Bill Young claiming Jordan Jones to Gers

Made up crap about a bang average player. No way Gerrard sees Jordan Jones as the way forward for Rangers. No way.
Even if it was true Kilmarnock would want way over the odds for him especially from Rangers .
No way.

We really don’t need another winger.

Two central midfield players is what’s needed at this rate.

Not right now we don't but Kent is away again come the summer so he will need replaced. Not saying I'd choose Jones but we will need someone.

Another wide man who doesn’t score. Playing 433 with guys like Candeias and Jones is far too over reliant on Morelos (if he’s even still here).

Does this mean it's not happening...?

Suppose if Kent's away back to Liverpool in the summer, we'll be looking for another winger. I'd be expecting better quality than Jordan Jones though.
I agree. Kent is only here till the summer so I can see a pre contact here.

Is he any better than the wide players we’ve got?

Basically, that's what comes down to.

Knowing that Kent's loan will expire in the summer, the real question is - would signing Jones represent an upgrade on Eros, Middleton, or Murphy? Or, another way to look at it, are there better players than Jones who would be available given Rangers likely summer transfer budget?

To be honest, other than the odd youtube video, I haven't seen enough of Jones to offer a meaningful opinion one way or the other.

Never gets a kick against Tav and is usually substituted against us after doing %^*& all.

Not an area of priority for us and Jones certainly doesn't improve our wide options.

It's not the position we need strengthened as we need another striker and creative midfielder.

Story goes Jones has attended our recent European games as guest of club

Him & Glenn Kamara of Dundee

Both bosman targets & may look to do January deal if can sign them up

Blogged it on Nov 17th

As I said just a story but there it is anyway
Not good enough for a first team upgrade. We need better than both.

Blogged it on Nov 17th

If we are to move forward we need better quality than either.

No

Even just assessing him as a player, no

We need our wide players capable of coming in field, taking a ball with their back to goal, taking the ball on the half turn and bringing others into play.

We already have "wide" players who simply stick to the flank, it doesn't suit our game plan.

Had a big Killie fan where I used to work and Jones never ever impressed him. Said he might just be good enouh for a decent Killie side but definitely not Rangers material.

Agree, without the necessary quality in middle of the park we as a club ain't moving forward. Imperative this is addressed asap, more so than a winger who is bang average at best.

I've been impressed with Jones on a few occasions, however as with all these types of players, the only concern is how they adjust their game to playing for us against teams who double up on him and park the bus.

We do not need wide men as midfield can't play them in often enough. Centre midfield needs attention too many backward square ball playing players in there .
Agree. We rarely attack or build through the middle. We are always forced wide to hit hopeful crosses to a strike force bereft of aerial prowess. We need more movement in midfield working triangles and threatening from more central positions. If we can afford JJ fine but I would say the priority should be in midfield then a striker.

People do understand that if this is true and he is seen as a decent bosman, it does not mean we will not sign a midfielder.....

The number of 'Not the position we need to strengthen' and 'We need a midfielder, not a winger' posts is laughable :D Like signing Jones, for free, would mean we cannot bring in anyone else.

Its central and attacking mid that need upgraded.

Dowell will prob fill the creative role I suppose. Big ask for him to be expected to be that man however right away. I'd be asking for an 18 month loan for a guy with his talent. Same goes for Solanke

Its central and attacking mid that need upgraded.

Dowell will prob fill the creative role I suppose. Big ask for him to be expected to be that man however right away. I'd be asking for an 18 month loan for a guy with his talent. Same goes for Solanke

Why would Jones on a free mean those areas are not addressed?

I mean for January. There's far bigger priorities

Jones can be put on back burner if its at all true, which with it being Bill Young, won't be.

fair enough. Why would Jones in January mean no midfielder in January? The board seem to be very willing to give their man what he needs. Sometimes (and not saying this is the case with Jones) you need to make a move at the right time.

To be fair, from what i've seen of Jones he has the skill to beat a man from a standing start and get to the byline.

It's not as if he's only able to play on the counter attack.

Sensible signing that's great at this level and potentially can improve as he is getting better all the time.

I’m baffled on this so went to look on the posts I’ve made & the thread must have been chopped

The post you referred too, I said the following iirc

‘I can see that happening 100%’

Just my opinion, like everyone else’

So I was just giving my opinion on it & still think it’s reasonable to say that

I haven’t stated anything else on it blog wise etc, infact in Summer folk were trashing the blog because we stood firm on it

As for Jones, the story has been doing rounds for a while & as I said above & posted mate it’s not my story but did include it in the rumour blog

I’ve heard that story for weeks but as I said, no idea on how true etc

I'm a huge fan of your posts, and urge you to continue with the updates. You are, however, an absolute master of sitting on the fence with regards to the validity of your info haha

fair enough. Why would Jones in January mean no midfielder in January? The board seem to be very willing to give their man what he needs. Sometimes (and not saying this is the case with Jones) you need to make a move at the right time.

I still think we will sign 2, maybe 3 in Jan.
Jones on a bosman would make sense if there's no chance of signing the likes of Kent. I'd like to think we'd at least try do a deal with LFC

I'd be happy if this is true, and for the money I'd also take a punt on the guy Shankland from Ayr. Peanuts in this day and age and if they don't work out we'd easily get our money back.

Jones plays left midfield as often as left winger. That could e.g. create a 4-3-3 left-side containing Barisic-Jones-Middleton. Not too bad.

Getting him for next to nothing and see whether he can rise to the challenge is a "risk" worth taking. It would not exclude signing one or two creative MF chaps either.

IMHO, Davis on e.g. a 6-months loan (when his contracts runs out) should be on the agenda too. Maybe a look at Dowell of Everton too.

Kamara ... can't tell. We've got Jack and McCrorie for his position, plus Rossiter and Coulibaly. The latter will be off next summer, Kamara's (23) deal with Dundee ends too. So both Jones and Kamara are young and not too expansive ... and, after all, if SG decides they are worth it, who are we to question that?

Genuinely have no idea why people still share this guys stuff. It's all nonsense. He knows the square route of %^*& all.

People keep going on about Davis, I see nothing from us or Southampton where this is even possible.

I do know that we will struggle to win anything while our mid 3 are Jack, Ejaria and Coulibaly.

Blogged it on Nov 17th

That could have been condensed to "I knew before you"

Another Michael o hallaran. Good running into space, awful up against 11 men behind the ball.

Wouldn't cut it in 90% of our domestic games

Agreed.

We actually need inside forwards / wide men with the ability to wriggle past their opponents.

Murphy and Grezda look more useful to us in that role.

Back