Jim mcintyre talking about kamara

uneasydaz

Sounds promising

20190111-132341.jpg

I'd rather he stayed at Dundee to be honest, is he going feature much for us between now and May?
If we're doing 433,
It will no doubt be Jack Arfield Davis,
With mcrorie coulibally, halliday and Rossiter as cover, potentially Dorrans as well.
Save the wages, tell him to keep doing his best at Dundee and welcome him at season end.

I'd rather he stayed at Dundee to be honest, is he going feature much for us between now and May?
If we're doing 433,
With mcrorie coulibally, halliday and Rossiter as cover, potentially Dorrans as well.
Save the wages, tell him to keep doing his best at Dundee and welcome him at season end.

He is better served training with us and getting used to his teammates imo.

If it’s a minimal additional outlay there is no downside to giving him a head start on that and you never know what could happen with injuries and suspensions.

Get him in now, if he’s good enough for he first team, or at least the bench then he’ll get plenty of gametime given the number of injuries and suspensions we have in midfield.

If we're doing 433,

Agreed. Why spend, say £50+k on him the now where chances for him might be limited. I'd rather he stay at Dundee, get another 15+ games under his belt and show Gerrard and the support what he's about.

If we're doing 433,

Coulibaly should be thanked for his efforts and his loan cut short. Rossiter will forever be a mystery and nobody knows if Dorrans will be able to feature much.

Think it's a no brainier to bring Kamara in.

I had never heard of Kamara till I saw him linked to us.

Is he any good, good enough for the first team or even the bench.

If we're doing 433,

But we’ve signed him. This obviously indicates the manager sees him as a potential starter ahead of a few you’ve mentioned.

Why wouldn’t we want him now?

Get him in now, if he’s good enough for he first team, or at least the bench then he’ll get plenty of game time given the number of injuries and suspensions we have in midfield.

Teams are given carte blanche to kick the phuck out of our midfielders, so agreed. Get him in

He is going to be a huge favourite at Ibrox.

I have really noticed him this season, long before we were linked. He's a terrific player. All action. Always on the go. Has a trick in him. Good in the tackle. Keeps play moving through him well.

I'll tell you, the business we've done this window and last is astonishing. Absolutely astonishing. :)

Although it's a pre-contract, I see him as our player now so get him in. I don't want to see him playing for Dundee where he may now get targeted by players who are - let's call them - "non-Rangers fans".

Likewise Jones.

Sounds promising

20190111-132341.jpg

Actually nice to see someone from another Scottish club acting like an adult about a transfer to Rangers for once.

I’d rather we get him here ASAP he’ll improve a lot quicker working with a better quality of player everyday and our coaching staff and would then have a good platform to go into the summer and next season with.

If we're doing 433,

There's every chance he'd feature mate.

Both Jack and Arfield missed a good amount of games in the 1st half of the season.

We need at least 6 quality mids to mount a proper title challenge.

Agreed. Why spend, say £50+k on him the now where chances for him might be limited. I'd rather he stay at Dundee, get another 15+ games under his belt and show Gerrard and the support what he's about.

But, as I understand, McIntyre doesn't rate him, he's not a first pick and when he does play he's going backwards.
Get him in, get him fit, used to his specific role and our approach, get his confidence up, see how he settles. You never know with injuries, suspensions, loss of form, he probably will get an opportunity.

Get him in now, if he’s good enough for he first team, or at least the bench then he’ll get plenty of gametime given the number of injuries and suspensions we have in midfield.

That's it. We've a long way to go with all manner of obstacles and BS to deal with along the way. Anything that makes us stronger is fine with me.

If we're doing 433,

I’d rather him with us before Coulibally and sadly Rossiter tbh.

Looks fast and can use both feet. Tackles well which is good unless our referees eyes have their usual blueshirtitis syndrom where they see every tackle by someone in a light blue shirt as a foul.

If we're doing 433,
Nope. If we can get him in now, get him in. We are after all trying to push for a title!

Next season's Euro qualifiers will start around July 1, get him in now and get him used to our system.
We need everyone ready for another 2 games a week season.
Let's go.

Anybody who watches our games will know that Kamara in both games last season at Ibrox and against us in the 1-1 draw at Dens this season was an absolute stand out. He puts himself about more than Coulibaly to win balls, he is as difficult as Ejaria was to get the ball off.. difference is he has vision and can make a pass, you can clearly see the typical Wenger Arsenal Academy quality in him. He is a fine piece of business for free.

Yes he is, wins the ball a lot and very hard to shake off it, his game is like Kante of Chelsea, not that he is as good as him I may add, but I think he will prove a lot of people wrong

I agree with yourself, if S.G.doesn't know a good midfielder, nobody will.
I think this boy will turn out to be a very good player for us, as he looks comfy.on the ball and i think could be a good team player, and a hard worker.
I maybe wrong, but i don't think so, and with better players around him, i think he'll shine playing for us.imo.

Really great news, would love to have him in the squad for the 2nd half of the season.

If we're doing 433,

Halliday is very much the left back cover now. In fact, first choice with Barisic injured.

I suspect that 3 will be the main choice, but Rossiter and Dorrans aren't reliable cover just now. That leaves McCrorie and Coulibaly, who are similar to each other in many ways, being better off the ball than on it.

Kamara would get some games for us if he signs just now.

If Kamara joined the now, I’d let Coulibaly go back to Angers.

I think we should consider this too Stanley, but if we get another attack minded guy in. Kamara looks a Coulibaly type in that he seems to be pacy & mobile, but probably more skilful than powerful ?
If Couli & Ejaria are replaced by Davis & Kamara, then an extra attacking guy would have this bear happy.

Halliday is very much the left back cover now. In fact, first choice with Barisic injured.

I suspect that 3 will be the main choice, but Rossiter and Dorrans aren't reliable cover just now. That leaves McCrorie and Coulibaly, who are similar to each other in many ways, being better off the ball than on it.

Kamara would get some games for us if he signs just now.

Agreed. A number of our midfielders are barely fit for purpose. Plus, we just lost Ejaria in an area of the field we were already struggling in the first half of the season. It's very easy for a squad containing 5 or 6 midfielders to be whittled down to 2 or 3 as a result of injuries and suspensions. We could probably do with getting some midfielders off the books but I don't think we currently have an abundance of talented midfielders to call upon.

Why not Rossiter & one of the strikers ? It benefits us indirectly if they get top level game time ?

Maybe. It would depend how badly we want Kamara this window and how tough Dundee want to be in the negotiations. I live in Dundee and have a soft spot for the club. Rossiter alone will do next to nothing for Dundees chances of staying up. If I know that then I assume Jim McIntyre knows it too.

Back