Seriously - What Can Gerrard do About Morelos?

Fúck knows, but something needs done very quickly. We either drop him for a few games and go with Lafferty, or persevere and fine him. The silly cúnt doesn't think at times, it's all about him, he just doesn't think about the damage he creates.

He doesn't need to be dropped, but tonight he seemed to be totally off the boil, and perhaps the manager has to be brave enough to take him off when this happens because when a player is off his game, he will become frustrated and then things begin to go wrong.
As it proved.

What is wrong with taking him off, putting an arm around him and telling him that it wasn't his night and not to worry as this is football?

I would have hooked him a good ten minutes before his dismissal because he was clearly struggling.

That's all everyone seem's to do with him, put an arm round him and feel sorry for him.
It's about time the guy grew up and realised that he's playing for Glasgow Rangers, and stop acting like a silly wee boy on the park.
We will win nothing with players who go on to the field with a chip on their shoulder in every game like he does, thinking the whole world's against him.
S.G.will need to have serious thoughts about this guy, as it's now getting out of hand with him, as he can't control himself enough to stay on the park.
I think this boy thinks that he's better than he really is, and will need to be put in his place via the manager and staff.otherwise he'll continue to behave like he's been doing, and it won't help the team or indeed the club, if we continue to total up red cards.
Time for this player to grow up, and show the football fraternity, just how good he can become.Otherwise move on and make the managers job a lot easier, as he's trying his very best to support & protect you.But you continue to let him down by not helping yourself or your team.

This thread is a fucking goldmine for those who were waiting for Morelos to make one mistake.

He was silly tonight for what he did but we'd be utterly fucked without him. Look at the number of goals he scores/provides and tell me it's not worth the trade off.

The alternatives of Lafferty and Sadiq simply don't bear thinking about because they are not on the same playing field as Morelos.

It's less to do with this place being a goldmine for criticism and more to do with the posters who espouse the narrative that Morelos is a totally blameless victim of anti-Colombian racism being shown up by his own petulant behaviour.

Case in point: Chief Wahoo's "Does Anyone Still Want to Believe It's Morelos' Fault?" thread. Absolutely mad.

I don’t know what the answer is but I know what the answer isn’t and that is to show you’re pretty much needing him that much you’re prepared to put up with his shit.
Make no mistake he could stop this immediately it’s him that chooses to get involved like this no one else

Aye I'm already not very proud of that one :D honestly mate I've calmed down a little now but I was just so angry. Almost to a man the whole team were fuckin shite tonight, and when we needed him to step up and give us his best, he was a selfish wee dick and got himself sent off, and he can have absolutely no complaints cause he clearly cared more about winning his own wee personal duels and acting the wideo than he did about getting the win

I do share your frustrations mate . I think Gerrard summed it up “ it’s time some players started showing this club a bit of respect “.

Sickener tonight . Has to be some major lessons took on board no more mr nice guy regarding discipline or lack of it I reckon from now on . He’s given them plenty backing but now it’s got ridiculous .

Drop him. Don't give him another minute of football before the winter break and make him train with the unders. Idiot of a boy clearly has can't get it through his head that his antics are only going to cost us, so we can't afford to have him in the team

No offence mate but what a brain dead proposition that is. He’s been carrying us a lot, pissing him right off AND keeping him out the side isn’t really going to do the team much good.

He needs to tell him to stop the back chat with the refs for a start, the majority of his yellow cards are caused by that

The guys acting like a spoiled brat, there was no need to do what he done to - night, even though i thought it was trivial.
I always think that he's always trying to prove something and goes about with a permanent chip on his shoulder.
I think he'll find out sooner than later, that the club will get fed up with his behavior and try and sell him on.imo.

Simply put, he needs to go through him for tonight.

Gerrard is excellent with Morelos, protects him to the hilt, but he shouldn't (and won't) be exempt from getting pulled up.

This for me.

Gerrard has backed him and backed him and backed him. Morelos let us all down tonight but he especially let his manager down.

I really hope Gerrard tore him an absolute new one in that dressing room after the game.

Go right through him, get him firing until January then accept £18m, re-invest £6m in a striker and £6m in an attacking midfielder, bring in Steven Davis and march to 55 with money left over for now potential like Barisic on the cheap.

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

Give Lafferty the jersey and await the arrival of the new striker in January that SG hinted at in yesterdays press conference.

Alfredo has to realise that continually getting bookings and reds has consequences - he should not walk back into starting 11 after suspension.

Gerrard has already said he's looking for another striker. That's the only way he's going to learn imo, if there's someone putting him under serious pressure for the jersey. Lafferty is never going to do that.

No offence mate but what a brain dead proposition that is. He’s been carrying us a lot, pissing him right off AND keeping him out the side isn’t really going to do the team much good.

Yes and him sitting in the stand's not do us much good either.
He's acting like an idiot if things don't go his way.
We all support and back him against the odds, but there's only so much fans and a manager can accept from a player, and personally i think he's stepped over the line, and helped to lose us 3 valuable points to - night.
I like Morelos, but what use is he to our club acting like a wee boy with a petted lip in every game he plays.
He needs to get that chip off his shoulder, as the world owes him nothing.Time for him to grow up and wear the Blue jersey of Rangers with some pride, otherwise move on to pastures new. Imo.

Yes and him sitting in the stand's not do us much good either.
He's acting like an idiot if things don't go his way.
We all support and back him against the odds, but there's only so much fans and a manager can accept from a player, and personally i think he's stepped over the line, and helped to lose us 3 valuable points to - night.
I like Morelos, but what use is he to our club acting like a wee boy with a petted lip in every game he plays.
He needs to get that chip off his shoulder, as the world owes him nothing.Time for him to grow up and wear the Blue jersey of Rangers with some pride, otherwise move on to pastures new. Imo.

If you want to do that you better get used to the idea of us dropping a whole load more points like tonight then.

This for me.

Gerrard has backed him and backed him and backed him. Morelos let us all down tonight but he especially let his manager down.

I really hope Gerrard tore him an absolute new one in that dressing room after the game.

.......................and had a bloody big smirk on his face while he was doing it. No bloody smirk here, fella, no bloody smirk in the stands and no bloody smirk on SG's face either.

He has to buck up his ideas.

It's a very difficult one. He is a very good player but we can't keep letting him away with his discipline issue. He can't just feel he can react how he wants when he wants. So, despite his importance I think Gerrard needs to bite the bullet. He needs to tear strips off of him letting him know he's let the manager, the team, the fans and himself down once again. He needs to drop him as well - let him know he can't just expect to keep getting picked.

If Solanke is as good as people say he is on here id be looking to sell Morelos if we can get 8-10 million and get Solanke on loan for a season and a half. Pains me to say but its becoming to much of an issue now with Morelos.

Have you not seen Solanke play? IMO he’s really good and a future England no 9.

You could see after the first ten minutes the red mist starting to descend.He couldn't trap a bag of cement and was getting more frustrated as the game wore on.We all know what's coming next when he's in that huffy childish mood and so should the manager.He should never have came out second half.I really don't see this boy changing .I would sell him in January for any offer over 10m.

I think Alfie is superb striker but for his own good he needs to think about moving on,He is a marked man goaded by opposition players and punished for things other players get away with because of he has been tagged with a reputation the refs are even being pressured to target him by opposition managers.

You could see after the first ten minutes the red mist starting to descend.He couldn't trap a bag of cement and was getting more frustrated as the game wore on.We all know what's coming next when he's in that huffy childish mood and so should the manager.He should never have came out second half.I really don't see this boy changing .I would sell him in January for any offer over 10m.

crap. he was starved of ammo and crowded out. despite that, there were a few decent hold ups and he had, by far, the best chance of the game. He also came very close with a couple headers.

he's our most important player by a MILE. Selling him in January would concede the league, 100%.

Tonight, is the first time under Gerrard he’s really let us down. I’ll forgive him.

One of my extended in law family is a native Spaniard, trained and practicing child psychologist.

If someone gives me the contact I’ll put her in touch with the club

Tongue in cheek, obviously, although what I’ve said is true. LOL

LOL child psychologist nice.

Morelos was an embarrassment tonight all around. His own fault. Don’t expect much of FF to understand, they’d join a Morelos cult in the desert if he started one.

Fact is Gerrard needs to remind him who runs this club and it is not AM.

He has us over a barrel. He's our best player AND knows he can always agitate for a move if we pressurise him.
With respect I disagree. Big money from China in January,a suitable replacement available then he goes. No good to us sitting in the stands.

I'd get our players to trip him in training, pull his shirt, blatantly cheat against him. If Morelos reacts at all, he gets sin-binned for 2 minutes. Keep that up for a couple of weeks or however long is necessary to get it out of his system.
In amongst much of the lunacy in this thread, this is the right answer - train the reaction out of him

I've stuck up for him and he is our best player in years but it's true he is a liability. Not sure it is something that can be coached out of you because it is pretty obvious you shouldn't do the things he does.

Has anyone seen it back? Was it a second yellow? I would like to see it before my pitchfork comes out.
Definitely.

He’ll move on one day but another aspect of this ridiculous behavior is it’s definitely going to affect his value when we do move him on.

For the time being, Gerrard needs to absolutely go through him for this one.

There’s only one thing more pissing me off about him than getting ridiculous red cards and it’s that stupid head shaking as he’s walking off again.

You could tell from the second he got a foul given against him for going into the Aberdeen keeper in the first half that it would end up this way, we’ve seen it all before.

The next few weekends will punish him, players like Morelos just want to play football, being fit and sitting in the stand will be hard for him to take.
You can’t really change a temperament like his, he plays on the edge but it needs to be controlled, by teammates and the managerial team.

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

Play him, back him, coach him, advise him, help him, defend him.
And ask the board to do all of the above, we are treated scandalously by SPFL employees one and all.
End thread.
This forum is bonkers. Always, but tonight it makes mentally challenged street look sane!

You could tell from the second he got a foul given against him for going into the Aberdeen keeper in the first half that it would end up this way, we’ve seen it all before.
Text @chilebear when Morelos got booked, "Morelos will be the scapegoat to even it up around 55.
Didn't get to 60? DId it?

If you want to do that you better get used to the idea of us dropping a whole load more points like tonight then.

His behaviour unfortunately i don’t think he will change he shows no sign of learning how to shut up.

I was more concerned about the total sitter he missed which was as bad as the ones against Celtic.

The next few weekends will punish him, players like Morelos just want to play football, being fit and sitting in the stand will be hard for him to take.
You can’t really change a temperament like his, he plays on the edge but it needs to be controlled, by teammates and the managerial team.
The big picture isn’t about him and just wanting to play football. He is badly letting down his manager, his teammates and the supporters. It’s not been that hard for him to take before because he’s gone right back out and done it again.

Pittodrie should have been the warning but it seems he’s unable to learn.

Now he misses even more games, letting down the same people again.

Last edited:
He now won’t play for the next two weeks due to his luncacy. He should be told we’re not paying him for that period.

He cost us 3 points tonight. He nearly cost us Europe. It must stop now.

He never cost us 3 points tonight. Every single player was shite, even 11 v 10. We barely looked like scoring the full game.

Skelp him in front of the whole changing room and dare him to hit him back. When he doesn't he then goes "That's what you have to bring to the pitch, your fucking brain."

Yup.

The guy beside kept saying he was going to get sent off throughout the whole time Morelos was on the park.

As you say, we’ve seen it all before.

As soon as he got booked I said to my mate, be better just sending him off now as it's only a matter of time.

His behaviour unfortunately i don’t think he will change he shows no sign of learning how to shut up.

I was more concerned about the total sitter he missed which was as bad as the ones against Celtic.

I mean that’s a pile of bollocks because he’s already looked the other way and not taken the bait at various points over the last couple of months, he just lost it tonight, no excuse for him.

Strikers miss chances though, it happens to the best of them and you’d have to have real dislike for the guy digging him up for that when he’s already netted 17 times this season.

Last edited:
He now won’t play for the next two weeks due to his luncacy. He should be told we’re not paying him for that period.

He cost us 3 points tonight. He nearly cost us Europe. It must stop now.

Cost us 3 points? He was having a stinker when he was on the park and even after being sent off it was still 10 v 10.

Maybe the other 10 can take some responsibility, maybe the gaffer can take some too for once again tinkering with his line up and it once again resulting in dropped points.

Back