Seriously - What Can Gerrard do About Morelos?

Drop him. Don't give him another minute of football before the winter break and make him train with the unders. Idiot of a boy clearly can't get it through his head that his antics are only going to cost us, so we can't afford to have him in the team

I’m as frustrated at Morelos tonight as anyone else but drop him ? Madness . Who plays ?

Please don’t say lafferty .

There are times when it looks like he is trying to get sent off - it seemed inevitable from the moment he was booked tonight (that being said mainly because McLean was itching to even the score after he sent off Cosgrove)

Tonight is disappointing as he has been rightly praised of late for keeping his temper and he's blown it with another moment of madness.

The first yellow was old Morelos
The second was absolutely idiotic

An i love him

But for goodness sake ,how disappointing
11v10

we know he gets a raw deal sometimes with the cards,we know he gets targeted by opposing players,i would expect our players to do the same
the thing is,he is going into games and for every good thing he does,he does something stupid,he is giving referees the opportunity to make a decision
he cant expect every tackle on him to be legit,he needs to rise above it
gerrard needs to sit him down and make him watch the videos of him and ask him why hes getting involved in the things hes being booked for
sitting out the next couple of games might make him realise hes no use in the stand

Morelos needs to fcuking grow up. If Gerrard and his team cannot help him do that then nobody will.

He has to ask himself what he wants to be, because his indiscipline will undoubtedly put potential suitors off signing him.

No club with the money to give him a multi £million a year contract will sign him up on these terms whilst it looks like he will be missing plenty through injury.

The most disappointing thing about tonight is Morelos has shown signs of controlling his temperament recently. In fact in some occasions he's appeared to be driven by this in a positive way. Tonight reverted to his behaviours start of the season.

There's a difference between getting booked or sent of for a bad foul or mistimed tackle and, let's be blunt, behaving like a fucking idiot.

Dissent and trying to make some childish point or impression by lashing out off the ball, has to be stamped out.

For all his good qualities, he is no use to Rangers or anyone else, sitting in the stand.

We've been hearing this for a season and a half now and there's no sign he's learning any lessons.
We cannot continually be told "he's a young boy" etc, he's an experienced professional in his 2nd season in the league and should know better by now.

after he got sent off he pushed McKenna, I thought he won the ball then you see the replay and he steps back in with his arm raised, Sheeps makes a bit of a meal of it, 2nd yellow off.

Gerrard backed him solidly a few days ago and he does that? Certainly needs fined at the minimum.

It was idiotic, we needed him tonight, more so in that second half we started quick.

Drop him. Don't give him another minute of football before the winter break and make him train with the unders. Idiot of a boy clearly can't get it through his head that his antics are only going to cost us, so we can't afford to have him in the team

Aye great, play hibs twice , hearts and the Yahoos with Kyle Lafferty up front . Genius .

Leave our 17 goal striker on the bench . Great move .

Fck me . I’m off to bed heard enough nonsense .

He allowed that shower a shite to drag him into barging and pulling instead of concentrating on his own game. Missed a couple of good chances and McKenna was winding him up. He's got to grow up.

Nothing, he wont change. Only thing to do is sell him for as much money as we can. Will take pelters for it but its the truth, he wont chance. He costs us time and time again.

He needs to tell him to stop the back chat with the refs for a start, the majority of his yellow cards are caused by that

He has us over a barrel. He's our best player AND knows he can always agitate for a move if we pressurise him.

Let him go if that's the case.
Regardless of goals, his value will decrease with each sending off and reputation as a liability.

No player is bigger than the club and if he think's he has us over a barrell he should be shown otherwise.

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

I honestly don't think a manager can do anything with a player like Morelos, as all he cares about is himself.
I don't care if he's scored 17 goals or not, all i care about is that he can stay on the park and behave himself.
That way he would be more beneficial to the club.
Personally i would try and get some decent cash for him, and move him on in the January window, as the guy is becoming a liability to the team.
Ive a feeling S.G. will soon get fed up with his selfish childish behaviour, and get short of him.
I honestly think he's become too big for his boots now.
Im sure we could replace him with a couple of good strikers, that appreciates playing for the badge, and the team.Unlike him.He plays for himself and nobody else.imo.

Got to be dropped can’t keep letting us down. Even before he got sent of he was always speaking back to the ref pushing the centre half’s about. He’s had enough chances for sell him in January

Well it's a fuckin decision we need to make cause through his own idiocy he's missing the next two anyway.

You said don’t give him a minutes football until the winter break .

That , my friend , is lunacy . And I think you know it .

Aye great, play hibs twice , hearts and the Yahoos with Kyle Lafferty up front . Genius .

Leave our 17 goal striker on the bench . Great move .

Fck me . I’m off to bed heard enough nonsense .
What a play Morelos for him to get sent off after a hour

A Spanish psychologist*

One of my extended in law family is a native Spaniard, trained and practicing child psychologist.

If someone gives me the contact I’ll put her in touch with the club

Tongue in cheek, obviously, although what I’ve said is true. LOL

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

I don't know what he does, but the simple fact is we can't drop him. The drop in quality between him and lafferty is too big.

We're a kind of stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea on this.

We can't afford to drop him, but at same time we can't afford to let his constant indiscipline cost us

We’ve no choice if we want to win games . Alfredo just scored in seven consecutive league games .

The gulf in class between lafferty and Morelos is frightening . Lafferty isn’t very good .

Why can't he understand , he's fùcking useless to us when suspended .... it's not fùcking rocket science

Morelos needs to do some growing up , and quickly.

That said ,the refereeing standard in Scotland doesn't help.

McLean always looks like he should be refereeing kids footbal , even then I'm not sure he wouldn't feel intimidated.

Morelos is too self centered and plays in a bubble of self regard. He doesn't think of the consequences of his actions and how they effect the team. He needs a seriously strong arm put around him, not of the reassurance type, but of the last resort or yer oot the door. I am so disappointed in him and how he's let down his manager, his teammates, himself and US!

This thread is a fucking goldmine for those who were waiting for Morelos to make one mistake.

He was silly tonight for what he did but we'd be utterly fucked without him. Look at the number of goals he scores/provides and tell me it's not worth the trade off.

The alternatives of Lafferty and Sadiq simply don't bear thinking about because they are not on the same playing field as Morelos.

I honestly don't think a manager can do anything with a player like Morelos, as all he cares about is himself.
I don't care if he's scored 17 goals or not, all i care about is that he can stay on the park and behave himself.
That way he would be more beneficial to the club.
Personally i would try and get some decent cash for him, and move him on in the January window, as the guy is becoming a liability to the team.
Ive a feeling S.G. will soon get fed up with his selfish childish behaviour, and get short of him.
I honestly think he's become too big for his boots now.
Im sure we could replace him with a couple of good strikers, that appreciates playing for the badge, and the team.Unlike him.He plays for himself and nobody else.imo.

I think that tonight could well be a turning point for him.

I don't theres anything we can do with him, in years to come he'll be remembered as a good player with a poor disciplinary record.

Temperament is a big part of a strikers game, Morelos won’t change he will reign it in for a short spell but it will out again..it’s in him sadly it’s instinctive to him.

you’re playing for rangers son ,you are not bigger than this club ,if he can’t accept that fact maybe he should be moved imho .

This thread is a fucking goldmine for those who were waiting for Morelos to make one mistake.

He was silly tonight for what he did but we'd be utterly fucked without him. Look at the number of goals he scores/provides and tell me it's not worth the trade off.

The alternatives of Lafferty and Sadiq simply don't bear thinking about because they are not on the same playing field as Morelos.

Well we are "utterly fucked" then for at least the next two games, and nobody's fault but his for most of it. He can't score or provide sitting in the stand. Not only that we have to adjust our game plan without him. That's not helping us either.

Happens too often now. For all SGs comments in the media conference I am sure he has had a go at him in private, and rightly so.
However looks like the wee man is simply not going to learn and that is worrying.

Well we are "utterly fucked" then for at least the next two games, and nobody's fault but his for most of it. He can't score or provide sitting in the stand. Not only that we have to adjust our game plan without him. That's not helping us either.

Not really sure how to reply to this because it seems like you're agreeing with me even though you're trying not to.

Hero to zero in the blink of an eye.

Such a fickle game is football.

But, this is one enigma of a player we’ve not had to handle in many a year. And handle him correctly we must.

On form he is invaluable to the side.

Off form, his immaturity & petulance diminishes his value as an asset to the Club.

It’s a hell of a conundrum for any manager, let alone one cutting his teeth in the hotseat of a Club of our stature.

We do however need to seriously consider our position in the January transfer window, be that capitalising or reinforcing.

Do I trust Steven Gerrard to manage this situation appropriately?

Absolutely.

As soon as he picks up a booking he should be hooked. Imo it is the only way he will get the message. One of our posters said in the first half after he was booked that he should be subbed. I bet Steven Gerrard is wishing that he had subbed him.

I’m as frustrated at Morelos tonight as anyone else but drop him ? Madness . Who plays ?

Please don’t say lafferty .
Well certainly not Morelos if he keeps giving them what they are looking for.....the chance to get him off the park.

alfie.gif

I think he’ll be in the stands never mind the bench given his disciplinary record. He needs to wise up quickly.

Hero to zero in the blink of an eye.

Such a fickle game is football.

But, this is one enigma of a player we’ve not had to handle in many a year. And handle him correctly we must.

On form he is invaluable to the side.

Off form, his immaturity & petulance diminishes his value as an asset to the Club.

It’s a hell of a conundrum for any manager, let alone one cutting his teeth in the hotseat of a Club of our stature.

We do however need to seriously consider our position in the January transfer window, be that capitalising or reinforcing.

Do I trust Steven Gerrard to manage this situation appropriately?

Absolutely.

That’s the best post I’ve read on Morelos.
Sums it up perfectly.

After SG comments about indiscipline he goes and does that tonight a complete lack of respect for his manager and his team mates. He is putting SG in a very difficult situation where he is going to have to either drop him or sell him if a decent offer did come in. Anything else and its SG who starts to look weak and something tells me that's not going to happen.

You said don’t give him a minutes football until the winter break .

That , my friend , is lunacy . And I think you know it .

Aye I'm already not very proud of that one :D honestly mate I've calmed down a little now but I was just so angry. Almost to a man the whole team were fuckin shite tonight, and when we needed him to step up and give us his best, he was a selfish wee dick and got himself sent off, and he can have absolutely no complaints cause he clearly cared more about winning his own wee personal duels and acting the wideo than he did about getting the win

Back