Impatience is a huge problem with us, and it is getting worse.

It's not the losing, we will lose games, it's the manner of some of our defeats this season because they are so needless and because the team really struggle with the basics of football sometimes. For me, the amount of time we give the ball away is criminal. Unforced errors and poor game management have cost us points as well. We should be 6 to 9 points clear. The fact we are not because we can't do the basics at times boils my piss.

Its true we have to be patient but you can't help being angry about chucking 5 points in a week especially dropping 2 against 10 man Dundee whose players will be on much lower salaries.

Yes, the last two games have been hugely disappointing, it could be we have hit a brick wall, it could be constant changes, it could be a loss of confidence.

Yet we were delighted with our 10 man performance at Tynecastle so it is deeply disappointing to go top of the league then drop 5 points in the last two games.

Could I suggest we were getting carried away, we expect Steven Gerrard an inexperienced manger to completely renovate an entire squad and take us to a league title.

To read this board over the last few days is disconcerting, the fluctuation in mood is amazing. Its as if the entire support needs a session with a physiatrist.

Calm down.
The disappointment is overwhelming because we know we can do much better. We've seen how well we can do in Europe, and in some league matches. SG shares our disappointment. He said the form slump in the last two games has surprised him.
We see posts like the OP often. They have zero impact on the support, and they shouldn't either. We are right to be disappointed. We know we've been poor against Aberdeen and Dundee, it just isn't good enough. Rangers supporters don't accept poor performances. If the team are going to play crap they better expect criticism, the management too. When the team play well, give value for money, that's when everyone calms down. If they don't, or they can't, then they earn themselves a barrage of criticism.

No harm having high expectations and high standards, it’s what the club is built on!
Yesterdays game was not acceptable, basic errors, lack of concentration and poor build up play. All underlined by our captain (yes captain) who thinks beating a man 3 times is as good as once or our CH’s who in the last couple of mins felt square balls was better than moving it forward!
Don’t even get me started about the volume of red and yellow cards!

We need less patience not more
we are sleep walking to another Tim Treble and 10IAR

Expecting a rookie manager with a limited budget, loan signings and the left overs of Pedro WTF's side to mount a title challenge or win is absurd
Those banging the drum for 55 this season might have reality destroy their fantasy but unless their is a significant amount of money to buy better players the self inflicted pain will continue season after season

There isn’t the money, so what do we do?

There isn’t the money, so what do we do?

It is the responsibility of a Rangers Board to provide the funds necessary to allow a Rangers manager to field a team capable of challenging for and winning the League.
Failure to do that will make the Board complicit in ongoing managerial failures- Warburton, Pedro, the chase for McInness- and appointing a rookie manager and somehow expecting a team assembled on the cheap to beat a Celtic team with a 50 million pound advantage!
Without a significant injection of money into the team & Club we do not challenge let alone win the League.

Its the elephant in the room, it ain't going away

I am sorry - I really don't get this attitude some of our fans have. This isn't impatience and to suggest it is is just naive to say the least.

If we had been losing to decent teams then fine. However, we're throwing games away that we don't need to lose. If we'd be losing the euro games then fine, we can't expect to win them all. We lose against Celtic then again, not ideal but fine. We're playing catch-up.

We're throwing away games that we really, really shouldn't be losing. The Aberdeen game was pathetic. To draw against a 10 man Dundee who are propping up the league then that is pathetic.

What is even more pathetic. People looking to make excuses for utterly pathetic performances and make it out like it's because it's a rebuilding exercise. We shouldn't be losing to a rotten Aberdeen team and we shouldn't be throwing points away to a bottom of the league 10 man Dundee team. They're good reason for fans to be annoyed and on the backs of management and players.
Spot on mate, I think its the way we have played when dropping points that's so disheartening

Dropping points against Aberdeen was bad but our inability to break down a 10man Dundee team was embarrassing.

Impatience. Overreaction. Unrealistic expectations etc etc - that’s all I’ve seen posted since. We should’ve absolutely won that game yesterday, fans have every right to start questioning what progress has been made. In isolation, I’d accept the impatience line but the reality is we’re in a much worse place performance wise than we were in September for example.

We are struggling to break teams down and its worrying - I’m starting to worry we’ll be completely out of touch in January

We need less patience not more
we are sleep walking to another Tim Treble and 10IAR

Expecting a rookie manager with a limited budget, loan signings and the left overs of Pedro WTF's side to mount a title challenge or win is absurd
Those banging the drum for 55 this season might have reality destroy their fantasy but unless their is a significant amount of money to buy better players the self inflicted pain will continue season after season
We have a rookie manager but he has a good team with him. We were never going to have anything else but Pedro leftovers and one window to try to change it. We’ve put together a squad who can be inconsistent but are now in a position to add quality rather than rip it up. And start again. But it seems some people will just want to keep ripping it up and starting again but hope for different results. It’s not going to happen. We’ve built a good infrastructure who are building a squad and team who are at a stage anybody would’ve taken going into this season with Murty and the mcinnes shambles. We probably won’t be near winning the league come May but we’ll be in a much better place to start next season than we were this one.

That's Rangers fans for ye we are the greatest team in the world when we are winning and then we play bad or lose sell everycunt. It's times like this you wish there wasn't forums cause some people and their opinions are mental.

We have a rookie manager but he has a good team with him. We were never going to have anything else but Pedro leftovers and one window to try to change it. We’ve put together a squad who can be inconsistent but are now in a position to add quality rather than rip it up. And start again. But it seems some people will just want to keep ripping it up and starting again but hope for different results. It’s not going to happen. We’ve built a good infrastructure who are building a squad and team who are at a stage anybody would’ve taken going into this season with Murty and the mcinnes shambles. We probably won’t be near winning the league come May but we’ll be in a much better place to start next season than we were this one.

we do not have a good team. the majority of the team are no better than squad players.
The only thing that will put us in better place for next season or the season after etc etc is
bringing in much better players, that will require significant money.
There are no shortcuts and no cheap options

Very difficult to break down well organised teams who park every man behind the ball and defend like their lives depended on it.

Ultimately it takes a couple of special players with outstanding movement/vision to play that killer pass or find that inch of space.

We currently lack those players.

I have no doubt that is what our management team will be trying to address in the coming windows.

It's no coincidence our worst displays have been against teams who will celebrate a draw like a title win.

Its that our expectations are too high in comparison to reality, some crack pot fans think we will win every game and run riot not going to happen. They need to accept reality and take every positive thing that has happened and the position we are in.
So do you think my expectations are too high, thinking that we could beat an Aberdeen team that are shit, or a ten man bottom of the league Dundee?

We havent won a major trophy for nearly 8 years - May 2011

For a club with our tradition I think we have been patient beyond any reasonable measure

i think we're a very patient support, maybe not online, but the visible rangers support at Ibrox have been patient over the years

Yes, the last two games have been hugely disappointing, it could be we have hit a brick wall, it could be constant changes, it could be a loss of confidence.

Yet we were delighted with our 10 man performance at Tynecastle so it is deeply disappointing to go top of the league then drop 5 points in the last two games.

Could I suggest we were getting carried away, we expect Steven Gerrard an inexperienced manger to completely renovate an entire squad and take us to a league title.

To read this board over the last few days is disconcerting, the fluctuation in mood is amazing. Its as if the entire support needs a session with a physiatrist.

Calm down.

it won't EVER be impatient to want us to beat 10 man dundee

ever

I am sorry - I really don't get this attitude some of our fans have. This isn't impatience and to suggest it is is just naive to say the least.

If we had been losing to decent teams then fine. However, we're throwing games away that we don't need to lose. If we'd be losing the euro games then fine, we can't expect to win them all. We lose against Celtic then again, not ideal but fine. We're playing catch-up.

We're throwing away games that we really, really shouldn't be losing. The Aberdeen game was pathetic. To draw against a 10 man Dundee who are propping up the league then that is pathetic.

What is even more pathetic. People looking to make excuses for utterly pathetic performances and make it out like it's because it's a rebuilding exercise. We shouldn't be losing to a rotten Aberdeen team and we shouldn't be throwing points away to a bottom of the league 10 man Dundee team. They're good reason for fans to be annoyed and on the backs of management and players.

We shouldn’t but guess what? Shit happens.

After one full season under Steven Gerrard, with clear progress visibly being made on and off the pitch ..... This coming Summer transfer window, IMHO would always be the one to see us really move forward.
As expected, he's finding his feet, making mistakes and identifying the wheat from the chaff.
I think he'll be ruthless.
I think with a full season under his belt, things will be very clear and he will have already chased a load of wasters from the club.
He clearly loves being Rangers manager, inferior characters are on borrowed time

Calm down.
Great post and my thoughts exactly.

It is the responsibility of a Rangers Board to provide the funds necessary to allow a Rangers manager to field a team capable of challenging for and winning the League.
Failure to do that will make the Board complicit in ongoing managerial failures- Warburton, Pedro, the chase for McInness- and appointing a rookie manager and somehow expecting a team assembled on the cheap to beat a Celtic team with a 50 million pound advantage!
Without a significant injection of money into the team & Club we do not challenge let alone win the League.

Agreed, but the money isn’t there.

So what do we do?

Calm down.
Impatient? Mmmm. Why might that be?

we do not have a good team. the majority of the team are no better than squad players.
The only thing that will put us in better place for next season or the season after etc etc is
We were talking about winning the league and qualifying from the groups last week. We have the makings of a decent but inconsistent team that needs money spent on quality who can turn draws into wins with a bit of magic and/or who can grab the team and drag it through games where nothing seems to be working and all the opposition wants to do is stop us playing and frustrate our fans. Because as much as we talk about our fans being another man, opposing teams know that if they stop the team playing and frustrate the fans they effectively turn our fans into their 12th man and make us a ten man team who are nervous and argumentative with each other.

That was an insightful and relevant post at the time and it's even more relevant right now!

Perhaps we're just a predictable bunch with a propensity for lacking patience and putting unrealistic demands within improbable time frames.

Whatever it is, we all knew it would come along at some point this season.

We are definitely guilty of getting carried away after a few wins. All talk of 55 should be banned until we're actually competing at the business end come May.

The reality is we're a young and inexperienced team, the inconsistency is proving as such. We need a few major upgrades right through the team, and have to get beating the diddy teams regularly before we can think about toppling Celtic.

Calm down.

Correct.

There’s a lot of spoiled man-children in our support and, with some of them at least, you’d think the last seven years hadn’t happened.

We’re up against a mentally challenged side outspending three Premier League teams in terms of wages and people think Gerrard should be winning the league with his relatively modest outlay.

It’s bonkers. Clear second and progress in the Europa is a huge step forward for us, you could even argue the European work done means we’re ahead of schedule.

The tranny-'man' has had summit like 17 transfer windows, our SG has had the one transfer window whilst shifting lots of players out at the same time.
As a support we've Always Been impatient but I for one reckon that we will be a Lot better come Summer and it's transfer window.
Someone ought to tell they old folks on RangersRadio this fact as last evening all they did was complain and it was mostly about the defence too, hardly a word about as to how poor we were middle to front, strange that ?
We'll be stopping the smellie's 9 let alone any 10..... :D

I just assumed board had and have big plans as surely they can't believe we don't need external investment..

Agreed, but the money isn’t there.

So what do we do?

If the Board are not aware of the need to raise a significant amount money -I'd suggest a 30-50 million figure- then they are not fit for the purpose.
King & the 3B's have done a fantastic job in saving the club from the Spivs and that should never be forgotten.
Its time to fund the Rangers manager properly, it's the job of the Board to find and provide that funding

I just assumed board had and have big plans as surely they can't believe we don't need external investment..

I have enough respect for King etc to believe so. the quality we need to win the League will not be cheap.
That's the Boards job, there are no cheap options, it will take money, lots of it, and they will not stand by while we re invest in quailty

Calm down.

Football, and being a passionate fan, is 1% rational against 99% emotional. The roller coaster of thoughts and opinions based on the last games' result/performance will always be there.
I've tried to be rational over the last 24hrs and evaluate yesterday and the season thus far. I've come to one depressing and sobering conclusion. If Rodgers remains there for the next 3yrs or so they will achieve 10 in a row.

These aren't solutions mate, it's not like everyone on earth doesn't know that if you invest in better players the team gets better. What you're saying is ridiculously simple and obvious.

It's easy for anyone to say 'spend money on better players'.

If the Board are not aware of the need to raise a significant amount money -I'd suggest a 30-50 million figure- then they are not fit for the purpose.
King & the 3B's have done a fantastic job in saving the club from the Spivs and that should never be forgotten.
Its time to fund the Rangers manager properly, it's the job of the Board to find and provide that funding

Not fit for purpose because they can't magic up £30-£50 million?

You aren't seriously this stupid?

You’re missing the point.

You simply demanding the board magic up £30m+ isn’t going to make it happen.

We have very capable men in charge of the club, but access to the sort of money you want to see doesn’t appear to be forthcoming anytime soon.

That isn’t a failure of their duty as a board - it’s simply that no one really wants to plough that sort of cash into Scottish football anymore.

So we’re in a situation where we need to be much more productive with our resources and grow things over time.

Firstly we build the right managerial structure, then we start adding players who’ll bring value to the club, but it isn’t something that’s going to happen overnight.

And this is where we are now.

At some point we’re going to have to accept that sticking with it for longer than we have done previously might be absolutely necessary if we want to return to the top - there are no more magic money trees.

You’re missing the point.

You simply demanding the board magic up £30m+ isn’t going to make it happen.

We have very capable men in charge of the club, but access to the sort of money you want to see doesn’t appear to be forthcoming anytime soon.

That isn’t a failure of their duty as a board - it’s simply that no one really wants to plough that sort of cash into Scottish football anymore.

So we’re in a situation where we need to be much more productive with our resources and grow things over time.
Firstly we build the right managerial structure, then we start adding players who’ll bring value to the club, but it isn’t something that’s going to happen overnight.

And this is where we are now.

At some point we’re going to have to accept that sticking with it for longer than we have done previously might be absolutely necessary if we want to return to the top - there are no more magic money trees.

then we will have to disagree

The closer they get to 10 it will o ly gets worse regardless if where we are in our own progression.

We need to stop 10 and as soon as possible, hopefully before 9 worst case scenario.

Last 2 results have been extremely worrying performance wise but we will get there, we need to allow Gerrard the time as he is learning as he goes.

We have a bi-polar support. Some get wildly over optimistic on the back of a win. Others get wildly over pessimistic and dramatic on the back of a defeat (or draw). Some individuals do both!

We are where we are on the road back to where we want to be and where we are this season is probably about where we we should realistically expect to be. There will be a lot more ups and downs in the coming weeks and months, so people should really just get used to it. There's no magic wand and no magic money tree, so it's going to take time.
The full Dundee team were put together for less than Goldson cost us.
Playing 10 men for 100 minutes over 2 games and scoring one free kick is not where I thought we would be or should be
17 points already dropped beat in a semi final.
If we loose on Thursday it will be a disaster

I think we're frustrated that a team of highly paid Rangers players (and management) lose to a crap Aberdeen at Ibrox and cannot overcome a 10-man Dundee.

It's perfectly natural.
It’s more than that though.
Much more.
It’s the slightest setback.
Sometimes not even a setback.
There is a definite lack of understanding of football.
There is also an attitude within the support that they actually know better than the management team and know the, so very simple, answers to any and all problems.
It goes beyond “just an opinion” too often.

Playing 10 men for 100 minutes over 2 games and scoring one free kick is not where I thought we would be or should be
Disaster to go out in the EL group stages when we started in the 1st qualifying round?

No perspective in that opinion at all.

Really is hard to believe this.

1 point out of 6 from two bottom half clubs both of whom had ten men for most of the games and you are calling supporters out for being impatient?

Sorry but the circumstances of the last 2 games were totally different, we should be beating bottom half clubs at home and we should be beating the bottom club away when they play 60 odd minutes with ten men.

You cannot defend this, this is not title winning behaviour. Sorry.

We got out of jail away to St Mirren and Hamilton in performances that were almost identical to yesterday. Candeias mishits a cross in one and the defender gives away a bizarre penalty in the other.

We just lack creative midfielders.

All the comments about heart, character, bottle etc are just bluster.

We need better players.

I think the fans reaction over the past two games is perfectly justifiable. We've played two teams against 10 men and Managed 1 goal and 6 fu*kin shots on target between the two games, now that is disgraceful, we have a non existant midfield culpable for slowing the play down and losing possession. Worrall can't be trusted neither can flanigan. Lamentable.

Really is hard to believe this.
Team are low in Confidence after last 2 games if we loose on Thursday some may not recover confidence and form till its to late we then meet the scum on the 29th
The season could be over
So yes to me Thursday has a huge bearing on our season

Back