10 German bombers offensive?

Coatbridge Chancellor

BANG, BANG, BANG'
Rangers fans filmed chanting offensive ’10 German Bombers’ song in Austria ahead of Rapid Vienna clash
Hundreds of fans can be seen standing in the street in the Austrian capital as the slur is belted out

VIDEO
By Alice Walker
12th December 2018, 10:44 pm
Updated: 12th December 2018, 10:51 pm

RANGERS fans have been filmed chanting an offensive '10 German Bombers' song in Austria ahead of their clash with Rapid Vienna.

Hundreds of fans can be seen standing in the street in the Austrian capital as the slur is belted out.

And they can be heard singing the words “The RAF from Bridgeton shot them down” and “bang, bang, bang” during the minute-and-a-half clip.

The footage which emerged on a Youtube page called Football Away Days shows supporters making reference to both First and Second World War.

It’s a chant which was strongly criticised after England fans were heard singing it during their match against Germany in Dortmund in March last year.
Gers fans chant the vile slur in Austria
A number England fans were banned by the FA after the 1-0 defeat.

Rangers fans in flight chaos after yobs are booted off plane at Glasgow Airport ahead of Rapid Vienna clash
FA chairman Greg Clarke branded the song “inappropriate, disrespectful and disappointing”.

It comes after we told how fans faced flight chaos after yobs were booted off a plane at Glasgow Airport.

Around 10,000 Gers fans are expected in Vienna for the Europa League group clash.

It emerged fans won't be able to use cash inside the Allianz Stadion.

Not one normally to complain about papers, but this?

crazy people think its offensive were not the olny club that sings that and i dont see the other clubs that do getting highlighted like it does here

Seriously though, what an absolute pile of shite this is. Where do you even start with these two howlers? At what point in the song is ‘bang bang bang’ sung? :rolleyes:

And they can be heard singing the words “The RAF from Bridgeton shot them down” and “bang, bang, bang” during the minute-and-a-half clip.

Never forget standing in Parkhead one day and the guy next to me singing "and the IRA from Britain shot one down".

So long as they weren't singing that there is literally %^*& all to be offended about.

Suddenly the thoughts of digestive eating moth smelling, English F.A officials suddenly become relevant to the complicit Scottish media how exactly?
Can we bin this song in exchange for TBB or famine song?

I find it in very bad taste. There's absolutely no reason why they should be singing it, especially where they are. You could class it as antagonistic and disrespectful. As a veteran, I find anything that glorifies war, repulsive. I also find it abhorrent that drunken fukwits who haven't served continually sing it. Why?
The Austrian people are deeply embarrassed by what transpired, I found this out whilst in the forces. Staying at a family run lodge in Austria, whilst out there skiing. Old family portrait paintings up on the wall and all with the same tipex mark on a certain place on the males wearing suits. You can guess what it was covering. I asked the host why didn't he use paint to blend in, he simply said he was ashamed of what had happened but covering up and forgetting the past wasn't fair to all those who had died, on both sides.
To those that say that the song's not offensive, what if your family member died in one of those raids? Who make up the most casualties of war? Civillians. It's cringeworthy and shameful. How fucking dare they.

Last edited:
If you like a story involving behaviour in football Alice you don’t need to go to Vienna for one there is a biggy right on your own doorstep go on ask a few questions

I find it in very bad taste. There's absolutely no reason why they should be singing it, especially where they are. You could class it as antagonistic and disrespectful. As a veteran, I find anything that glorifies war, repulsive. I also find it abhorrent that drunken fukwits who haven't served continually sing it. Why?
The Austrian people are deeply embarrassed by what transpired, I found this out whilst in the forces. Staying at a family run lodge in Austria, whilst out there skiing. Old family portrait paintings up on the wall and all with the same tipex mark on a certain place on the males wearing suits. You can guess what it was covering. I asked the host why didn't he used paint to blend in, he simply said he was ashamed of what had happened but covering up and forgetting the past wasn't fair to all those who had died, on both sides.
To those that say that the song's not offensive, what if your family member died in one of those raids? Who make up the most casualties of war? Civillians. It's cringeworthy and shameful. How fucking dare they.
The songs crap, unless you're drunk and in a large crowd, but it's effectively a song about protecting the country from an attack.

Is this not the most mongo thread ever.. Of course it is probably offensive to Germans but hey they got destroyed so sorry for liking that.

Ns

The Austrian people are deeply embarrassed by what transpired, I found this out whilst in the forces. Staying at a family run lodge in Austria, whilst out there skiing. Old family portrait paintings up on the wall and all with the same tipex mark on a certain place on the males wearing suits. You can guess what it was covering. I asked the host why didn't he used paint to blend in, he simply said he was ashamed of what had happened but covering up and forgetting the past wasn't fair to all those who had died, on both sides.
It’s an old war song history is history nothing can change that and I’m fucking proud that the British defeated nazism and my grandparents had a hand in it,so how fucking date you decry my brave grandparents with your handwriting pish

It’s an old war song history is history nothing can change that and I’m fucking proud that the British defeated nazism and my grandparents had a hand in it,so how fucking date you decry my brave grandparents with your handwriting pish
Just because your Grandparents fought in the war, doesn't mean you should sing a stupid song about it. "Decry" ? Did nothing of the sort, go check the meaning of that word.

I have to say I do find that song a bit embarrassing. We have loads of great Rangers songs and loyalist songs we can belt out, so I don't understand why we resort to that, especially when abroad. Its at best disrespectful to modern Germans/ Austrians who are mostly embarrassed by their 20th century history.
Don't forget some of our favourite players in recent years were German, Klos, Albertz, Neef and others.
Lets consign that song to the bin, not to appease the permanently offended, but as an act of decency and respect on behalf of our famous club.

Utterly missing the point by a few miles. Whatever your opinion of the song, the media choose to inaccurately report on our fans once again while others can behave and act far worse without a word.

Hard to take you serious when you have a picture of a soldier being cruel to animals as your profile picture
No need to take it serious at all, the image is photoshopped. Anyway, what's cruel about it? People have been riding donkeys longer than time itself.

Utterly missing the point by a few miles. Whatever your opinion of the song, the media choose to inaccurately report on our fans once again while others can behave and act far worse without a word.
This isn't tit for tat. I couldn't give a monkey's %^*& how the unwashed conduct themselves. I don't want the club I follow to have it's reputation damaged by morons.

It still glorifies war. And people have been whipping horses and goats for just as long as time itself, doesn’t mean it’s not cruelty
Where's his whip? Why's that photo glorifying war? Why can't you stick to the point? Trying to find excuses for scumbags behaviour?

Back