It's been said before - stop the clock

gordon_blue

The only way to prevent time wasting like we saw last night is to stop the clock when the ball goes out of play. The goalie can take as long as he wants but it will have no effect on the playing time.

And we can get the right amount of time when there are injuries or players taking ages to off when substituted.

Fans pay to watch football - not the nonsense we witnessed last night.

Nothing boiled my piss more than when the Aberdeen defender went down with a cut head on 75 mins.

On RTV, the camera showed the physio wiping his chin and lips gently for about 40 seconds, clearly just wasting time.

I agree, timewasting can be a really serious issue in certain games. It should 90 minutes of play, not 55-60.

The other thing is it would help on goal spot betting. For example, the other night I had a bet at half-time on the Palace game at Brighton. I went a goal before the 80th minute. They got a penalty in the 80th minute but by the time the ref booked the Brighton player and the kick was taken, I was about 12 secs too late.

There’s nothing worse than having a bet on like that and players going down, wasting time, etc.

I agree.

There was talk of 60 minutes on the clock which stops everytime play stops. So throw ins, corners, goalkicks etc. The clock will stop and restart.

It instantly kills timewasting stone dead.

I agree.

There was talk of 60 minutes on the clock which stops everytime play stops. So throw ins, corners, goalkicks etc. The clock will stop and restart.

It instantly kills timewasting stone dead.
They are professional athletes. It should be 90 mins, with the clock stopping.

The only way to prevent time wasting like we saw last night is to stop the clock when the ball goes out of play. The goalie can take as long as he wants but it will have no effect on the playing time.

And we can get the right amount of time when there are injuries or players taking ages to off when substituted.

It's done subtly now, free kick wrong place, '' oh sorry ref I'll move it back '' walks, Keeper gazes up the field wondering where to kick it then appears to take it quickly when in fact he's pissed about for half a minute, and those half minutes add up, If we can see it the ref's must be able to see it

Last year at Pittodrie when we were a goal up with 10 men, Collum ran about 50 yards on two separate occasions to scream at Foderingham and tell him to get a move on.

Teams trying to hold out for a draw or win against us don’t seem to have that courtesy applied to them.

We could have played for hours last night and not scored, but it’s still just another example of us being refereed to a different standard.

Ive said for years - goal kicks should be taken from the pen spot. stops this walking side to side crap
I’ve never heard or though if that idea before but it is a very good shout.

The number of times you see an opposition goalkeeper see the ball go out on the left of his goal and he then ambles of to the right to take the kick and wind down another 30 seconds in doing so.

It's done subtly now, free kick wrong place, '' oh sorry ref I'll move it back '' walks, Keeper gazes up the field wondering where to kick it then appears to take it quickly when in fact he's pissed about for half a minute, and those half minutes add up, If we can see it the ref's must be able to see it

Definitely. It’s becoming as much of a poison in the game as diving.

I don’t mind these wee diddy teams parking the bus or trying to turn games into absolute scraps, but many of them come to Ibrox to waste time from the first kick of the ball and the referees let them away with it.

If we somehow manage to find ourselves a goal up late in the game on the 29th, just watch how the referee reacts then. I suspect you’ll see Rangers players booked and every single second of stoppage plus more added on.

I don’t mind these wee diddy teams parking the bus or trying to turn games into absolute scraps, but many of them come to Ibrox to waste time from the first kick of the ball and the referees let them away with it.

If we somehow manage to find ourselves a goal up late in the game on the 29th, just watch how the referee reacts then. I suspect you’ll see Rangers players booked and every single second of stoppage plus more added on.
The game would probably be rearranged to the next date they have their full squad available.

At kick off, the ball went out for an Aberdeen throw in, so maybe 30 seconds on the clock. The Aberdeen player stopped to pull up his socks after he retrieved the ball.

They did this continually throughuot the game.

It is up to us to force the pace and do everything at speed to try and nullify this as much as we can.

Totally agree with stopping the clock idea, also agree with the goal kick idea from the penalty spot.

My pubes could have turned grey and we wouldn't have scored. Last night simply wasn't our night.

Not too downbeat because we are still in this race. We need to regroup and finish this month on a high. We then need to bring in a couple of players of genuine quality in January.

I agree.

There were close to 3 mins of stoppage to 'treat' McKenna but the ref added just 4 mins total. He also blew for time just before the 4 mins were up. I reckon he was relieved when the game was over and he couldn't be accused of helping the 'huns'.

Nope.
Going to end up like managing the clock over here which will lead to VAR which will lead to OT for league games followed by a shootout etc etc.
What we have in fitba is fantastic and that’s why the yanks are fascinated and because they’re yanks want to Americanize it.
Read an article about the yank that owned Villa bleating about relegation and how the EPL should be franchised. With the way the CL is heading we need to resist change to OUR game.
Rant over for now.

Nothing boiled my piss more than when the Aberdeen defender went down with a cut head on 75 mins.

On RTV, the camera showed the physio wiping his chin and lips gently for about 40 seconds, clearly just wasting time.
Drew Blood, according to the BBC.

I read pretty recently that a time clock is high up on FIFA’s “new rules” agenda.
A great idea, in my opinion.
I can see no negatives in it.

Allan McGregor is the master at this. Watch him against Vienna if we take the lead. He is brilliant at it, runs to get ball then it hits off his toe by accident, leaning over hoarding can't reach ball etc. Kid on quick one and going after ball when ball boy throwing other ball on.
I love it when he does it so need to accept others will do the same

Drew Blood, according to the BBC.

Yes he was bleeding. But the physio finished cleaning him up in about a minute. He then proceeded to waste time and pretend that he was still treating the wound. Cameras were zoomed in and showed him wiping away nothing around his lips and chin

Yes he was bleeding. But the physio finished cleaning him up in about a minute. He then proceeded to waste time and pretend that he was still treating the wound. Cameras were zoomed in and showed him wiping away nothing around his lips and chin
Also, he was up and walking to the side, then decided he couldn't make it and stopped for a sit down!

Back