Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

The support is an integral part of a team and is not playing their part. There was draws At Ibrox during the sixties, seventies , eighties and nineties and the team was never booed of the pitch for a draw. This seems to be a new generation of fans way of dealing with disappointment and it doesn’t help the team or the club.
The team are disappointing the support with their performance. The support's job is to turn up, and they do it extremely well. With the support doing their part the team have to do theirs. The players are letting us down.

The support is an integral part of a team and is not playing their part. There was draws At Ibrox during the sixties, seventies , eighties and nineties and the team was never booed of the pitch for a draw. This seems to be a new generation of fans way of dealing with disappointment and it doesn’t help the team or the club.
Every match that’s poor we get this unmitigated rubbish. This support packs the ground from the bottom of the leagues. It queues round the block for merchandise. It takes thousands across the country and into Europe. It’s had a series of charlatans both on and off the park represent them , still they came back. They saw a manager singing feckin karaoke after a petrofac cup final loss for gods sake. The team , the club owes them more than anybody for keeping the lights on and the faith. Behave yourself.

See once the hysteria and disappointment dies down hopefully some folk will come to there senses and realise that we did enough today to win three games.
We were nowhere near as bad as is being made out!
I am just not seeing that. I don't know how you win three games when you create quite as little as we did today. Sure we had quite a bit of the ball but we rarely looked like creating much of note. And if you don't do that then you are always susceptible to a sucker punch. It always looked like a game where if we didn't get a second then we would run a real risk of them getting one good chance. It is a pattern that is all too familiar I'm afraid. Morelos aside, whatever front 6 we put out looks pretty ordinary. You can make a case for plenty of them being decent players and that is probably about right - decent players. But we need more quality than that. That half back line today doesn't scare anybody and Middleton and Candeias are in the decent category rather than in the real quality category. Unless we add a couple of quality attacking players in January I think we have plenty more days like today coming in the second half of the season.

We're really bad at seeing out games. I know we want to keep the tempo up and keep the pressure on, but we have to be smarter at killing a game through gamesmanship if we haven't been able to kill it through scoring. That's now 6 points dropped between late equalisers vs Aberdeen, Motherwell, and Hibs. And we went out the league cup after a late goal from Aberdeen.
You kill a game by holding onto the ball and not letting the opponents get it.Did you see our attempts at passing the ball today? nothing short of disgraceful

Unfortunately, after the Winter break they'll be out of sight and rarely dropping points. Any improvement by Rangers will be far too late in proceedings.

Unfortunately can only agree, Celtic will do what Rangers used to do.... motor on after the break and win the title at a canter.

We lack any consistency at all, winning only 2 of 6 games since going top after beating Hearts at Tynecastle.

Our biggest weakness is a lack of a goal threat outwith Alfie, meaning we do not kill of teams. We need another 2 or 3 players scoring in double figures over a season .... our current squad seem to get a nosebleed once inside the box.

Of course it is and believe me, I'm as disappointed as the next guy but if it wasn't for their keeper, we'd have won by a couple at least.
All I'm saying as we're not as shite as we're being made out and the idea of getting rid of Gerrard right now is just insane!
I would say we are a very average team to be honest but sacking SG is not the answer.
The manager needs to look at other formations he is far to rigid with his style of play and tactics .

Unfortunately can only agree, Celtic will do what Rangers used to do.... motor on after the break and win the title at a canter.

We lack any consistency at all, winning only 2 of 6 games since going top after beating Hearts at Tynecastle.

Our biggest weakness is a lack of a goal threat outwith Alfie, meaning we do not kill of teams. We need another 2 or 3 players scoring in double figures over a season .... our current squad seem to get a nosebleed once inside the box.
We have never replaced Josh windass and with that I meen with a player that could score as many goals.

I am just not seeing that. I don't know how you win three games when you create quite as little as we did today. Sure we had quite a bit of the ball but we rarely looked like creating much of note. And if you don't do that then you are always susceptible to a sucker punch. It always looked like a game where if we didn't get a second then we would run a real risk of them getting one good chance. It is a pattern that is all too familiar I'm afraid. Morelos aside, whatever front 6 we put out looks pretty ordinary. You can make a case for plenty of them being decent players and that is probably about right - decent players. But we need more quality than that. That half back line today doesn't scare anybody and Middleton and Candeias are in the decent category rather than in the real quality category. Unless we add a couple of quality attacking players in January I think we have plenty more days like today coming in the second half of the season.
I can't disagree with most of that.
Of course we're nowhere near the finished article, we're very much a work in progress and there's no doubt we need to add real quality in most areas of the pitch.
All I'm saying is that now isn't the time to be chasing Gerrard down Edmiston Drive with burning torches and pitchforks.
Knee jerk reactions halfway into the season isn't the answer!

I feel our maximum expectation since we came up was to beat the poets at least once, preferably while the league is still live, and to win a cup, not just reach a final, which we haven’t even managed and guarantee 2nd place which also hasn’t materialised.

I was going to criticise Ryan Jack again but due to the administrators and powder puff fans on here (there are many) who get their panties in a bunch I realise he has now become an untouchable protected species as far as FF is concerned. So much for opinion and freedom of speech!! Jack needs to be first out the door in January.

The entire team were once again lack lustre and very pedestrian. The manager may as well have been at home, Middleton should have been hooked after half time, absolutely awful performance, especially against a run of the mill full back who is 12 years older than him!! TWELVE YEARS OLDER!!!!

Gerrard bringing lafferty on 20 minutes later than he should have done was short sighted and insulting. The squad should be hanging their heads in shame tonight but we all know they won't give a fvck one way or the other.

As for the "Rangers fans" who spent the first half watching their phones, updating everyone on the score at pittodrie and celebrating an Aberdeen goal..!!! Get a life or fvck off out of Ibrox!!

Im sure there will be the usual suspects who will be upset by the opinions of others but I'll read your opinions with great interest after Saturday's game!!

I was going to criticise Ryan Jack again but due to the administrators and powder puff fans on here (there are many) who get their panties in a bunch I realise he has now become an untouchable protected species as far as FF is concerned. So much for opinion and freedom of speech!! Jack needs to be first out the door in January.

The entire team were once again lack lustre and very pedestrian. The manager may as well have been at home, Middleton should have been hooked after half time, absolutely awful performance, especially against a run of the mill full back who is 12 years older than him!! TWELVE YEARS OLDER!!!!

Gerrard bringing lafferty on 20 minutes later than he should have done was short sighted and insulting. The squad should be hanging their heads in shame tonight but we all know they won't give a fvck one way or the other.

As for the "Rangers fans" who spent the first half watching their phones, updating everyone on the score at pittodrie and celebrating an Aberdeen goal..!!! Get a life or fvck off out of Ibrox!!

Im sure there will be the usual suspects who will be upset by the opinions of others but I'll read your opinions with great interest after Saturday's game!!
Jack was one of our best players today.

Of course we're nowhere near the finished article, we're very much a work in progress and there's no doubt we need to add real quality in most areas of the pitch.
All I'm saying is that now isn't the time to be chasing Gerrard down Edmiston Drive with burning torches and pitchforks.
It is just so gut wrenching that we haven't managed to dig out even a couple more results in December to get us through to the point where we are firmly in the mix, with a January transfer to come. Saturday now feels like an absolute must not lose. At 3 behind and with them having a game in hand you can still make a decent case for us still being somewhat in the mix. But if we lose on Saturday then it looks like curtains, regardless of what the January transfer window brings. Draws against Hibs twice and Dundee and a defeat to Aberdeen all in December. Incredibly frustrating.

We were always going to suffer in one area in this window and that has been midfield to front, his philosophy was strengthen the defence as it always keeps you in the game...only if the more forward areas are working though.

Congratulations!
You've won a Full House!
The players, the manager and the fans all in one post.
What a guy!

Again the shots on target stat is dreadful, 4 shots on target today including Morelos goal,so apart from his goal we had a grand total of 3 other shots in 93mins. It hardly ever gets into double figures either and sure the last time it happened was against Motherwell. To many wrong decisions,wrong passes is the reason for this.

Again the shots on target stat is dreadful, 4 shots on target today including Morelos goal,so apart from his goal we had a grand total of 3 other shots in 93mins. It hardly ever gets into double figures either and sure the last time it happened was against Motherwell. To many wrong decisions,wrong passes is the reason for this.
the amount of shots we have blocked also is so frustrating.

He’s down to the bones in players and I don’t think you can blame him when a team creates about two chances and we concede from one. The blame is we are shopping in a market of rehabilitation and loans and they win you feck all.
We simply don't have the depth of squad of Celtic and it's showing. In fairness we are hanging in there with some long term injuries and players playing that I'd suggest are not fully match fit. It'll be interesting to see who comes in next month. I think Gerrard could justifiably say we've made progress but I need two or three more players to become more competitive. And I think he'll get them. Middleton for example, isn't ready for the run of games he's had to put in.

I think the game this weekend couldn't have come at a worse time for us to be honest. We are limping our way into the break and looked to have had more damage inflicted today.

How do you know That?

They c*nts are not as good as many think they are. You must be one of them.

Yep, you got me.

giphy.gif

Not good enough yet again. Why did Gerrard leave Coulibaly on for so long? Changed it far too late again. Although he can't legislate for Middleton being afraid to shoot with his left foot or three of our wide players putting in far more shite balls than good as per.

Mate Gerrard ain't even getting the basics right, and it hurts me to say it because the man has class and dignity

Fair enough mate but if you spoke to Stevie G he will tell you he will make mistakes etc but due to even being down to bare bones doesn’t help him we will be back I’ve no doubt about it.

It’s time to start Morelos and Lafferty together.

People say this wouldn’t work. Well, to me it doesn’t look like what we’re currently doing is working either.

Hibs scored one goal today and that has cost us two points and landed a blow against our title challenge. It needn’t have. We could - and should - have been three or four up by the time Hibs got their goal.

We are far too complacent in thinking that one goal will do it.

Congratulations!
You've won a Full House!
The players, the manager and the fans all in one post.
What a guy!

Wait til you see Saturday's fella. Some of these people at Ibrox...players and fans...need to have a fuckin word with themselves.
The first half was full of applause for players trying to cross the ball and putting it out the park, I'll never understand that

I see FF is in standard melt down at the moment!

Gutted after throwing the game away today, subs could have ensured we won it if they were brought on earlier, or we could have got another injury after making the subs and been a man down for the last 20.

We drew against a team we should have beaten, twice. We are missing some attacking players from midfield and some that are available, aren't performing; January can't come soon enough for us all!

Saturday will be an eye opener, does Gerrard try changing the 4-3-3 and play both strikers (I hope so), I'll wait and see.

I think the season could be won or lost in the transfer window to be honest, that will be the real indicator of our intent.

Lmao you still upset because people called you out last time you claimed he was shit? Remember?, the time he got motm? :D

That must be one of the most empty headed comments ever. Man of the match in a team that plays awful doesn't amount to much.
Did he get man of the match when we last won a game?????

Wait til you see Saturday's fella. Some of these people at Ibrox...players and fans...need to have a fuckin word with themselves.
The first half was full of applause for players trying to cross the ball and putting it out the park, I'll never understand that
I cannae wait!
No doubt you'll already have your barbed posts written in your head just itching to post them on here.
With a bit of luck you'll be forced to do a few rewrites just after full time!
:rolleyes:

Only themselves to blame.Hivs were creeping into it and we were playing deeper and deeper.It,s akin to watching the same old shite movie over and over and you what,s coming in the end.We are simply a shite team and will not win a damn thing with this squad.Saturday could be a very long day.

Last edited:
No, my argument is you're blaming one the best performers for us playing poor. D'oh!
Oh, and you're the one that called fans "powder puff"...

It's abundantly clear that your standards are in the gutter fella...a good performer??? Or was he the best of a bad lot?
I don't think you'd know a decent player if he bit you on the fuckin arse!

That must be one of the most empty headed comments ever. Man of the match in a team that plays awful doesn't amount to much.
Did he get man of the match when we last won a game?????

Nah, the only empty headed stuff is yours. You clearly dislike Jack, we get it.

And then you get upset if people call you out on talking rubbish.

Today, like a few times this season, was disappointing in terms of the result.
However, we've got to here from one transfer window. We really aren't far away.
Consider this, today we set up with a makeshift LB, a teenage LW, an injured CB in Goldson (who aggravated it and had to come off), an injured Ryan Jack, an injured McCrorie. We simply don't have the strength in depth to cope with that on top of the missing players, especially Ryan Kent.

Keep the heid bears, this is still early days.

I cannae wait!
No doubt you'll already have your barbed posts written in your head just itching to post them on here.
With a bit of luck you'll be forced to do a few rewrites just after full time!
:rolleyes:

I'll be there to support Rangers and only Rangers.
Not cheering Aberdeen goals or applauding mediocrity.
Seems the last few years has taken its toll on many of our support....if the cap fits Etc!!

It's abundantly clear that your standards are in the gutter fella...a good performer??? Or was he the best of a bad lot?
I don't think you'd know a decent player if he bit you on the fuckin arse!
You don't know anything about me.

Our performances have been disgraceful the last month or so, but you picking out Jack when there's players who've been playing considerably worse is utterly stupid and bewildering.

Has anyone actually said that Gerrard should be sacked? Have they?
If so, have a rethink.
A 1 all draw, where we dominated, and created chances against a resolute team with passion, and that with key players, and others nursing niggles, after what has been a hell of a long season so far, our desperation to win the league cannot be the reason we turn on our management and squad when they don't play like the greats.
Would people please stop, setting unrealistic expectations on our rookie manager and effectively rookie team.
We don't have the money to spend on experienced and even lower end top quality players, we don't have the squad depth to cope with injuries and suspensions.
I'm disappointed/gutted we drew that, and we can berate the players all we want, but you can't speed up young player development through criticism, and you can't will players at their peak to be better players than they are, they have peaked.

Roll on the 29th!
Mon the Gers!
No surrender!

Really though, a point on the 29th, some wise spending in January, and a productive winter break training, could be all it takes to clinch the title.
I'm not throwing in the towel, and Gerrard certainly won't.

Has anyone actually said that Gerrard should be sacked? Have they?
If so, have a rethink.
A 1 all draw, where we dominated, and createf chances agaknst a resolute team with passion, and that with key players, and others nursing niggles, after what has been a hell of a long season so far, our desperation to win the league cannot be the reason we turn on our management and squad when they don't play like the greats.
Would people please stop, setting unrealistic expectations on our rookie manager and effectively rookie team.
We don't have the money to spend on experienced and even lower end top quality players, we don't have the squad depth to cope with injuries and suspensions.
I'm disappointed/gutted we drew that, and we can berate the players all we want, but you can't speed up young player development through criticism, and you can't will players at their peak to be better players than they are, they have peaked.

Roll on the 29th!
Mon the Gers!
No surrender!

Really though, a point on the 29th, some wise spending in January, and a productive winter break training, could be all it takes to clinch the title.
I'm not throwing in the towel, and Gerrard certainly won't.

I don't want him gone but he needs to know to change things. This 433 stuff isn't the way forward and he's not helping himself sticking to it.

I hope like you à good January transfer window will help.

I'll be there to support Rangers and only Rangers.
Not cheering Aberdeen goals or applauding mediocrity.
Seems the last few years has taken its toll on many of our support....if the cap fits Etc!!
My kinda guy...staunch as fck.
Any chance I could hang about with you at weekends?
:cool:

Nah, the only empty headed stuff is yours. You clearly dislike Jack, we get it.
And then you get upset if people call you out on talking rubbish.

Jack has a long way to go to prove himself Rangers quality,
The negativity in his play far outweighs the positives.

As for getting upset, I'm the first to respect people's opinions...even where they differ from me!

I a
I don't want him gone but he needs to know to change things. This 433 stuff isn't the way forward and he's not helping himself sticking to it.

I hope like you à good January transfer window will help.

I agree, and understand the time he has to learn on the job is much shorter with us, but I expect the board will review next January, as will I. He needs this whole season and the first half of next before I will make a judgement.
Unless he goes off the rails of course.

What Ryan Jack does, he does well but he just doesn't do it enough for me, I can't see him ever dictating large spells of games unfortunately, and him playing an advanced role is never going to work.

I understand needs must just now with injuries but it's not a long term solution

Back