Charlton Athletic - Loving Cup Ceremony

The article says that they believe there's only 5 left in existence, but I'm not sure that's correct.

I'm sure I read that Karen Brady 'discovered' one at Birmingham and she'd been using it as an Umbrella stand!

There was definitely one at Preston North End as I saw it in a glass cabinet on a visit to the English Football Museum which used to be located under one of their stands, mind you that was 11 or 12 years ago I think.

The article says that they believe there's only 5 left in existence, but I'm not sure that's correct.

I'm sure I read that Karen Brady 'discovered' one at Birmingham and she'd been using it as an Umbrella stand!

There was definitely one at Preston North End as I saw it in a glass cabinet on a visit to the English Football Museum which used to be located under one of their stands, mind you that was 11 or 12 years ago I think.

Delete.

Read it wrong.

The article also says that only WBA, Everton and Stoke still carry out the ceremony.

Loving Cup mentioned in this match programme from 1st January 1953

gn722.png

Is our loving cup ceremony not the game before the new year ? or was it changed because we played the unwashed,haven't seen any videos of it and seems a bit odd if we're having it halfway into January against the Fins.

Is our loving cup ceremony not the game before the new year ? or was it changed because we played the unwashed,haven't seen any videos of it and seems a bit odd if we're having it halfway into January against the Fins.

is it not the first game of the new year at home? regardless of when that is

2nd consecutive year? Is that a tradition for them yet? Not sure we’ve missed a year have we?

I hope the club tweet a vid of toast this year. Send it far and wide bears. I’m sick of people down here not knowing about our unionist ties.

Back