Lewis Ferguson - future Ranger ?

TexMexBear

What we all think of young Lewis?
Must sicken his dad & uncle that he's turning out for that shower of shite, with the songs they sing of Durrant, Derek's best mate in their playing days.
Nowhere near the finished article, but appears to be a tough kid with a better (or more professional?) attitude than his old man. Really gets stuck in & relishes the battle. Quite impressive for a teenager and grabbed a couple of important goals already, unfortunately.
Could he be an Iain Ferguson type signing for Rangers?
Sheep would be a nightmare to deal with, but I reckon IF SG thought he was good enough, we'd take him & he'd walk down the road to join his boyhood team. Thoughts bears?

Watching that Aberdeen team how can you tell if any of them have ability. Without sounding dramatic, I’m struggling to think of a worse footballing team.
Motherwell:eek:

Let the lad get experience at the sheep and take him in another couple of years if he develops , even at this early stage in his career he can handle himself.

Hard to tell as the only time I've seen him is against us so going on that id say no as he comes across more a dirty aggressive player than a skilfully one

We need better than we have now not worse. I'm just hoping we can hang on in there till January.

The most important thing is beating the mhanks. If we can't beat them we won't win the league. That would close the gap (ie their game in hand).

Not being able to beat the sheep will lose us the league too unless SG can get them up for it next time(s).

What part is unclear?

You picked out a player who has stood out against us in two games for various reasons and are saying that this is only because of his surname.

You then asked if we see threads about every midfielder who plays against Rangers.
I said that we don’t, but I don’t understand your point.

I was clearly inferring that the reason we are taking about him is because he performed well against us.
You’re saying it’s because he’s called Ferguson.

You picked out a player who has stood out against us in two games for various reasons and are saying that this is only because of his surname.

You then asked if we see threads about every midfielder who plays against Rangers.

I was clearly inferring that the reason we are taking about him is because he performed well against us.

My point is that he is another SPL youngster who stood out, primarily due to his surname.

He certainly hasn’t lit these matches up to the point we should have regular threads on him.

Hard to tell as the only time I've seen him is against us so going on that id say no as he comes across more a dirty aggressive player than a skilfully one
I don't think a signing of that type if player would go amiss to be honest. Sometimes we need someone exactly like that for certain games.

Anybody saying his technique is questionable should see his goal against Burnley, an absolute peach. Been keeping tabs on him since he came through the ranks at Hamilton, when he scored that goal is when he truly got noticed

would be daft not to keep an eye on him but no idea if he can play other than running around being physical and spoiling things. I’ve heard his old man and uncle describe how his attitude is first class.

Strong, aggressive and can score important goals too, as we've found out to our cost.

Thought he was excellent the other night, but has got a fair bit to go yet before he'd be a regular starter in our team, as he still lacks consistency.

Worth keeping an eye on though and you don't get much of a better midfield pedigree than his dad and uncle.

Looks very decent. Would love him to run down his contract and join us for free. Unfortunately at 19 he’ll be on rubbish money so that won’t happen.

He was the dirtiest wee toe rag on the park on Wednesday night. He kicked, pushed and pulled everyone he went near. And whined when anyone breathed on him. How Morelos got his first booking for persistent fouling yet Ferguson didn’t is beyond me. Based on his behaviour on Wednesday, no thanks.

Guy I'm at college with done an interview with him for his blog thing. Said he's quite bitter about us letting him go. "I'll show them" attitude.

Thought he was good against us & I've been impressed most times when I've seen him.

However he has largely stuck out due to his physicality & power which is quite impressive for someone at 19.

He looks ok technically but haven't really seen that side of his game apart from that goal vs Burnley. To play in the position he does, you need to be good technically to succeed with us as you face packed defences every week.

He was the dirtiest wee toe rag on the park on Wednesday night. He kicked, pushed and pulled everyone he went near. And whined when anyone breathed on him. How Morelos got his first booking for persistent fouling yet Ferguson didn’t is beyond me. Based on his behaviour on Wednesday, no thanks.
I said to my mate the other night that it didn’t take him long to become an Aberdeen player.

Totally different style of player from his Dad and Uncle. He is a physical player I did not note any great craft. Unless more skill comes out I am not sure if he would be suitable for us .How However the way Aberdeen play they don't encourage skillful players.

To be honest, I barely noticed him versus us other than his goal at Hampden. My mate seems to be obsessed about signing him and Shinnie. Personally I don’t see it with either option.

Sounds exactly like the way John Brown used to be against us.

He's playing to win for his team and getting tore in.

What do you expect from him?

He hasn’t stood out at all v us. He’s done nothing in open play. Only thing of note a header from a set piece.

All he did the other night wasn’t push and barge (and get away with it)

Difficult to say anything about his ability, I've watched him 3 times this season and in those games his work rate and other physical stuff was very much to the fore.

I'm struggling to think of any open play passes or dribbling, but in closing down and being horrible he's looked ok.

At this point in time I'd say no.

He hasn’t stood out at all v us. He’s done nothing in open play. Only thing of note a header from a set piece.

Whilst I agree he hasn’t stood out in terms of ability & technique, he was willing to get stuck in & impose himself.

The combined contribution of Jack, Ejaria & Coulibaly on Wednesday in terms of ability or getting stuck in? Next to nothing. 3 water carriers.

The poor wee lamb that Lustig terrorised?

If he had a blue jersey on during wednesdays game and pulled the same shite he did - he’d be sent off

Scumbag behaviour

With his family being bears, if we were interested, he should let his contract run until we get him on a bosman.

Folk on here quite correctly at some points complain about Morelos and his stupid sendings off , this boy would be off every week playing the way he does if he had a blue strip on. As for comparison between him and John Brown, that was the 1980’s football has moved on.

I think the boy is a player however could we raid the English leagues and get better (probably on loan) yes is my answer ,but he knows what’s required In Scottish football ,not afraid to get stuck in and never hides ,can you say the same about most of our team the other night ?

We got severely bullied by Dolly ,they showed (whether the football was shit or not) who’s boss ,they bossed us ,we shat the bed .

He can compete due to his size. But all I seen from him the other night was that he is pretty good at fouling. If Rangers let him go due to a lack of ability, I can see why. But the question is when was he let go? Under Jimmy Sinclair or later?

And even when he scored in the cup semi, Goldson allowed himself to be fouled by letting Ferguson keep him on the floor by putting his hands on his head to climb.

A good referee other than Beaton would've spotted this and blew up for a foul.

Isn’t this the same thoughts people had about Docherty last year? Both looked promising at Hamilton. Ferguson went to Aberdeen and Docherty came to Rangers. Levels.

Docherty might still need some seasoning out on loan but I’d much rather develop him than deal with Aberdeen for a player who isn’t better than what we already have.

He looks quite ordinary to me at the moment but he is still only 19 and worth keeping an eye on.

Back