Rossiter Fitness Levels

He's been fit for the last couple of months, has he not? He's either not been picked or on the bench and he's played the odd game. He wasn't in the European squad so could'nt play in those matches

Hope I’m not just being sentimental but I hope he has a big role to play for us and really want to see him in the blue jersey for an extended run. I don't think anyone can question his underlying talent but just get the questions around proneness to injury sorted out please.

I think a spell out on loan would be best all round here. He needs a run of 10-12 games to get his match fitness up, he’s not going to get that here. If he could get the opportunity to do that somewhere we would be much better placed to see if his body is up to the strain of playing week in week out.

Nearly 3 years with practically nothing to show for it, yet Grezda has been torn down and written off after 6 months by a fair few. Why is that exactly?

For a support with whom many are so impatient and irrational, Rossiter seems to have gotten some special treatment.

That's just wide sweeping statements applied to groups and sections of people that don't exist.

I think a spell out on loan would be best all round here. He needs a run of 10-12 games to get his match fitness up, he’s not going to get that here. If he could get the opportunity to do that somewhere we would be much better placed to see if his body is up to the strain of playing week in week out.

That’s what will happen if kamara comes in I reckon

I’m guessing you don’t read the forum much?

I do Spooge, often - it still doesn't stop it just being wide sweeping statements applied to people who don't exist.

It's creating a strawman to argue against "some people once said things" aye, great.

Very likeable guy but deep down we all know he isn’t going to make it with us. I would be surprised if he actually makes a career in football, one injury after the other.

Agree with this. But based on current form, I’d rather have him on the bench than Coulibaly.

I do Spooge, often - it still doesn't stop it just being wide sweeping statements applied to people who don't exist.

It's creating a strawman to argue against "some people once said things" aye, great.

A simple ‘no’ would have sufficed.

Chased where exactly? Do you understand how a contract works?

Yes, although it hasn't stopped us cutting our losses and paying duds/non contributors off over the years.

Everyone wants to see the boy get fit and contribute but its looking less and less likely.

Nearly 3 years with practically nothing to show for it, yet Grezda has been torn down and written off after 6 months by a fair few. Why is that exactly?

For a support with whom many are so impatient and irrational, Rossiter seems to have gotten some special treatment.

This Board is full of roasters claiming to be Rangers fans, although a number (there is a wee clique of them who spend all day liking each others posts) have a soft spot for some players and blatant dislike of others.

Real fans adopt a consistent approach for all players that pull on the blue jersey. Not pick and chose their favourites.

He's been fit for the last couple of months, has he not? He's either not been picked or on the bench and he's played the odd game. He wasn't in the European squad so could'nt play in those matches

I suspect we’re not getting the full picture with regards to where he is fitness wise to protect him.

After two years of injuries, it’s going to take him time to build up his core fitness, and remember: this is a young guy who’s never played a full season of top flight football before.

I’m guessing there may have been other little niggling issues as an effect of that which we’re not really hearing anymore and that next season (the last of his contracted four) will literally be make or break for him.

If he hasn’t become a regular by the end of this calendar year, he never will and that will be the end of it.

I’d like to see a loan also.

Somewhere we trust, obviously, with a real set up, but I want to see him get 10-15 games on the trot.

Imagine an all firing Rossiter come June? :-0

He’s a great lad. Love to see him next to McCrorie at some point again soon. The tenacity and energy is first class.

Would like to see him going out on loan for the remainder of the season. Lets him get a run of games and we can assess him in the summer.

This Board is full of roasters claiming to be Rangers fans, although a number (there is a wee clique of them who spend all day liking each others posts) have a soft spot for some players and blatant dislike of others.

Real fans adopt a consistent approach for all players that pull on the blue jersey. Not pick and chose their favourites.

Someone is at the stage where they are taking the internet a wee bit too seriously.....

I'm actually bored hearing about Rossiter now, he's been fit for a while but still isn't getting any game time.

If Gerrard of all people can't get his Rangers career going it's time for him to leave.

He seems like a great lad & everyone wanted him to do well but it feels like we're moving ahead without him, especially considering we've just signed Davis & Kamara.

If Kamara comes in this month, Rossiter will be going out on loan with a view of letting him go in the summer.

There is a little bit more to football than fitness though.

I like JR and thought he was the best player on the park in the 5-5 against some good Hibs midfielders.

He blew his chance against Dundee though and as McCrorrie found out after hid red card against St. Mirren, chances are few and far between.

Don't be coming on here with these sensible ideas, don't you know it's over and we should let it go :rolleyes:

I’ve got so much admiration for what that young man has came back from BUT it’s been 3 years ,3 years we’ve been paying him a wage and continue to ,it’s crunch time ....

I think he would struggle to get a loan - there are far too many nuances attached to it

I doubt we would be able to say to a club - he can only play x minutes, y games etc.

If he started to perform for another team they would likely want to flog him which all evidence thus far suggests might cause complications.

How does AN other manager manage his loan.

A loan deal is the obvious step. He needs to go and play 10-15 games somewhere to get back to full match sharpness after being out for the best part of 3 years on and off. He's not going to be afforded the time to get up to speed at us just now. We are in a situation were we need to win games and can't carry any passengers.

He should be sent out on loan with his situation reviewed in the summer.

He's obviously being managed carefully into contention. Chill out lads.

I think that’s exactly what’s happening.

Gerrard is taking the same approach with Rossiter as he is with Katic and McCrorie. Seems Gerrard is of the opinion that players of their age should come in for a game or two then drop out again, focus on recovery and take time to work on any aspects of the game you struggled with.

Takes the pressure right off the young players and prevents burn out.

Rossiter clearly isnt being rushed back. He has been out for some time with a longstanding injury.

He will be given game time sparcely to allow his body to become stronger. Just because he is fit you dont just throw him back in unnecessarily and run the risk of another injury.

Take time with it and do it properly. Really cant see whats hard to understand about that.

The ones shouting get rid and let it go. Are the same old guys people who wanted to replace Morelos with Louis Moult in the summer.

I think that’s exactly what’s happening.

Gerrard is taking the same approach with Rossiter as he is with Katic and McCrorie. Seems Gerrard is of the opinion that players of their age should come in for a game or two then drop out again, focus on recovery and take time to work on any aspects of the game you struggled with.

Takes the pressure right off the young players and prevents burn out.

Would never happen in Championship Manager though. Best 11 every single game, lots of chin stroking and dig out the Asda suit for cup finals.

Thats the standard FF poster profile, that's why nappies get filled on this forum anytime something happens they don't understand.

Watching the training videos from Tenerife and seems Rossiter is top of the class again when it comes to the running just like pre-season! Quite impressive really for a guy who’s had so many injury setbacks
Ross McCrorie was the fittest in Pre season, came back miles ahead of the rest.

Gerrard said he was the best player in pre-season. I doubt we are just going to give up on him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan though (Dundee maybe?)

A loan deal is the obvious step. He needs to go and play 10-15 games somewhere to get back to full match sharpness after being out for the best part of 3 years on and off. He's not going to be afforded the time to get up to speed at us just now. We are in a situation were we need to win games and can't carry any passengers.

He should be sent out on loan with his situation reviewed in the summer.
Personally, I don’t think we have enough quality cover to allow to go on loan.
After Arfield, Jack and McCrorie, you’re bringing in Coulibaly or Halliday for now.

Back