent off at Tynecastle (for absolutely nothing) and then he sees red tonight. Does anyone genuinely believe they’re not related?

The mentally challengeds with typewriters will be putting their feet up tonight and will consider it a job done.

Tonight? Are you for real?

He deserved both his bookings, the second one being nothing but unnecessary madness.

%^*& all to do with anyone else today but Alfredo Morelos.

He doesn't need to be dropped, but tonight he seemed to be totally off the boil, and perhaps the manager has to be brave enough to take him off when this happens because when a player is off his game, he will become frustrated and then things begin to go wrong.
As it proved.

What is wrong with taking him off, putting an arm around him and telling him that it wasn't his night and not to worry as this is football?

I would have hooked him a good ten minutes before his dismissal because he was clearly struggling.
When I seen Laff on at halftime I said to my mate Alfie must be getting subbed which would have been a wise move. Any excuse and that ref was sending him off. On the bus and Just seen it on the phone. Was stupid and deserved to go.

There's a difference between getting booked or sent of for a bad foul or mistimed tackle and, let's be blunt, behaving like a fucking idiot.

Dissent and trying to make some childish point or impression by lashing out off the ball, has to be stamped out.

For all his good qualities, he is no use to Rangers or anyone else, sitting in the stand.

Back