Is it time to start taking Kilmarnock seriously?

Remember, nobody thought Leicester would win their league and finish above Man Utd., Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc., so you never know.
However I don’t think they will finish any better than third.

I don't think they'll last the pace over the season tbh. However they are playing well, getting decent results and we shouldn't let arrogance get in the way of getting our job done.

The other thing I would like to say is that the professional approach of our management squad will have analysts all over every other club's performances in the Premiership and therefore I am confident that Steven Gerrard will have the answers before kick off !

For over a year they have performed at the same win level as Rangers and Celtic.

Based on our game with them recently I was relieved to take a draw.

The likely outcome is some of their players are sold in January and they fall away.

It is a perfect situation for us that they head to the Piggery this weekend

After Saturday that could read

Killie 78
Tims 75

They have sustained good form over a calendar year. We'll be under estimating them too because we smashed then in our games with them.

It would read

Killie 78
Tims 78

Surely?

We should take them seriously, by investing in the squad in January and not relying on loanees to mount a title challenge.

If they want to be up there challenging they have to go to the piggery and show they are capable of the challenge.

If they are still there after Christmas period, you’ve got to say yes. They’ve been consistent for over a year now and it’s approaching the half way point, more than just a bright start they’ve made.

Many on here said last year was a fluke under Clarke yet here he is again up near the top.
He is a quality manager at a small club and has them playing solid defensive football and they are picking up points.
They have to be taken seriously and we have to beat them when we play them.

I don’t expect them to get a result against the scum though and I think Celtic will win 1-0 or 2-0.

They've done very well but I can't see them being a serious contender. Then again, I doubt anyone took Leicester very seriously either.

Without a doubt as they a top of the league. They might fall away they might not but defo need to take them seriously.

This december is huge and right now they have played 2 and won 2 while we and the tims have dropped points already.
I agree.
Taking them as seriously as I took Hearts 4 weeks ago.

Big game on saturday for the tims, sadly at parkhead i can't see them getting beat, hoping i'm wrong.

We're quite good at belittling other teams when we've shown nothing ourselves to suggest we'll challenge. Their record since Clarke took over is unbelievable and of course they should be taken seriously.
Second, most games played, top goals scored, best goal difference, pumped first 3-1(OG) this season , game in hand to go first. beaten 1-0 at worst in the league.
Killie, eh, shite, scraping the barrel and 1-0s and top because theyve played more league games than those around them and by the skin of their teeth with half the goal difference.

So if we have shown nothing, they've shown the square root of bugger all, multiplied by fuck all squared.

I remember reading a few weeks ago "Finding Hearts on top of the league is like finding an elephant up a tree, you don't know how it got there but you know it won't be there long":

Comparisons to Leicester are nonsense, it's more like if Rotherham looked likely to win the EPL.

What I do look at is how much better a job Clarke is doing than Steve Gerrard or the Tranny. If he replaced Rodgers I would be worried.

We are not in a position to be dismissing them.

They have took more points than us since Clarke took over and sit above us in the league.

They deserve respect.

They've done very well but I can't see them being a serious contender. Then again, I doubt anyone took Leicester very seriously either.
Playing everyone home and away, versus playing them twice home and away is a different animal. If you look at Leicester that year, by mid-January, they had played most of their tough games. The better teams needed to come to them and their away games were against lower level opposition. A great accomplishment, but it was almost like they snuck through Christmas and had the easiest fixture list remaining.

Killie would still have away games against us and them, as well as trips to Edinburgh and you'd assume Aberdeen after Christmas. If they were still leading after some of those tough away games in January, then you'd need to pay attention. That's almost 10 games away.

I like how some people just assume they will get hammered on Saturday. Rogers has NEVER beaten Clarke. That’s not to say he won’t on Saturday but to simply dismiss them out of hand is ridiculous

Kilmarnock have faced Celtic four times since Clarke’s installation, winning twice and drawing the other two.

Celtic have it all to prove in this particular fixture, not the other way around.

Worth noting they have one fit cb for Saturday.
They'll be comfortable top 6 and probably top 4, but there's no chance they'll sustain a title challenge.

Second, most games played, top goals scored, best goal difference, pumped first 3-1(OG) this season , game in hand to go first. beaten 1-0 at worst in the league.
Killie, eh, shite, scraping the barrel and 1-0s and top because theyve played more league games than those around them and by the skin of their teeth with half the goal difference.

So if we have shown nothing, they've shown the square root of bugger all, multiplied by fuck all squared.

Points win leagues. Since Clarke took over they've got more than us, and have beaten Celtic more times than we've managed in about 14 attempts. We've got absolutely no right to dismiss them.

Every team should be taken seriously and considered a real threat,Our attitude and approach was all wrong last night we were far to complacent.

Killie deserve praise & Clarke has done an astonishing job all things considered, but finish above Celtic & we will win the league!

No way, their players arent highly paid enough to win the league. How are 3 grand a week players supposed to win a league with teams who have much higher paid players. Dream on Killie.

No way, their players arent highly paid enough to win the league. How are 3 grand a week players supposed to win a league with teams who have much higher paid players. Dream on Killie.

Leicester-City-Premier-League-title-2015-16.jpg

Seeing as we keep shitting the bed (even with a bigger squad) i'd say they've as much chance as us.

On Sunday we went top and despite games in hand you'd have thought we'd have won it.

Kilmarnock are currently top and as we have known over the years points on the board are much much much better than games in hand.

Looking at their form since Clarke took over they are certainly not a diddy mob. (think they are only 3 points behind Celtic in a time scale table? Read that somewhere or something to that effect) They have a young squad with a good amount of experience in there too (more championships than us?)

They play Celtic away this weekend and coming away with a point or 3 would really show they are in this race. Never really considered them as contenders yet this season as they have seemed to have just plodded along and I assumed their purple patch from the end of last year was over.

No Celtic will steam roll them 2 or 3 nil

I take their manager seriously, he’s well above Killie’s level.

Their squad still isn’t good enough though.

Absolutely it is. Personally I don't think they could be champs but I'm taking them serious enough as a team that could help wreck our chances of first or second spot.
I'm sure a lot on here not taking them seriously were saying we'd pump Aberdeen last night

I honestly believe that if Rangers and Celtic didn't have European football then we'd both be clear at the top of the league right now.

They play to a system, and don't wander away from that, and it makes them difficult to beat. However, it's a long season and they have a limited pool of players. They will be in the top six, but I think winning the title is not on the agenda.

At the same time, we are chopping and changing our systems and formats. Once we get settled we will forge ahead.

There's not a hope in hell they will win the league. I'm sure even the most die hard killie fan would admit that.

They're having a fantastic season though.

Back