Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

OK, shite night aye.

Season changing, no.

We can beat the filth at home and that will alter the prospective again.
I honestly do not see what evidence you have for that. They murdered us the last match and we were very lucky to get away with just one. I’m more worried we will still be in the hunt. Lafferty does not fill me with confidence as our target man.

I'll bet a Morelos yellow card for an overly exuberant celebration in front of Sheep fans or that'll happen on the 29th this month and eventually see him sent off for a nothing challenge.
He has the brain of a sponge. Will never change and is a liability. Many will defend him to the core, but his rash stupidity is costing us.
I am not sure he understands he is a target either, magnified by biased press. Had a glaring miss too when he punted one over the bar.
The good news is the yahoos only drew and thumb missed a penalty. Not over yet, we can still win this title.

Garbage, shitebag performance.

Sideways nonsense. Nobody going direct or carrying it.

Any time our defence carried it or passed it forward inside to one of the strikers we looked like creating something, but nobody wanted to do it.

Ejaria coming short to pass it back/square is utterly pointless. It's not building anything, it's not taking responsibility.

Outwitted twice by those hammer throwing no marks.

I just do not get SG's desire to play Coulibaly in every match he is fit for. His first touch is rank rotten; his passing ability is non-existent; he creates the square root of nothing: What is he there for? What is he supposed to be doing?

I dare say he'll be in the next starting line-up too, and once again we'll be a man down from kick-off. When others lose form they get dropped. Why not Coulibaly? I really don't understand it!

Gerrard described him as a 'midfield destroyer' when he first brought him in. To me thats the player who sits in front of the defence and breaks up opposition play. Coulibaly seems to wander aimlessly between the middle and right hand side with him offering very little.

Could see even after 10 minutes tonight we were not scoring tonight. It was similar to the away game at livi where they put everyone behind the ball and we passed it around our defence all night. The amount of times our midfielders took the ball facing our own goal and passed it backwards was ridiculous.

Losing a goal from a poorly defended set piece against a team that offers nothing offensively other than at set pieces is criminal.

We could have gone further clear tonight but we completely blew it

If ejaria, coulibaly, Jack or flanigan start against Dundee I will be dumbfounded. If I was rossiter or mccrorie and I dont start this weekend I'd be asking for a loan out.

Unfortunately we have so many bang average players at the moment who lack the character to win big games. The bottle completely crashed tonight , as it has done previously. Morelos is a complete bam and has let us all down. Coulibaly wouldn’t look out of place at St Mirren. Grezda is never Rangers quality and Flannagan is the stuff of nightmares.

Long ball...foul. Long ball...foul. Long ball...foul.

That was the first half from both sides. It was like watching Aberdeen v Aberdeen. Utter shite. Why did we try and play Aberdeen at their own game instead of just playing our own game?

How come we rise to it in Europe?

It's a monkey and well shake it sooner than later, the filth being the perfect answer.

more time and space to pick a pass i would say

we were also shite for 60 minutes at home to villareal and away come to think about it

we also tried our very best not to qualify with horrendous ill discipline which is now a real feature of this team and its being leaped on to great delight by our opponents

I honestly do not see what evidence you have for that. They murdered us the last match and we were very lucky to get away with just one. I’m more worried we will still be in the hunt. Lafferty does not fill me with confidence as our target man.

If we can transfer our European performances into home performances we will be a huge step closer to making it happen.

We can do it, we just need everyone to turn up.

We didn't turn up tonight, no one was willing to take the middle of the park in their last third, we were pushed out wide and couldn't cut through them.

Our CF was too static in the box, we had nothing to play too, they counter us in the air, it needs to be on the deck and quick in the box, we just didn't try it though.

I can usually articulate my criticism a bit better but that was utter dogshit.
No one wanted take the bull by the horns and try and make something happen. The heads went down when we lost the goal and no-one stood up and took charge. We really are tough to watch when we play like that . Gutted.

Gerrard described him as a 'midfield destroyer' when he first brought him in. To me thats the player who sits in front of the defence and breaks up opposition play. Coulibaly seems to wander aimlessly between the middle and right hand side with him offering very little.
He certainly destroys any momentum we build.
It's now very obvious why we've been able to get him on loan. If he's not good enough for a small French team, he's not good enough for us.

Another thing that I was reminded of with tonight's woeful performance...

When Tavernier is below par he's a real 0/10 player. Can completely stink the joint up.

Crossing and passing deteriorates to school level. Can't seem to get the basics right when he starts poorly.
Said that for 3 seasons,hes either great or pish, never a happy medium

Unfortunately we have so many bang average players at the moment who lack the character to win big games. The bottle completely crashed tonight , as it has done previously. Morelos is a complete bam and has let us all down. Coulibaly wouldn’t look out of place at St Mirren. Grezda is never Rangers quality and Flannagan is the stuff of nightmares.

FFS, would not want to be with you in the trenches. Bad night, we suck it up & move on, win the next 4 & thrash the bheasts on the 29th.

Just clocked the mentally challengeds gave up a late equalizer. Not sure how I feel about missing the chance to go three points clear of them, however ending up on equal standing albeit a game ahead

Can hardly say 1-0 is a humping:D

So we get murdered 1-0 by them, but you can hardly call 1-0 a humping?

Follow Follow is extra weird on nights like this.

The drama is out of control. I'm out.

What happened to the excitement re Coulibally when he first came into the team? Solid, hardworking and all the attributes of a decent centre mid. He’s went backwards since the second week he was here. Ejaria offers a lot of effort but very little quality. A poor centre mid pairing.

Nothing through the middle tonight except once, which nearly created something. Why did we not try this again? Arfield was a big miss to offer support in attack - none of the midfielders got involved. Every time we look to go out wide for a Tav or Candeias cross. It wasn’t working - even when decent balls came in.

A Steven Davis type player is what we’re needing in there. Not saying SF himself but a clear midfielder who links midfield to attack.

Never been as pissed off for a long time.

We've hardly been schooled by mcinnes, Aberdeen were utter dung. Had it not been for getting a fortunate early goal then they offered nothing going forward. If out final ball had been better then we'd not be sitting here moaning .

Flan needs to not start, coulibaly needs dropped too. Halliday needs to start until barisic is fit. The desire that was shown in the last game was missing.
Aberdeen were decent they fought for every ball and had hunger and desire, if anything it was us that was "utter dung" with the lack of hunger and desire. 3 shitebags in midfield and wingers feart to take anyone on and would rather pass the buck and launch it into the box.

On that showing tonight and when we've struggled we badly need a playmaker to make cutting passes too many players scared of playing a through pass in my opinion

So frustrating tonight! Unbelieveably so!

The central midfielders all looked like they were scared to try any kind of defence splitting pass at all.

Thankfully the pigs drew or it could have been much worse. Need to go on a winning run now.

How long is Morelos out for now? Is it one more game on top of the Dundee game or two?
He was poor before he got sent off tonight and then very silly to be doing that on a yellow.

This is the first time this season that Celtc have dropped points and we've failed to win the same week. We also had the chance to go top and put pressure on them at the weekend, went a goal behind at Tynecastle and won the game to go top.

Do those games not count on just the disappointing results?

I am sure there would also be a few times where we have dropped points and they have won as well.
I guess I'm just very disappointed mate. I just feel like after a performance like Sunday, or when we beat St Johnstone 5-1 you just get the belief that this is it, we are going to go from strength to strength and give this title a real shake but then we put in a performance like tonight or like we did the week after St Johnstone against Livingston. If we turned up to either of those games I think we win. Can you imagine their fans if we were 6 points in font of them. Then we would see how they handled pressure which they have not had to do for years.
Just very frustrated but at least we don't have to wait a full week until the next game.

Another thing that I was reminded of with tonight's woeful performance...

When Tavernier is below par he's a real 0/10 player. Can completely stink the joint up.

Crossing and passing deteriorates to school level. Can't seem to get the basics right when he starts poorly.

It’s weird when that happens - the next game it looks as though every ball he plays is going to be dangerous. He just goes completely off the boil. Arguably MOTM on Sunday.

We need a plan B rather than keep passing to him every single attack.

Pathetic, never looked like scoring and we saw that Morelos sending off coming for an hour before it did. Not one player gets pass marks tonight

He has the brain of a sponge. Will never change and is a liability. Many will defend him to the core, but his rash stupidity is costing us.
I am not sure he understands he is a target either, magnified by biased press. Had a glaring miss too when he punted one over the bar.
The good news is the yahoos only drew and thumb missed a penalty. Not over yet, we can still win this title.

You are assuming he has a brain, on tonight's antics, it would appear he hasn't.

After sticking up for him, he embarrassed SG tonight. The club should bite the bullet and give him a heafty fine, he can't be allowed to act like a nut case time after time.

Could see even after 10 minutes tonight we were not scoring tonight. It was similar to the away game at livi where they put everyone behind the ball and we passed it around our defence all night......

In both games the clear tactic from the opposition was to retreat and leave the ball with our centre-backs - who could do nothing better than knock it long or knock it sideways. We have to learn better how to deal with that.

I am sure there would also be a few times where we have dropped points and they have won as well.
I guess I'm just very disappointed mate. I just feel like after a performance like Sunday, or when we beat St Johnstone 5-1 you just get the belief that this is it, we are going to go from strength to strength and give this title a real shake but then we put in a performance like tonight or like we did the week after St Johnstone against Livingston. If we turned up to either of those games I think we win. Can you imagine their fans if we were 6 points in font of them. Then we would see how they handled pressure which they have not had to do for years.
Just very frustrated but at least we don't have to wait a full week until the next game.
It's still a whole new team under a manager in his first job who's had 1 transfer window to replace a squad. It was never going to be as easy as people wanted to believe. We're still ahead of Celtc in the table and have a lot of big games coming up, the players need to man up and move on.

Gerrard made a lady's front bottom of it from the start, Flanagan is a liability at left back, the midfield 3 was wrong from the start. The sub at half time was baffling, completely the wrong change.

Why not throw on Worrall up top and take Ejaria off??? Credit when it's due but tonight he showed his naievety

Pathetic, never looked like scoring and we saw that Morelos sending off coming for an hour before it did. Not one player gets pass marks tonight

Obviously SG didn't see it coming, after his stupid antics to get booked in the first half, he should have been on the bench for the second half.

It's such a shame, he can be a liability at times.

Only post I made before the game was I was not happy with Coul and Ejeria in midfield and I still stand by that. Ross in my view is better in there than both against teams like the sheep.
Once again Freddy lets us down. This was a big game for us to show we can win this league and we failed. However that does not mean we don't have a chance because there are a lot of games to be played and we are in the mix to come top but we need to up our skill and desire to win against the sheep, septic and hivs.
Dundee played well tonight and will be confident so we must go there and show the loyal travelling support that the journey was worthwhile and come away with a big win.

If ejaria, coulibaly, Jack or flanigan start against Dundee I will be dumbfounded. If I was rossiter or mccrorie and I dont start this weekend I'd be asking for a loan out.

I would give Jack the benifit of the doubt. He had two passengers in Ejeria and Coolbilly on his shoulders. The number of times he had to chase back because of them affected his overall performance.

Back