Match Thread Rangers v Hamilton - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

Genuine question, do you take any joy from watching us?

Against other oppossition it could have been 3 or 4 to us. See how easy it is to throw out random assumptions with nothing to back it up
And that's you replying to one of his less hysterical posts today!

Couldn't go today due to illness. Followed the game via other means. We won. Wasn't pretty at times, but we dominated without our best player on the pitch, our main rivals were pumped, we won and we're top of the league.

I cannot go the fucking negativity in here. You'd think after the last couple of weeks people would have a sense of reality and be grateful for today, in a measured manner. But no. Burn Lafferty. Practise corners 24/7. Practise shooting 25/8. Sell Arfield. Blah blah blah.... FFS :(

I'm relatively happy with that. Barisić was MOTM for me. Hamilton were always going to have a five minute spell if we didn't score a second. It didn't come until the very end of the game. One hairy moment when McGregor had to save the boy's shot. Arfield's steal and shot just skimming past the post goes in on another day and big Lafferty's had a header brilliantly saved by the keeper. Top of the league :)

Lafferty taking some amount of heat on here but he was denied two goals by a lick of paint on the post and possibly the save of the season so far.
He's been nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out!
Lick of paint or not that first one was an appalling miss.

The amount of crosses we have put in the last few games, for a big target man like him to get on the end of so few is criminal

How many GOOD games has he had? He only plays well when they are all playing well. He never stands out on his own.

I think 'standing out' is not the issue, he works very well in this team, and like you say he plays well when the the rest are, so should we also class the rest as useless?

Anyway for a rubbish player he has shockingly scored 5 and set up 4 so is responsible for 9 goals out of 39 we have scored in the league. That is nearly a quarter of all goals scored.

Bin Him!!!!

It was (and always is) the result that mattered.

The more the season goes on, the more i think it's going to be one of attrition and wearing teams down as opposed to battering them. Not good for the ticky ticker, but if that's how it's going to be, that's going it's going to be.

Not a great performance but a win that takes us back to the top of the league - that will do for now but won't keep us there unfortunately.
Pity young Dallas didn't make an appearance but perhaps understandable with the score stuck at 1 - 0. Now on to mid-week and I hope we pile in the goals we saved up from today.

Our positioning at corners is a problem. On the odd occasion the ball clears the first man it usually sails over our heads.
Occasionally someone gets a head to it but often only just and with no power.
We need to stop bunching on the six yard line and hoping the corner lands perfectly.
The number of times we head the ball going backwards is ludicrous.
Take a position where you are running onto the ball and attacking it, not letting it stott off the top of your head because you are using a standing jump, it's not rocket science.
Absolutely does my head in.
There is seldom anyone coming in at the back post either.
Little wonder we can't benefit from corners.

Morelos plays and that's a 6-0 stroll. Lafferty was very poor.

We looked better with Grezda on the left and Candeias the right, I hope we try that again.

Barisic looked class, he and Grezda obviously have a great understanding. You were begging for Lafferty to attack those crosses into the box from Barisic.

Corners were terrible, I'd have had Middleton take a few after we squandered so many. He had a few assists a while ago from corners didn't he?

Arfield wasn't his best but that's the midfield for me now. McCrorie gives Jack the platform to get forward more, and they both played really well today.
Good accurate well balanced post Buffalo, you should post more often mate. :cool:

Normally it's all doom and gloom...

"We're shite, this guys rubbish, no this other guys dreadful"(despite being top of the league) or we don't score enough (despite being top scorers in the country!) etc. :rolleyes:

Title winning teams win ugly and go through rough patches!

Frustrating as hell. Scrappy win, we should have sent a real message out today and scored a few goals.

Really lack that vital final killer shot when we don't have Alfredo on the park

Worth remembering our rival struggled to beat Hamilton 1-0 in their home fixture.
Can't imagine anyone thought our performance today was good but the 3 points are. Easter Road & Perth will see a very different type of approach to today's game. It's up to us.

Genuine question, do you take any joy from watching us?

Against other oppossition it could have been 3 or 4 to us. See how easy it is to throw out random assumptions with nothing to back it up
Lost it today with the ars*hole next to us who every game we struggle spends 90 minutes berating the team. He celebrated going top of the league by giving the finger to the team as he left! We all know we aren't brilliant and having an opinion is everyones right but why spend money to stand and have a go at the team for 90 minutes? Honestly I don't get it, have a moan, criticise each play as it happens but to go on like you are some f*cking football legend? Give me a break!!

Lafferty taking some amount of heat on here but he was denied two goals by a lick of paint on the post and possibly the save of the season so far.
He's been nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out!
Sorry but Lafferty should not be hitting the post from tw0 yards out.

I don't think any of us will be talking about this game in a month's time never mind a year's time.

All that matters is we're top of the league (psychological boost) and we made up two points on them.
3 bro they got zilch and we got 3

We didn't beat Hamilton by 4 or 5 goals with wonderful football throughout the match.

Even if we did someone would be moaning about players not tucking their shirts in or something like that.

It's mental mate, I swear some folk are happiest when they're moaning!

We missed some and their keeper saved a couple of sure goals, who cares, we still got three points.

Delighted with the win but again dreadful at times infront of goal which could come back and bite us on the arse bigtime.

I should be feeling elated after today’s results but I’m not.
Go on Gers, smash the green and white shite into oblivion this month and prove a miserable old git like me wrong.

Would have bitten anyone’s hand off at start of season to be top of league at this point.

If this is the same scenario in May with a scrappy 1-0 win to still be top of league - Don’t think we will have many moaning (disclaimer outwith match day threads of course). :cool:

MOTM for me was a close one with Barasic and Candeias - with Candeias just edging it - his tenacity & work rate to win balls that just weren't ours was a joy to watch, not to mention he scored the only goal!

Good win, not a vintage performance and a little more nervy than I’d like but pretty regulation as Hamilton at home should be.

Their keeper’s save from Lafferty’s header towards the end was an absolutely brilliant save, just seen it back on the highlights.

On another day, the same performance would’ve seen us cruise 4-0. Their keeper made some decent saves (Grezda/Lafferty) and some of our finishing was unlucky (Lafferty/Arfield/McAuley). A second goal would’ve caused them to crumble.

Just back from the game. Happy with 3 points and happy the beasts have lost today. Was a poor performance and once again lacking in the final 3rd. Should really be scudding teams like them at home.

Takes a win like that to get the confidence back in players,we,ve had a bad couple weeks it happens, I,ve watched far better and more costly Rangers teams get beat by Hamilton before! Calm down get behind the boys it might happen you know???

Caught the 2nd half of this game then the 2nd half of the Liverpool game. The gulf in quality is of course frightening yet we have people on here who expect us to bring in EPL quality players to replace the likes of Tav, Halliday and Laff yet turn their noses up when Davies or Solanke are mentioned.
Live in the now Bears. We’re doing just fine, honest.

Just back in,i will take the 3points, but seeing a team especially an opposing goalkeeper waste time when they are 1-0 down! It was all about damage limitations for them today,

We're top of the league but it doesn't feel like it.

Tough few weeks ahead, just hope we can stay in touch with the top before we strengthen in January.

Instantly forgettable game but we got the 3 points, Celtic lost and that's the main thing.
Not only losing to Hibs, they have dropped points to Hearts, Livi, Killie, St Mirren and Motherwell. Not exactly a scary record.
We welcome the chase.

Back