Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

Another game we failed to close out from a winning position. No matter how tired the players are we should be capable of closing games down. I am losing count of the goals we are losing in the last 5 minutes.

Perhaps , finally , it’s sinking into some thick skulls .

There is no title race . We can’t beat Aberdeen , hibs or Dundee ffs.

I’ve said all along the Scottish cup and second place will be the best we can hope for . The delusions about the title can stop right now .
said the same mate, cant se us winning the league this year, but injuries have been absolutely brutal so far

You might want to take your head out the sand.

My head is not in the sand, thanks.

Frustrating result again, but we are still not that far behind the scum. We've hit our bad patch as every team does during a season. Soon we will find our seasons start form.

Our wingers offered nothing. We can't play through the middle. Same old story. Even the sucker punch is becoming all too predictable now and expected. Gutted.

Another pathetic result against a poor side. This season will be a massive opportunity missed, purely down to our inability to see out games.

Too true, the amount of silly points dropped is mounting up almost week by week.

Win today and a draw on Saturday would have kept us on their coattails. Now we cannot even contemplate losing on Saturday as it will be all but over.

The one thing we do know is we need a big uplift in quality all over, too many players just not able to raise their game when required.

Defending by and large was good.

I expected us to be worse when Goldson went off and we were left with two kids at the back.

Issue is as per usual not being able to kill teams off.

We were comfortable today but when you fail to put teams away the sucker punch is always there.
I'd rather our goalie came for a cross like that, than stand watching one of the biggest guys on the pitch climb all over one of the smallest guys and nod it in. Where were our big centre halves?
Even if the goalie misses at least he can use his hands.
Crazy stuff.
Tavernier is running on empty. Needs a break.
He wastes vast amounts of energy recovering his own mistakes, energy he needs going forward.

Last edited:
What should the manager have done differently?
Give a team something to think about ... Im stunned and not for the first time by Gerrard inability to see what's going to happen. King must must be bewildered, letting goldson try to run off an injury will probably put him out scum game, what a mess we are

It was always too much of an ask for Gerrard to turn it round so quickly.

Next season he'll have had 3 transfer windows and learned a lot as a manager.

That's when we should expect to be putting in a genuine challenge for the title.

The problem is what we are seeing is a team regressing very badly rather than a team progressing. Gone is all our great closing down and fast flowing attacking football and somehow we have morphed into Pedros caravan club.

It wasn't pathetic at all. We do need to convert far more chances though.

Injuries have ball-fvcked us this month...there's no getting away from it.

Two draws that could so easily have been two wins. Others must step up. Alfredo can't do it all on his own.

We were worse on Sunday V St Johnstone. Nothing went for us in the games against Hibs. We should have 6 points from they games but the poorest performance we got 3 points. Strange game.

A squad absolutely fkn riddled with individuals who have no idea what it takes to be a Rangers player . Another costly mistake by management not going for the juggler either when it really matters too.

A fkn blind man could have seen that coming ffs it's as if we want to give opposition hope right to the death. How many times is this lethargy going to cost this team before the fkn penny drops? All we had to do was give ourselves a chance going into Sunday, that's all we supporters asked but it's totally fkn irrelevant now just an utter dog shit display once again.

Robbed in the end however you could sense it was coming.

Team looked very tired in the last 15mins and we probably took too long to make the subs.

3 at the back largely nullified Morelos but we had enough chances spread around the team to win the game.

We lack that additional bit of quality to kill games outwith Morelos. Neither Middleton nor Candeias have that edge.

yes we should've won, were we pathetic NO, is it the end of our chances HELL NO, are there still 20 games to go YES, if we are more than 6 points behind approaching the split then ill panic but until then people should man the f*ck up and get behind our tired lads and stop getting on their backs every 5 seconds WATP NS

Still no quality or cohesion and absolutely no entertainment value. They look like strangers out there, unable to put in the final telling ball, make wrong choices. What people on here see in Tavernier is beyond me. Gets himself into position to play the killer ball and a high percentage of the time he over or under hits the ball into danger zones and wastes the move. Pretty frustrating stuff.

We are not very good at stopping crosses coming in from either flank. The goal is a case in point - Candeias runs towards the player, stops, puts his hands behind his back & gives him plenty time & space to easily put the ball in.

Shut the player down for pity's sake. It isn't difficult.
was awful defending

Gerrard needs to take the blame, I've backed him all the way but even my blind faith has gone.

How he can even let Coulibaly on the pitch is a fucking joke, the guy is a spastic and degrades the team. Our formation and game plan does not fit in with the players we have.

Tav and Candeias cannot cross a ball, any good crosses they do is more luck than skill. The types of crosses they do is also useless as we don't have a target man to header it, again this is something the manager should be pointing out to them. Middleton has been poor lately but at least he knows our crosses need to be lower and from the by-line.

We lack creativity in midfield and if Arfield isn't on we are worse, Jack does well but in fairness to him he wasn't brought in to be or claim to be a creative midfielder.

I really hate to bang on but in Coulibaly we have a player who actualy makes us play worse, he brings nothing to the game and if he is playing on the 29th then don't even bother watching game because the spastic will get us fucked over.
Upset or not that's honking chat!

The sucker punch is always coming when holding a 1-0 lead. I don't mind admitting it, but I'm dreading Saturday. We're too slow in getting up the pitch and when we eventually get there the final ball is poor.

Got to agree.

Ray Charles would have seen that equaliser coming.

It is just so predictable it’s almost unreal.

We are one dimensional and lacking quality all over the pitch.

This was Pedro and Warburton all rolled into one.

The biggest worry is that Gerrard is watching the same bollox we are and is obviously unable to do anything about it. Either through lack of options or lack of savvy.

What should the manager have done differently?

Had 2 up front from 60-70mins when they stick 3 at the back. A double sub at nearly 85mins is hopeless. Coulibally was a lot better, but his decision making is still utter shi™e and he should have been hooked 20mins earlier for Lafferty.

They win on Saturday and win their game in hand, they're NINE points ahead.

We win on Saturday and they win their game in hand, they're still SIX points ahead.

Even if we win on Saturday and they lose their game in hand, they're still THREE points ahead.

The gap still is and always was there. Some people just chose to ignore it.

Unless the table hasn't been updated here,

we win on Saturday they win their game in hand they're three points ahead
we win on Saturday and they lose their game we're equal points.
we lose on Saturday and they win their game in hand, they're nine points ahead
we lose on Saturday and they lose their game in hand they're six points ahead

or sumfin' like that?

Team has made great progress but January signings would need to be quite something if we want to make a real challenge.

I think it's written in the stars to bring back the shameless one to earn his redemption.

To seriously think we were ever challenging for the title is naive in the extreme. We are a decent side, no more than that. We're lacking in most areas of the park whether it's a partner for Alfie, a playmaker in midfield and a steady centre back. The lack of a quality squad is really showing up now. If Morelos got injured we'd be absolutely screwed.

EDIT: And we look absolutely knackered, too.

Should have won again, poor decision making is killing us. Knew they would get a chance but it shouldn't have mattered, we should have been out of sight.

Gerrard needs to take the blame, I've backed him all the way but even my blind faith has gone.

How he can even let Coulibaly on the pitch is a fucking joke, the guy is a spastic and degrades the team. Our formation and game plan does not fit in with the players we have.

Tav and Candeias cannot cross a ball, any good crosses they do is more luck than skill. The types of crosses they do is also useless as we don't have a target man to header it, again this is something the manager should be pointing out to them. Middleton has been poor lately but at least he knows our crosses need to be lower and from the by-line.

We lack creativity in midfield and if Arfield isn't on we are worse, Jack does well but in fairness to him he wasn't brought in to be or claim to be a creative midfielder.

I really hate to bang on but in Coulibaly we have a player who actualy makes us play worse, he brings nothing to the game and if he is playing on the 29th then don't even bother watching game because the spastic will get us fucked over.

I actually thought Coulibaly had a decent game and you honestly deserve a ban for your post

yes we should've won, were we pathetic NO, is it the end of our chances HELL NO, are there still 20 games to go YES, if we are more than 6 points behind approaching the split then ill panic but until then people should man the f*ck up and get behind our tired lads and stop getting on their backs every 5 seconds WATP NS
Sticky, sticky, sticky :)

Yet again an absolute sickener right at the end in a game that we dominated and should have put to bed earlier.

Not good enough.

should of bought lafferty on earlier so many chances we had
He should have started IMO. We would have had far more chance of killing the game with Lafferty up with Alfie.
The only reason I can think of that he didn't start is because we are so thin on attacking options on the bench.

Drawn 6 games now, and lost 3. Even allowing for an unusually competitive league this season that is not good enough.

We are not much better domestically than last season at this stage. Players simply are not good enough to deliver when necessary. Two massive transfer windows in next 6 months to put us on track for 55 as it will not be this season.

We were worse on Sunday V St Johnstone. Nothing went for us in the games against Hibs. We should have 6 points from they games but the poorest performance we got 3 points. Strange game.
Fed up hearing we SHOULD be getting this, should be getting that. It’s loser talk and akin to patter you’d hear from Hearts and Aberdeen fans. Rangers need to be above that, but right now we’re not. I don’t like the way this season is going

We have ZERO goal threat outside Morelos.

No threat from the wingers, no threat from midfield.

Candeias can run himself into the ground for us and for that he gets respect, but his crossing and finishing is well below par far too often.

If you play with a front 3, all three need to be a danger to the goal. If you don’t have that in your squad, DONT PLAY 3 FORWARDS!!!!!

We are still in it. The team has improved. We've had one window and are just lacking cutting edge. Still within touching distance of them. Let's be positive. The manager knows what's going wrong and we can't do feck all til January. It was never going to take one window. I'm gutted with today aswell but it's done. Onwards...

Why can we finish the game vs St Johnstone with 2 up and attacking formation and looking good to go back to this 3 defensive midfielders???

Coulibaly is NOT a player for games when we are in possession of the ball......he works hard but ability is zero.

We should have played 2 up or changed it earlier......1v0 is always a dodgy lead

You can say the same about candieas, works hard but nothing else.

All confidence has been lost in this team.

We aren’t capable of anything. Can’t see out games, can’t kill games off, can’t keep a clean sheet, can’t take advantage of other teams dropping points.

The problem is what we are seeing is a team regressing very badly rather than a team progressing. Gone is all our great closing down and fast flowing attacking football and somehow we have morphed into Pedros caravan club.

Yeah we badly need a couple of quality reinforcements in January.

If we can turn that possession into goals we're laughing.

Sadly I think today will deflate a lot of the support and the players. Celtic manage to come from 2-2 and win 4-3, we give away a sloppy goal in a game that we were cruising.

If we don't win on Saturday then the season is done for sure.

I actually think we played ok today in spells, especially the second half. McCrorie, Worrall, Halliday and Middleton all played pretty well. Some players looked absolutely knackered though.

Spastic is a bit heavy going, surely?! Yes he is utter tripe but those insults are pretty poor

I doubt teams will sell their best players in January unless it's for a premium so it'll probably be a bigger summer window than January one. Maybe Liverpool will loan some scraps again ...

Disappointing result and style of play. Too many of our players going down injured compared to the opposition. There is no 'joie de vivre' in our play. Each game seems to be an uphill struggle. There isn't a commanding captain in the mould of Richard Gough. Hibs were forcing the play towards the end. We've seen this against Aberdeen and Motherwell and dropped points. There is no use complaining about injuries and feeling sorry for ourselves. The team isn't as good as what we think it is. The team isn't as good as what it should be. Throwing money at the team ain't the solution. It's about building confidence, employing different tactics and making more of what we have. We need 11 giants on Saturday ready to die for the cause. Nothing else is acceptable.

Back