Gerrard schooled again by a perennial loser

Sure, people are allowed to voice their opinions but come on its a rangers forum with admins, the op and those in agreement should be banned for being embarrassing and stupid.

Being schooled is a term that means been given a lesson you should learn from. If Stevie G was to adopt the tactics used by McInnes on a regular basis we would be wanting him hunted out the door.
Their game plan relies on luck, they got it with an early goal, it's all well and good in a one-off game but this is this erse's go to plan.
A dour manager, with a dour team from a dour city scrabbling around for scraps with the height of their ambition being second in every competition.
Thankfully he never made it to the manager's seat here, could you imagine watching McInnes and Docherty's teams for the foreseeable future?
The knee-jerk reactions to the team and manager are bewildering, we are 15 games into our first season with the possibility of progressing into the last 32 of the Uefa. Over the piece, if you're not happy with where we are and are heading, then there is something far wrong.
It's very early days bears, in the next transfer windows I expect we will see a couple of players who can break this kind of shit football down.

Onwards and Upwards.

Yeah to be fair McInnes is a tactical genius with his pack the defence and hope for a goal from a set piece or break away. Never seen any manager do that at Ibrox before

Behave. We lost because our players themselves were sh1t and couldn't find a way to break them down

Would hardly say schooled. Each time the team have failed to deliver and bother turning up. Aderdeen are a shocking outfit and without scoring from a a set peice they never look a threat.

Heard a comment coming out of the ground last night that they are a better team than us..
I think some people should think a wee bit before saying idiotic things like that.
At this moment in time we are above the sheep in the league and we are one victory away from going into the last 32 of the EL.
We were all frustrated but comments aboit them being a better team are just wrong.

The fact is we are still quite a few good quality signings away.

That's just the truth of it, the Sheep hardly ever lay a glove on that shower , them's the facts.

Why do we always say this it is embarrassing. I will take a massive punt here and say their record against them in recent times is better than our’s.

He wasn't schooled.

They got an early relatively flukey away goal then were able to put ten men behind the ball.

I've seen us do it a few times this season in terms of digging in and sitting back.

The fact is we are still quite a few good quality signings away.

That's just the truth of it, the Sheep hardly ever lay a glove on that shower , them's the facts.

THIS... Didn’t see it coming, but in cold light of day, we are a couple of central midfield players short in these type of games, we have struggled a number of times this season against well organised, defensively set up teams. We stand better chance of beating them away as they are more attacking.
Opportunity in January transfers to change this - So hope Davis is already in the bag.

Until the manager rumbles the fact that Ejaria, Coulibaly and Flanagan simply aren`t good enough, we`re in for more disappointments. In addition, and again, it`s only my opinion, I don`t think we have looked as solid at the back since the manager inexplicably dropped Katic for Worrall and started mucking about with the best central defensive pairing we had seen for some time.

I think 'schooled' is OTT. We were beaten by Aberdeen's gameplan, not really a lesson in football more a case of we were dreadful and they contained us.

Its only one result, it wont loose us the league.
However, got wondering after the game last night.
I always think a manager/ assistant is great to have good guy/bad guy.
Like souness smith, smith knox etc etc
Who is the bad guy with macca and gerrard.?

He actually wrote their team talk for them with his comments after the draw at Pittodrie.

Wait to you beat them before you slag them off.

3 attempts to beat Aberdeen and failed on each occasion.

1 goal scored and it was a penalty.

Worse result at home to Aberdeen in over 25 years.
%^*& it, let's bring back Murty eh? Since he "schooled" mcinnes.
What a load pish.

Sure, people are allowed to voice their opinions but come on its a rangers forum with admins, the op and those in agreement should be banned for being embarrassing and stupid.
He has been schooled though, twice.

Both games panned out almost exactly the same. Aberdeen let us have the ball and invite us on to break them down, but we can’t. We don’t have the ideas or creativity.

I’m actually quite shocked and suprised Beale hasn’t worked out a way to play them. Gerrard mentioned a game plan for last night & the players knew their jobs but I have no idea what it was.

It's very early days.

The problem is people get too high with the highs then too low with the lows.

We're on the right road with Gerrard but it's clear the amount of games is taking it's toll on a few of the guys in our squad who are relatively young.

Folk desperate to pin something on Gerrard are pathetic. They’ve been influenced by the likes of Sutton, Stewart and Keith Jackson.

Gerrard has already said they worked on a game plan, every player said they understood it, but not one carried it out on the park.

The players have let us down.

OP is in that group you just know want Gerrard to be a bit shit because he was so far in the Pedro camp...

Gerrard is showing plenty potential as a manager, he will loose games now and then.....

Maclean was a nightmare as usual. Lewis Ferguson and Graeme Shinnie were allowed to foul constantly; our players were penalised at every opportunity.

Morelos needs to grow up sharpish. He gives Shinnie an opportunity to play-act to get him sent off. Naïvety of the highest order. I would say he's on his last legs where this is concerned without inviting a fine from Gerrard. Lafferty let his emotions get the better of him. Inexcusable for a man of his age and experience.

For all this apparent indiscipline, even if our players had been whiter than white, the referee would still have found a way to inhibit us. How he can book McGregor for complaining about May kicking the ball away says it all.

I know the forum likes to go into a meltdown but Aberdeen had two shots in total in the whole match.
We had plenty of chances.
We had a referee who was, let’s be diplomatic, sympathetic to the Aberdeen players.
McInness played the long odds game again and won it. Sometimes these things happen.
Could our players have done better? Certainly.
Could Gerrard have made better decisions? Yes.
But being “schooled” isn’t having dominance in a game which, if you had a bit more cool finishing, you would have easily won.

What we have here is disappointment fs if a had a £1 for every time I was disappointed with my team I would be a rich man. Sometimes we are a joke of a support using phrases like unacceptable then leaving after 80 mins when our team are trying to get an equaliser. I think when all is said and done we are on the right track.

A perennial loser who is unbeaten in 4 v us ?
They had a game plan, it was ugly, but they stuck to it. Let our central defenders have the ball, they're doing nothing. Let Jack and Ejaria pass across the park, no cutting edge. Wind up Morelos, he'll take the bait. Let Ejaria spin with the ball, because he won't get beyond their mid field.

This is exactly what happened.

It’s what they did in the LC semi as well.

Don’t press Goldson. Just let us have the ball there, which then gives them an overload of players at the back and in midfield if Goldson doesn’t drive forward. And invariably we just punted long balls upfield and lost possession.

That is what Gerrard was talking about post match. Players didn’t follow instructions to create overloads where we held the numeric advantage all over the pitch.

Then, we even failed to do it after we gained an actual numeric advantage. Alfie’s brain fart, of course, did for that advantage which also didn’t help.

However, it was a dreadful performance. Too many players too scared to have faith in their own ability to beat a man or make the killer pass. Too slow. Not enough pressing on the right areas. It was just horrible stuff for the entire match.

If you’re playing like that, all it takes is one ball to drop kindly in your own box and the opponents can pinch a winner.

That’s what happened.

He has been schooled though, twice.

Both games panned out almost exactly the same. Aberdeen let us have the ball and invite us on to break them down, but we can’t. We don’t have the ideas or creativity.

I’m actually quite shocked and surprised Beale hasn’t worked out a way to play them. Gerrard mentioned a game plan for last night & the players knew their jobs but I have no idea what it was.
I would not say he was schooled though.

I believe he did have a plan but they got a shitty goal and for the rest of the game it was backs against the wall from them and a team of tired and off the boil players from us.

Last night we had too many many that didn't perform as they have been recently and unfortunately it all happened at once.

I don't for one minute believe Derek McInnes can 'school' the coaching staff we have.

I would not say he was schooled though.

I believe he did have a plan but they got a shitty goal and for the rest of the game it was backs against the wall from them and a team of tired and off the boil players from us.

Last night we had too many many that didn't perform as they have been recently and unfortunately it all happened at once.

I don't for one minute believe Derek McInnes can 'school' the coaching staff we have.
Maybe not mate, but he has tactically done us twice now. I’m suprised, but its undeniable.

Game plan was clear from goldsons first long ball. Aww we done al night long balls in behind try get them on the back foot and try get in behind it never works! If we play to our full capacity knocking the ball about at pace we play aberdeen of the park! But we never and got what we deserved out the game hee haw!

To slow in the build up, to many long balls over the top, no one moving into the box to receive the ball, not being able/willing to find space in a cluttered final third, not playing our game and to our strengths, not running at the opposition defence not following the managers game plan. The manager was not schooled but let down by players who severely under performed!

The “level above comment” wasn’t the brightest of things to say after the first game. Lost fucking twice since to them.

It's very early days.

The problem is people get too high with the highs then too low with the lows.

We're on the right road with Gerrard but it's clear the amount of games is taking it's toll on a few of the guys in our squad who are relatively young.
Most sensible post I have seen on here in the last 24 hours, pity it will be lost in a sea of hysteria.

He wasn't schooled.

They got an early relatively flukey away goal then were able to put ten men behind the ball.

I've seen us do it a few times this season in terms of digging in and sitting back.

Exactly my point. We do it and it's a brilliant result, a tactical masterclass but when it happens to us it's nothing to do with tactics it's just because we were sh!te.

What is that saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

The first game of the season we can point to dodgy refereeing that got them a draw.

We can't say that about the cup game or last night. They went down to ten men half an hour or so in and we didn't have the nous to cope with their tactics.

Its only one result, it wont loose us the league.
However, got wondering after the game last night.
I always think a manager/ assistant is great to have good guy/bad guy.
Like souness smith, smith knox etc etc
Who is the bad guy with macca and gerrard.?
So, having got us into a position to at least challenge or make sure it’s not a cakewalk for the scum, have you decided they aren’t a good team?

Don`t buy this at all we absolutely battered them in the first two games, a wrong red card cost us the points in the first game & poor finishing/final ball cost us hugely in the semi final.

Last night we were poor but still missed three sitters, their goalkeeper has pulled of two great saves, they had one shot on goal and scored it, they can`t play like that against up in Aberdeen the next time and hopefully we will have an improved midfield plus Ryan Kent will be back as well along with Barisic

Exactly my point. We do it and it's a brilliant result, a tactical masterclass but when it happens to us it's nothing to do with tactics it's just because we were sh!te.

What is that saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

The first game of the season we can point to dodgy refereeing that got them a draw.

We can't say that about the cup game or last night. They went down to ten men half an hour or so in and we didn't have the nous to cope with their tactics.
We won’t be the first team to lose to that tactic.
We’ve done it to others.
Nine men against UFA, was it, earlier this season?
Did the scum not beat Barcelona when they were accused of anti football?

Aberdeen absoluteley bullied us all over the park ,they know they can bully us ,physically they are much stronger than us ,yes they play dross football but they bully us,its a tactic that has worked really well for them.

I agrre that the "class above" aberdeen statement after the first game has been like a rag to a bull for mcinnes ,be sure of one thing no matter league positions that little rat wants to shove that comment back down the gaffers throat come end of the season on head to heads and ill tell you another thing,McInnes still has a very sour taste from the debacle where he was on the verge of becoming our manager .

Aberdeen put us out of a cup semi .
Aberdeen beat us at "Fortress Ibrox".
Aberdeen made sure we were top of the league for just 3 days .

They are repeatedly inflicting big damaging results on us .

Why do we always say this it is embarrassing. I will take a massive punt here and say their record against them in recent times is better than our’s.
I didn't say it was embarrassing ,I just said it was a fact .

Discounting when the mentally challengeds lay down to them of course.

When it matters. i.e cup finals etc. the mentally challengeds beat them .

He actually wrote their team talk for them with his comments after the draw at Pittodrie.

Wait to you beat them before you slag them off.

3 attempts to beat Aberdeen and failed on each occasion.

1 goal scored and it was a penalty.

Worse result at home to Aberdeen in over 25 years.

Forgotten your man Pedro's horror show already then.

Imagine rating Pedro and slagging Gerrard. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Back