Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

I always try and look at the positives but f**k me Rangers you don't half make it difficult sometimes!

I'm a glass empty Bear so like a good moan - today's performance means I can rant & rave till my heart's content.;):mad:

On a more serious note that was bloody terrible today, as poor as I have seen in 40 odd years. Gone from thoughts of 55 this time last week to making up the numbers today - ah well there is always next season.:rolleyes::oops:

today was a pish poor performance, nobody willing to create a threat. i can handle 10 men vs Villa Real was a challenge, but FFS! Dundee? Do we rely on Morelos that much? i like him as a player but he shows no respect for the club! i think he's gonna cost us the league.

Ryan Jack is a defensive midfielder, he wins/retains the ball then passes it to a creative player. The issue is we have have no creative players

I think Gerrard got his substitutes massively wrong today. We had no cutting edge and no one passing forward when rossiter went off. Unless he was injured I think he blinked to early with swapping out Kent. Midfield went back to square passes second half and our wide players were horrific today.
Why was there no second striker put into the mix?
I don't care if it is a youth.
If they are at Rangers they should be good enough to step in.

That's the problem. Most of them know there position is safe and can turn in performances that wouldn't even be good enough in the juniors.

I mean players getting paid what they are and can't take a first touch, or can't complete a 10 yard pass, disgraceful.

Agree entirely - or don't blooter the ball into touch when under no pressure at all !

Pathetic performance today.

F..ckin disgraceful...

All this talk of us winning the league and 55 is absolute sh!te..we are still miles off and we aint winning anything soon. Our absolute inability to cross a fu..ckin ball is seriously grating on me and the lack of drive or forward thinking is non existent as well as the defence being howlin. What the f..ck was Goldson doing? You would see that kind of defending at Amateur level..

Why the f..ck are we playing both Jack & Rossiter? They do the exact same job which is passing the ball sideways and backwards; Rossiter offers absolutely he haw...

Not one player wants to try something different or take a man on, its like they are all too scared to lose the ball so take the easy 5 yard pass option..

Gerrard cant do much with the lack of ability of the players but has to take some responsibility with his team selections..

Call it an over reaction if you want but i couldnt honestly give two f..cks..

F..ckin ragin...
If we’re winning FA why are you ragin surely it’s going to pan out that u are correct.

Team confidence is shot. For me, my guess is the coaching is below par. Surely, training should be sorting out how to by pass a parked bus defence? And not only that, it's miserable to watch as well. The European games notched up expectations and now we are going backwards. SG and his staff have a major problem to sort out.

Sherrif can we send Worral "back" early please?
tenor.gif

Errol-Flynn-Laughing-in-Robin-Hood.gif

That should have been 2 of our easiest games in December. And we have taken 1 point from a possible 6.

League's over.

I suppose taking a step back we've only had one transfer window and it's only our first season with Gerrard.

We've seen and heard the good things and witnessed some really really honking things but we can only really judge once we're into this part of his second season.

Just need to hope he's learning some lessons really quickly and not to be repeated next season........changing personnel for no reason being one of my biggest annoyances :mad:

So much emphasis on crossing - but who exactly in this squad is going to head these in? ...... it’s like we play toward our biggest weakness.
Our crossing has been shocking. The ball either doesn't get past the first defender, or it's pinged too far out.

IMO we're going backwards now
Today was exactly like a Warburton performance

All the plus points we had earlier in the season seem to have evaporated

I know we didn't have our 1st choice team selection today - but even allowing for that - our organisation has been blown in recent games - whoever is on the field

The most annoying thing for me is that against dolly on Wednesday & Dundee today - we best ourselves - neither of them were worthy of their results - we pretty much handed it to them

I don't have the answers going forward & obviously hope SG & Gary Mac do - but they surely need to start on the organisation, commitment & developing a 'match savvy' mentality

Regrettably - concentrating on doing the simple things well & efficiently is needed before we go on to the more elaborate stuff right now

Just %^*& off with this kind of stuff. It's pathetic.
And you don't think the rest of the game in Scotland aren't having an absolute laugh at the famous Glasgow Rangers not being able to beat a team trawling the bottom of the league and reduced to 10 men,

This exactly. Jack is definitely NOT the problem. A lot on here saying he should have been playing more forward passes, but he can only do that if he has the movement ahead of him.
And today he did play more forward passes.

Worth noting that his first challenge, he was booked for fućk all, and somehow with 3 players going in on him, the ref contrived to give a foul against him. Not saying either of these changed the outcome, but he is most definitely reffed to a different standard.

That should have been 2 of our easiest games in December. And we have taken 1 point from a possible 6.

League's over.
It is not over.
But you don't win leagues losing points so easily.
We need to find another striker and we need another attacking midfield player.
There isn't enough goals in that side and by that I mean we have too many players with no goal threat at all.

I think it’s time to start playing 2 up top , currently not enough support for central striker

Only positives today were that Kent and barasic are back in the fold

Our defence was okay until our management had to ruin it with Worrall. Why break up a working partnership? And worse, why break up a working partnership for a loanee?
Said earlier in the thread this was point when things went tits up why was this partnership broken up ?????

What the fůck is that moron Boyd going on about Rossiter having had chance after chance.

Agree entirely - or don't blooter the ball into touch when under no pressure at all !

Pathetic performance today.

You talking about Worral near the end of the game? What the %^*& was that all about he had plenty of time to bring the ball down and pick a pass.

Average players are going to be inconsistent, not only game-to-game but within games. That's the reality.

What about our attitude at Tynecastle?
Maybe "attitude" infers too much. Perhaps "mindset" is better. Overcautious, where ball possession overides everything. We walk the ball, and I mean walk, around the middle with nothing in mind except keeping it. It's aimless and pedestrian, so much so it has become totally predictable for oponents and turgid to watch. We don't do it particularly well either with most passes telegraphed.
We make ourselves easy to play against.
Better teams than us have struggled with a ten man block, so sometimes you have to get down to basics and try something else.
We don't seem to have the desire to run at defences and force a mistake, for instance. The one time we did, oponent sent off, goal from the free kick. Did we try it again, no? Not once.
Back to what has failed before and will probably fail again.
Exclusively and predictably sideways backwards, sideways backwards.
Sometimes it needs to be varied, it would seem that's not in the game plan.

And you don't think the rest of the game in Scotland aren't having an absolute laugh at the famous Glasgow Rangers not being able to beat a team trawling the bottom of the league and reduced to 10 men,

I don’t really care. We’re 2nd and have a big game in Europe on Thursday.

You called us the joke of Scottish football. Listen to yourself.

The midfield was a patch up this season, Arfield was missed, what happened to playing with freedom or is that only in Europe when we have space?
Indeed we are better in Europe because we have space to play.
However, against packed defences in Scotland, you need goal threats from different areas of the park, because if you don't have that, then teams defending can shut down your few dangerous alternatives.
Midfield players especially have to have a goal in them.
Jack, Ejaria, Coulibaly even Grezda, Candeias and Kent simply don't pose enough of a goal threat,

It is not over.
But you don't win leagues losing points so easily.
We need to find another striker and we need another attacking midfield player.
There isn't enough goals in that side and by that I mean we have too many players with no goal threat at all.
You're right, it's not over. We are only at worst 5 behind which isn't a massive gap.

Problem is we aren't good or consistent enough to win enough games.

To misquote Sir Winston Churchill.
Never before in the History of Glagow Rangers
Have so many been betrayed
By so few.

That performance showed us up for what we are, a squad of miss fits, with no idea what it means to play for Rangers. We will do well to recover some pride after that showing.

It has been said many times on here that, defensively, the changing of the centre backs is the cause of the problem. We were doing just fine with Goldson and Katic (Right and Left footed ? ) and, after Worral is brought in, SG starts to tinker and that is where it has gone wrong. It has been said here and elsewhere the most important thing in a team is solidity of the back 2. Since that time we have seen any number of variations which has seen Goldson (right footed) deployed as left centre back where he is obviously uncomfortable. McAuley (spelling sorry) hasn't to me been that great and IMO should be a substitute only going forward from here whilst again IMO Worral needs to be given a train ticket ASAP.
Up front we are pretty toothless without Alfredo but SG needs to coax / coach out the nasty side of his game because, at the end of the day, he is a wonderful talent. I don't think KL is what we need and he also has a certain discipline problem. We really should be looking to introduce Mbude and Dallas and I hope we may see one or other or both in the 18 some time soon.
Sorry this is negative but just so gutted about Wednesday and now today !
We need to revert Goldson and Katic to steady the ship or we might sink to use that euphemism ?
WATP

Last edited:
Indeed we are better in Europe because we have space to play.
However, against packed defences in Scotland, you need goal threats from different areas of the park, because if you don't have that, then teams defending can shut down your few dangerous alternatives.
Midfield players especially have to have a goal in them.
Jack, Ejaria, Coulibaly even Grezda, Candeias and Kent simply don't pose enough of a goal threat,
Exactly, take it to an extreme but if you look at Advocaat’s team, Albertz, V Bronckhorst, Ferguson, Reyna, all goalscorers.

Another point gained on the way to 55. Tims have dropped points to Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, Hearts and Kilmarnock and will do so again, starting at hibs next week.
Only 2 points behind, keep that gap until the 29th and I can see us top of the league by the 1st of January if not sooner.

Can I have what you are on. They beat Aberdeen we didnt also Kilmarnock.

We need to settle down. At the start of the season we would have settled for second place and being closer in points to them. We forget that this is a new team and it’s a learning process. We will get times like this and the players need to react to this. My only criticism of Gerrard is that he needs to pick his strongest team and stick to it. Too many changes and I am not convinced a professional footballer can’t play three games a week without a rest. If you’re playing well you should be confident of keeping your place. As a manager he shouldn’t be worried about squad players unhappy at not being played if the team is playing well, Souness and Smith would have laughed at that.
All we can do from the sidelines is hope we get a positive reaction in the remaining games before the break.
Next up Rapid which we hope is a turning point. WATP.

Watching that game today and the shambles against aberdeen, compare it to how we played at home to maribor and vienna and it shows you how far we have dropped in performance. Im afraid to say and i hope i am wrong but we have no chance of winning the league this season.

If these loan players can’t perform up here in this shitty league then they can go back to there parent club as they will never make it, they have an opportunity to play in front of the greatest fans and wonderful club and they are out of there depth.

Grow a thicker skin would be my advice. Other supports pick at us for anything and everything. Pointing and laughing at a crap result is waaaaaaaay down on the list of give a f**ks.

lol @ all the wringing panties, yes it was a shite result, yet it wasn't a defeat, we're still 2nd and plenty of time for the management to get things back on track, worrall in particular was gutrot today though, the first thing they should address is the side to side passing bollocks they looked afraid to try go passed players, but i remain confident we'll pull it together again

I'm usually glass half full loyal...but after today it's just sheer deflation.

I'm a glass empty Bear so like a good moan - today's performance means I can rant & rave till my heart's content.;):mad:

On a more serious note that was bloody terrible today, as poor as I have seen in 40 odd years. Gone from thoughts of 55 this time last week to making up the numbers today - ah well there is always next season.:rolleyes::oops:
I’m absolutely fed up of writing off season after season whilst they swan about picking up endless trophies

Back