'Buffalo brains'

I believe a few subtle words by our manager whilst on air would put paid to rentagobs brief brush with fame. Something along the lines of 'Chris is so one-sided he's in danger of toppling over'

I really don't like the laws concerning this but if he posted it online then regardless of context if someone finds it grossly offensive and reports it to the police there is every chance that at the very least he will receive a caution for it and possibly end up in court.

I really don't like the laws concerning this but if he posted it online then regardless of context if someone finds it grossly offensive and reports it to the police there is every chance that at the very least he will receive a caution for it and possibly end up in court.
It's all about dignity and respect for your fellow man,something mutton has in spoonfuls, but needs in barrowloads.

Sutton clearly harbours dislike for Alfredo. And you have to wonder what is motivating his dislike of a young, black player he doesn't even know. I'm giving Sutton the benefit of the doubt, and I'll agree he isn't racist. However, I think his insult to Alfredo was racist, among other things.
He plays for rangers.sutton trays to appeal to his core audience. Who ate Celtic fans.they keep him in a job.

He plays for rangers.sutton trays to appeal to his core audience. Who ate Celtic fans.they keep him in a job.
I could accept this reason if Sutton treated all of the Rangers players alike, but he doesn't. Sutton has made a constant stream of negative remarks about Alfredo, escalating to the insult "buffalo brains" after Celtic's defeat to Rangers. He didn't insult other Rangers players in the same way. There must be something more in Chris Sutton fuelling his dislike of Alfredo Morelos. Sutton should explain himself.

Getting as bad as the mentally challengeds now with shit people get offended at.
Unbelievable we still have supporters with this mindset but seeing the club don’t want to react to situations like this either I suppose you and the others who just can’t fathom the narrative being played out here are just toeing the party line.
With attitudes like this no wonder the demonisation of the club continues unabated.

As I’ve said before had this been said on Sky sports about a premiership player the person responsible would get his jotters.

I complained as well - basically stating that his commentary is far from impartial, his attack on AM went way too far and he has a bitter agenda against RFC.

If enough of us do this continually then they (and that prick Sutton) will get the messsge.

I have said in several other threads that Sutton was the one who kickstarted the campaign against Morelos at the beginning of last season. We now have virtually the whole country on his back. Rangers as a club could have nipped this in the bud but remained silent. There is a huge and deserved campaign UK wide to rid us of the bullying culture in society. If the treatment of Alfredo isn't bullying then I don't know what is. I believe our board are doing a brilliant job on the footballing side. So much so I am sure we will win the league back this year. I also believe we did the right thing calling out Collum for his handling of the Candeias red card. What is happening to Alfredo is in my opinion much worse than an undeserved red card. The Club must and should stand up for him and put an end to this witch hunt against our best player.

Sutton clearly harbours dislike for Alfredo. And you have to wonder what is motivating his dislike of a young, black player he doesn't even know. I'm giving Sutton the benefit of the doubt, and I'll agree he isn't racist. However, I think his insult to Alfredo was racist, among other things.
Ok, maybe it's just sectarian then!

Getting as bad as the mentally challengeds now with shit people get offended at.
So where do we draw the line. How many other teams players are ridiculed like this. Name calling from a professional pundit. If you can name one other player who has been singled out like this I withdraw my complaint. Dignified silence is what has emboldened the bastards.

Some people are saying it's not a big deal but it's just more dehumanising of Morelos. It's been going on all season and it filters through to the point where he's treated differently by referees and even journalists/pundits criticise him more than others.

Would Sutton make similar remarks about any Celtic players? I think we know the answer to that.

just received a response to my complaint. all it consists of is a summary of what happened during the show - what the %^*&.

Chris Sutton used the phrase “buffalo brains” to describe the Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos during BT Sport Score. This description occurred when the guests were talking about the transfers taking place in Scotland during the January transfer window. Whilst acknowledging that Morelos is “…the best centre forward in the (Scottish) league…”, Sutton went on to explain his description of ‘buffalo brains’ by stating “…albeit he can lose the plot…”. This description related to the incidents discussed earlier in the show which occurred during the Old Firm Derby a few days before. During this match, Morelos was fortunate (in some observers’ eyes, including Sutton’s) to escape punishment for several challenges.

On the same show, another guest (the referee Peter Walton) strongly challenged Sutton about his Daily Record article in which Sutton gave his opinion that the standard of refereeing in the Old Firm match was poor. When challenged, Sutton responded by repeating that the views expressed in the article were his “honest opinions”. Chris Sutton, along with the other guests on BT Sport Score strongly condemned the threats against John Beaton.

We acknowledge that this response won’t fully alleviate your concerns but we hope the above reassures you that we do take our responsibility as a broadcaster very seriously.

just received a response to my complaint. all it consists of is a summary of what happened during the show - what the %^*&.

Chris Sutton used the phrase “buffalo brains” to describe the Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos during BT Sport Score. This description occurred when the guests were talking about the transfers taking place in Scotland during the January transfer window. Whilst acknowledging that Morelos is “…the best centre forward in the (Scottish) league…”, Sutton went on to explain his description of ‘buffalo brains’ by stating “…albeit he can lose the plot…”. This description related to the incidents discussed earlier in the show which occurred during the Old Firm Derby a few days before. During this match, Morelos was fortunate (in some observers’ eyes, including Sutton’s) to escape punishment for several challenges.

On the same show, another guest (the referee Peter Walton) strongly challenged Sutton about his Daily Record article in which Sutton gave his opinion that the standard of refereeing in the Old Firm match was poor. When challenged, Sutton responded by repeating that the views expressed in the article were his “honest opinions”. Chris Sutton, along with the other guests on BT Sport Score strongly condemned the threats against John Beaton.

We acknowledge that this response won’t fully alleviate your concerns but we hope the above reassures you that we do take our responsibility as a broadcaster very seriously.
Basically , Sutton talks out of both sides of his mouth and in doing so has covered his arse.

Now run along ,there's a good boy.

Sutton needs all the money he can get to pay off his creditors. He's losing his BT SPFL gig at the end of the season and is auditioning for a Stewart/Walker/Spiers type gig at any other Rangers hating outlet that will have him. Alfie could buy and sell him.

Suspect they could be further challenged in that. In particular there views in the use of such insults in connection with a young player living so far from home. Further to this their views on how such name calling us a form of insult that can contribute to mental health issues would be an idea. Especially given we have a high profile striker in the Scottish game suffering from this.

Suspect they could be further challenged in that. In particular there views in the use of such insults in connection with a young player living so far from home. Further to this their views on how such name calling us a form of insult that can contribute to mental health issues would be an idea. Especially given we have a high profile striker in the Scottish game suffering from this.

i was thinking about sending off a reply reiterating how unprofessional a personal insult like that is (no matter whether or not they think it's justified or balanced) but i'd basically just be repeating my original email.

i would expect another worthless response as they're just not interested unfortunately.

I complained as well - basically stating that his commentary is far from impartial, his attack on AM went way too far and he has a bitter agenda against RFC.

If enough of us do this continually then they (and that prick Sutton) will get the messsge.

I complained and they replied saying they can’t do anything about an individuals opinion.

I honestly don’t know where to start with it, so if he hates a particular race and were to voice it, is that his opinion and they can’t stop it?

Total cop out of a response.

Exact same response to me. Absolute disgrace.

Yeah, exact same as I got.

I shall be taking it further.

I don't have a reply yet, but I didn't reference Buffalo Brains, I just said Chris Sutton was someone I'd suffered for ages and was self-obsessed.

Of the things Sutton has said this gets nowhere near the top. It doesn't even make that much sense, Buffalo's are massive but he's not calling him big brained so what the %^*& is Buffalo brains even supposed to mean? (Obviously supposed to be an insult)

You would never get a reply to it but you should ask "do you think sky sports would be as unprofessional to refer to a player as an insulting nickname rather than his own name?"

%^*& it i replied. told them that trying to add context to sutton's insult doesn't excuse it in anyway and if he can't even pretend to be impartial he shouldn't be commentating on scottish football.

i won't hold my breath for any kind of worthwhile reply.

I just replied saying the response is unacceptable and went into a bit more detail about the whole thing.

Either way, cunts won’t get a penny of my money ever again.
I mentioned I was a shareholder in my reply and my next step was police Scotland should I not be satisfied with their response.
We`ll see how that one goes.

I got the exact same response word for word... doesn’t acknowledge anything!
Just says well we had two sides arguing but nothing about the wording used by Sutton.. basically telling anyone to be shhh

I hate him as much as anyone but if he is removed from his roles in the media i won't get to see his wee petted lip when we win the title this season and that for me is an absolute must.

Yes this is the derogatory term sutton has sounded live while being employed as a 'pundit' to describe our player Morelos.

Rangers has to step in now and do something about this witch hunt against Morelos.

Its absolute scandalous the way hes being treated now.

And the fact is if sellik would have won the tie on the 29th none of this nonsense with statements, name calling, death threats ect would have happened.

Time the media done their jobs properly.
not like you to get all defensive lol

Got the same response - which I think is a very poor attempt. Will be following up with it.

I believe a few subtle words by our manager whilst on air would put paid to rentagobs brief brush with fame. Something along the lines of 'Chris is so one-sided he's in danger of toppling over'
I think a word of air would be better. Sutton would love being made relevant on air.

Back