What Will Be the Next Big Change in Football?

Woman's football becoming more main stream and popular. Alot of clubs investing more and more into the woman's league, like us, hearts etc. Can see more games getting televised as the years go on.

No chance. They're shite.

mega clubs playing a rolling 12 month champions league with an apertura/clausura then play-offs with squads of 50-60 players rotated. play 50-60 league games across the year, with 'home games' in a variety of cities eg: Madrid, Shanghai, Bangkok, Singapore, Doha, Mumbai etc

'clubs' are basically franchise brands that travel the world raking in cash and cache for their oligarch owners.

Over the years we have seen everything from professionalism to the offside rule, from continental competitions and the World Cup to foreign owners and from the Bosman rule to major tv contracts and wall to wall matches.

VAR aside, what do we think will be the next big change in the game?
Bye kick not having to leave the box is defo on the cards.

there needs to be a re-evaluation of carding

hard foul that injures someone = calling the ref a dick

dissent should see another card shown that doesn't work towards a red (unless we are talking excessive)
and after X amount of "dissent cards" - get a ban

The way all this gender equality nonsense is going I can honestly see them having teams of both male and female players.

clock stops when there are injuries free kicks etc. I can see a sin bin also being introduced. The one thing I would like to see again borrowing from rugby is that only the captain can talk to the ref and no back chat from other players.

World Football: A core elite leauge with teams from the major 5-8 European Leagues.
Scottish Football: Multi ball system.

Totally disagree. I’ve actually watched a few rangers ladies games and thoroughly enjoyed them. BBC has had a few woman’s games on tv aswell.
Disagree all you want but the fact is the game is utter dross.

Sure there are some good players but the overall standard is abysmal.

All of this won’t stop it becoming more prevalent on TV because the broadcasters will lap it up as it’s a cheap slot filler & hip cool & trendy companies will buy the advertising slots.

I predict that to make up for the undoubted & unquestionable physical & strength differences between men & women they will tinker with the size of goals/pitches & duration of games in order to make it more appealing.

I’ll expect a ban & a multitude of abuse for being a sexist pig.

Disagree all you want but the fact is the game is utter dross.

Sure there are some good players but the overall standard is abysmal.

All of this won’t stop it becoming more prevalent on TV because the broadcasters will lap it up as it’s a cheap slot filler & hip cool & trendy companies will buy the advertising slots.

I predict that to make up for the undoubted & unquestionable physical & strength differences between men & women they will tinker with the size of goals/pitches & duration of games in order to make it more appealing.

I’ll expect a ban & a multitude of abuse for being a sexist pig.

Could say many leagues are dross yet get TV time and are very popular. You can disagree all you want but the facts are there.

You might not like it but watch this space.

The slide tackle is doomed, instead of punishing the Neymars for rolling around like fannies it will be easier to ban the slide tackle. It's already on the chopping block if any studs are showing. That will be Neymars legacy.
On the other side the clutching and grabbing at corner kicks should be a penalty very few are called compared to the ones we see ignored on replays.

european super league ,based on the american franchise system ,buy in fees ,worldwide tv rights .possibly a world club league ,tv will rule football .

The length of a match, reducing it to 60 minutes with time getting stopped when the ball isn’t in play which would make time wasting ineffective and make the game more exciting.

Said this last season they should bring this in immediately and especially with VAR. time wasting is a joke as is ball boys not throwing the ball back and it works every time as the refs never add on the time. Teams slow the game down like the sheep from the 20th minute and it’s not sporting at all.

I would fucking hate this to happen. Can’t stand how the top leagues are being whored out for cash.

Same, but I think eventually it's inevitable. Not sure how they'll work it but maybe changes to the Charity Shield and playing that abroad could be one of the more likely ways.

I just can't see the English FA / Premier League looking at other countries doing it and having all that money to themselves.

Same, but I think eventually it's inevitable. Not sure how they'll work it but maybe changes to the Charity Shield and playing that abroad could be one of the more likely ways.

I just can't see the English FA / Premier League looking at other countries doing it and having all that money to themselves.
Half and half scarves were the start of it in my opinion

3x 30 minute sections to fit in more advertising revenue for the TV companies who let's face it now call the shots.

Harsher FFP rules to stop teams like Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool using billionaire owners money to buy success.

I reckon they will bring a 3rd card into play sin bin or something along those lines. Hopefully not but can see it. Rather than teams getting the double whammy of a player getting sent of and getting suspended for the following game/games!

I think it’s only a matter of time until Rangers are playing in a domestic league that is more suited to a club of our size. It might not happen in our lifetimes but it’ll happen.

The length of a match, reducing it to 60 minutes with time getting stopped when the ball isn’t in play which would make time wasting ineffective and make the game more exciting.
Works for me.

Completely immersive viewing experience.

Pop some goggles on at home and sit in any seat in any stadium and watch the game live from the couch - for a no doubt ridiculous price.

Nothing substantial.

VAR is too expensive to be rolled out consistently, and hasn’t actually resolved many situations correctly on a consistent basis.

Stopping the clock won’t suit TV broadcasting schedules so won’t happen. At the moment we know when a game will finish, to within a two/three minute tolerance. A change to that would be vetoed by broadcasters who need games to finish at specific times to fit in with their broadcast schedules.

The next big change in Scottish Football will be the rest of the club's realising they were hoodwinked by the puddle drinkers back in 2012 .

Back