Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

There are 4 of us taking flying out on Wednesday

EDI / LUTON / BASEL / VIENNA

Tickets in sekor 8, 3, 2,

Are we thinking colours in the home end needing to be covered up or bears all over to make it safe enough?
Earlier poster in this thread who is a local Rapid fan said Sektors 2-8, should be ok for colours. Certainly 6 and 7 will be ;)

If we do venture there the tricolour rag on the ceiling in the photo of the pub will last about 30 seconds.

I remember being in The Auld Alliance pub in Paris before we played PSG. They had a wee plaque for every Scottish team on the wall, then there was a gap where a certain teams plaque no longer resided.

Last edited:
I have a category C ticket apparently. Which means Sectors 2-5 or the corners at the other end of the ground. Will see how that all is when I get there. Hoping for Sector 5, preparing for their corner!

How many day flights are Thomas Cook doing?
Two?
Looks like it although heard at first there were 3.
We are on first flight at 6.05 am :eek:
Plenty of drinking time in Vienna. :)

Edit....talking pish. We are on day trip 2 so must be 2nd flight.
First flight must be feckin early :eek:

Last edited:
There are 4 of us taking flying out on Wednesday

EDI / LUTON / BASEL / VIENNA

Tickets in sekor 8, 3, 2,

Are we thinking colours in the home end needing to be covered up or bears all over to make it safe enough?

Don't understand why people feel the need to wear colours in the home end. I would be annoyed turning up at Ibrox to find a group of people sitting near me with Rapid / Villarreal / Spartak tops on

Are all the official flights flying from Glasgow? I know the Sport Option ones are split between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Don't understand why people feel the need to wear colours in the home end. I would be annoyed turning up at Ibrox to find a group of people sitting near me with Rapid / Villarreal / Spartak tops on

If I was in the home end I would be trying to keep a low profile, wearing colours could easily stop you getting in to the ground in the first place.

If I was in the home end I would be trying to keep a low profile, wearing colours could easily stop you getting in to the ground in the first place.
In Maribor , went a wander into their club shop off the square , rangers boys buying home end tickets (many of them had colours on) was very surprised they got sold them

Personally wouldn’t think of going in the home end wearing colours , asking for trouble ....this ain’t the rugby!

Why would you be annoyed?

In Maribor , went a wander into their club shop off the square , rangers boys buying home end tickets (many of them had colours on) was very surprised they got sold them

Personally wouldn’t think of going in the home end wearing colours , asking for trouble ....this ain’t the rugby!
Some places keep a separate section for away fans so not a problem. Others let you in the away end if it isn't busy. We were in the home end in Maribor with colours on and sat with the rangers fans in the premium seats. It depends what section of the home fans you are in. I had been to Maribor first time round so knew roughly what to expect and I wouldn't have went in among their dafties

Day Trip 1 - 6am departure.

Guessing I’ll check in about 4.30am ish, so leave Aberdeen around 1.45/2am :(

Back