Did Owen Coyle admit to Celtic tapping him?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547219391

COYLE says Desmond offered him the Celtic and he agreed to take it, They then decide to let Burnley's celebrations take place before Celtic contact Burnley about taking Celtic as manager, is it different rules for managers or has Coyle just admitted to being tapped by Celtic?
giphy.gif

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547219391

COYLE says Desmond offered him the Celtic and he agreed to take it, They then decide to let Burnley's celebrations take place before Celtic contact Burnley about taking Celtic as manager, is it different rules for managers or has Coyle just admitted to being tapped by Celtic?

It certainly appears to be the case from that article.

But my recollection of the reason for turning the job down was due to his wife being unwilling to bring up two Primary School kids in Glasgow area when their dad was manager of Celtic.

But my recollection of the reason for turning the job down was due to his wife being unwilling to bring up two Primary School kids in Glasgow area when their dad was manager of Celtic.

Similar story from me too. I know one of his brothers well, and he said at the time,
After a family meeting, the thought of getting involved in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, wasn't worth it.

Similar story from me too. I know one of his brothers well, and he said at the time,
After a family meeting, the thought of getting involved in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, wasn't worth it.

I always remember around that time Only An Excuse describing him as "Celtic-daft, but not THAT daft, Owen Coyle" :D

It’s not compulsory to live in Glasgow if you work for Rangers or Celtic. Mo Johnston managed to live his life ffs.

Owen sounds a bit of a shitebag if that’s true.

Rumour I heard was allegedly he was due a bonus (£1m I believe) if he managed Burnley in the top league. Think he wanted to manage them for one game then go to Celtic

Didn’t his brothers work Glasgow city council

There’s some truth here but not the whole truth.

I worked with him around this time. He was offered their job and had verbally accepted but they went behind his back and offered it to someone else.

He ended up at Houston Dynamo.

Rumour I heard was allegedly he was due a bonus (£1m I believe) if he managed Burnley in the top league. Think he wanted to manage them for one game then go to Celtic

Didn’t his brothers work Glasgow city council

2 of them did, I think

They tapped up Martin O'Neill too, Davie Provan was asked by a well placed source if he could contact O'Neill and ask him if he would interested in the Celtic job, O'Neill in this case was, if it had come out that O'Neill had turned down the chance then the mhanks could say there was never official interest, suppose it happens all the time.

Back