Scott doesn't give a toss about Broonaldo!

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
@GranvillusClutterbuckus

Has edited the OP to make it easier to read .... See the post half way down the page......

~~~~~~~~~~

Scott Arfield says he's not bothered how Scott Brown feels about him mimicking his celebration.

He isn't concerned what Scott Brown thinks about anythingArfield mimicked his 'Broony' celebration at him in last month's Old Firm victoryThe midfielder admitted he isn't bothered if the Celtic man has forgiven him Scott Arfield watched from afar as Scott Brown got into the minds of his opponents and dominated Old Firm games for years. Giving a bit back by mimicking the 'Broony' celebration right under his nose was not, the Rangers midfielder insists, a planned ploy. But in many ways it summed up the new confidence that seemed to course through Steven Gerrard's side as they recorded that potentially pivotal derby victory back on December 29. A fortnight on, Arfield remains a little nonplussed by all the online fuss his copycat routine attracted. As for what Brown, thought of it? Well, he most definitely isn't troubled by that. Whether or not the Celtic skipper took offence hasn't been a consideration. Scott Arfield taunted Scott Brown by mimicking the 'Broony' celebration in last month's win Asked if he felt Brown was the kind to accept it having dished out similar treatment in the past, the 30-year-old said: 'Possibly. To be honest, I am not that bothered. 'I am not bothered about what he thinks about anything. I am worried about winning games for Rangers. 'It was one of those things, I can't even remember (doing) it. I got home and my mate showed me it and I have seen it 300 times now. ': Jermain Defoe relishing wearing No 9 for Rangers after agreeing loan move'He asked me if I fancied it': Jermain Defoe admits Kenny Miller helped persuade him to join Rangers seven months before completing a moveRangers boss Steven Gerrard puts his players through rigorous fitness tests at training camp in Tenerife... but it's all too much for defender Joe Worrall'People tend to see the things they want to see': Director of football Mark Allen claims Alfredo Morelos is the REAL victim as he says Ranger striker should be given more protectionAmerican left-back Andrew Gutman opts to sign for Celtic despite trial last month with rivals Rangers 'I can't remember when it was in the game and I haven't watched the game back. It was a spur of the moment. I was appealing for a foul I think, I have no idea. 'There are a few things that you need to win this game, he has done it for years and probably got in the head of players a lot easier with different players. 'It is mind games at the end of the day. He has done it for years. But that wasn't my thinking, it was just spur of the moment. It was to win the game..' That Rangers did so with comfort was in stark contrast to Arfield's Old Firm debut back in September. Then it was Celtic's whose dominance was not properly reflected by a 1-0 scoreline. The post-Christmas rematch saw the champions denied any space to breathe as Gerrard's men relentlessly hounded their opponents. It was a strategy most obviously effective in central midfield as Brown and Olivier Ntcham were brushed aside. 'You have to win it to win this game,' said Arfield of the midfield contest.. 'If you look at the midfield three of me, Jacko (Ryan Jack) and Ross (McCrorie), we won those battles and that is why we won the game. The Rangers star clashed with his Celtic counterpart Brown in the last Old Firm derby 'At Parkhead, we probably never won them and that is why they won it. In any big game, and particularly this game, it is winning the key battles and the key areas. 'Before the Parkhead game, we had the flight back from Russia (after the final Europa League qualifier against Ufa) and maybe that was a factor in our minds, subconsciously. 'But this game allowed us to get in their faces. It was the same sort of performance as some of the European games - particularly Villarreal away and at home - and the intensity with which we played allowed me to get up there. 'As soon as he (Brown) starts dictating the game, Celtic are off to a flier.. You know you need to be up there and you know the other two in midfield have the ability as well.' You might think a player so central to Rangers' first Old Firm success in 13 attempts would want to relive every minute by poring over footage during the winter break. But the midfielder says: 'I am not bothered about what he (Brown) thinks about anything' Not Arfield. What he sees in his mind's eye has been enough to sustain him. It is a policy he tends to adopt in defeat as well as victory. 'After the Parkhead game, I was away on international duty and I never watched that game back until a couple of weeks later,' said West Lothian-born Arfield, who represents Canada. 'That was good for me. 'Obviously we lost the game and I reflected on it going into the next game. But I got away from it and I never read anything good or bad about the game. I have done the same again. 'I went away with the kids to Centre Parcs and have not seen anything. I have not seen the game back, I don't want to watch it back. It is fresh in my mind and I know what I did. I know how I played, I know how we played.' What those memories now do for Rangers is the key. Bolstered by the additions of Jermain Defoe and Steven Davis, there is widening belief that Gerrard's squad could push Celtic all the way in what promises to be a fascinating second half of the season. Rangers have boosted their squad with the arrivals of Jermain Defoe (R) and Steven Davis (L) 'I think the belief has always been there,' insisted Arfield, who joined Rangers from Burnley last summer. 'But it can take a result like that for it to get into everybody and for the fans to believe. For us in the dressing room, the belief has always been there and we want to be successful as soon as possible. 'It does amplify it when you get a result like that and it was a comfortable victory in the end. 'I used to watch the Old Firm games all the time before I came to the club. Of course, there has been a gulf in class over the last years, the results tell you that and you don't need to watch the performances. I have watched every one of them and thankfully we have got the bragging rights until the next one. 'When I walked through those doors to sign that contract, this is the game that you are naturally drawn to and the game you want to win as much as possible. Now we have done it. 'I had the opportunity to walk off the pitch having given that to the fans and that result was for all of them that have stuck with the club through thick and thin. Hopefully it is the start of good times.' RELATED ARTICLESTimothy Weah says superstar father George urged him to join Celtic and work with Brendan Rodgers'To have the chance to join another massive football club, it's a dream': Jermain Defoe relishing wearing No 9 for Rangers after agreeing loan move'He asked me if I fancied it': Jermain Defoe admits Kenny Miller helped persuade him to join Rangers seven months before completing a moveRangers boss Steven Gerrard puts his players through rigorous fitness tests at training camp in Tenerife... but it's all too much for defender Joe Worrall'People tend to see the things they want to see': Director of football Mark Allen claims Alfredo Morelos is the REAL victim as he says Ranger striker should be given more protection.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

That dropped ball between Arfield and Brown was fantastic. It was well won by Scott.

But Brown was made to look like the complete tit he really is, with all those panicking clearances and falling over his own fat neanderthal arse.

It was a joy to behold that prick getting payback. Watched the full 90 minutes again tonight.... had a few wee tears of joy at the FT whistle.

Last edited:
"Andrew Gutman opts to sign for Celtic despite trial last month with rivals Rangers." :D:D:D

That dropped ball between Arfield and Brown was fantastic. It was well won by Scott.

But Brown was made to look like the complete tit he really is, with all those panicking clearances and falling over his own fat neanderthal arse.

It was a joy to behold that prick getting payback. Watched the full 90 minutes again tonight.... had a few wee tears of joy at the FT whistle.
I've done the same - Weans in bed, Cargo in the Fridge and watched the game again. Can't fucking wait for this 2nd half of the season now.

This is a chance like no other.

Brown looks as if he's done.

Griffiths is done.

Wonder boy appears to have a long term injury.

That's their beating heart
Let's go.

One things for sure we put a marker down how to play those over rated fucks

If we go to the piggery within 3 points and win they will implode

The pressure the scum fans will put on their club officials and sfa will be immense they will crack

Reformatted to make it a bit easier to read.

Rangers star Scott Arfield says he's not bothered how Scott Brown feels about him mimicking his celebration
  • Rangers' Scott Arfield isn't concerned what Scott Brown thinks about anything
  • Arfield mimicked his 'Broony' celebration at him in last month's Old Firm victory
  • The midfielder admitted he isn't bothered if the Celtic man has forgiven him
By MARK WILSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 23:21 GMT, 11 January 2019 | UPDATED: 23:23 GMT, 11 January 2019

Scott Arfield watched from afar as Scott Brown got into the minds of his opponents and dominated Old Firm games for years.

Giving a bit back by mimicking the 'Broony' celebration right under his nose was not, the Rangers midfielder insists, a planned ploy. But in many ways it summed up the new confidence that seemed to course through Steven Gerrard's side as they recorded that potentially pivotal derby victory back on December 29.

A fortnight on, Arfield remains a little nonplussed by all the online fuss his copycat routine attracted. As for what Brown, thought of it? Well, he most definitely isn't troubled by that. Whether or not the Celtic skipper took offence hasn't been a consideration.

8420852-6583417-Scott_Arfield_taunted_Scott_Brown_by_mimicking_the_Broony_celebr-a-102_1547248979647.jpg

Scott Arfield taunted Scott Brown by mimicking the 'Broony' celebration in last month's win

Asked if he felt Brown was the kind to accept it having dished out similar treatment in the past, the 30-year-old said: 'Possibly. To be honest, I am not that bothered.

'I am not bothered about what he thinks about anything. I am worried about winning games for Rangers.

'It was one of those things, I can't even remember (doing) it. I got home and my mate showed me it and I have seen it 300 times now. It went mad.

'I can't remember when it was in the game and I haven't watched the game back. It was a spur of the moment. I was appealing for a foul I think, I have no idea.

'There are a few things that you need to win this game, he has done it for years and probably got in the head of players a lot easier with different players.

'It is mind games at the end of the day. He has done it for years. But that wasn't my thinking, it was just spur of the moment. It was to win the game..' That Rangers did so with comfort was in stark contrast to Arfield's Old Firm debut back in September. Then it was Celtic's whose dominance was not properly reflected by a 1-0 scoreline.

The post-Christmas rematch saw the champions denied any space to breathe as Gerrard's men relentlessly hounded their opponents. It was a strategy most obviously effective in central midfield as Brown and Olivier Ntcham were brushed aside.

'You have to win it to win this game,' said Arfield of the midfield contest.. 'If you look at the midfield three of me, Jacko (Ryan Jack) and Ross (McCrorie), we won those battles and that is why we won the game.

8420826-6583417-The_Rangers_star_clashed_with_his_Celtic_counterpart_Brown_in_th-a-103_1547248986548.jpg

The Rangers star clashed with his Celtic counterpart Brown in the last Old Firm derby

'At Parkhead, we probably never won them and that is why they won it. In any big game, and particularly this game, it is winning the key battles and the key areas.

'Before the Parkhead game, we had the flight back from Russia (after the final Europa League qualifier against Ufa) and maybe that was a factor in our minds, subconsciously.

'But this game allowed us to get in their faces. It was the same sort of performance as some of the European games - particularly Villarreal away and at home - and the intensity with which we played allowed me to get up there.

'As soon as he (Brown) starts dictating the game, Celtic are off to a flier.. You know you need to be up there and you know the other two in midfield have the ability as well.'

You might think a player so central to Rangers' first Old Firm success in 13 attempts would want to relive every minute by poring over footage during the winter break.

8420804-6583417-image-a-99_1547248567396.jpg

But the midfielder says: 'I am not bothered about what he (Brown) thinks about anything'

Not Arfield. What he sees in his mind's eye has been enough to sustain him. It is a policy he tends to adopt in defeat as well as victory.

'After the Parkhead game, I was away on international duty and I never watched that game back until a couple of weeks later,' said West Lothian-born Arfield, who represents Canada. 'That was good for me.

'Obviously we lost the game and I reflected on it going into the next game. But I got away from it and I never read anything good or bad about the game. I have done the same again.

'I went away with the kids to Centre Parcs and have not seen anything. I have not seen the game back, I don't want to watch it back. It is fresh in my mind and I know what I did. I know how I played, I know how we played.'

What those memories now do for Rangers is the key. Bolstered by the additions of Jermain Defoe and Steven Davis, there is widening belief that Gerrard's squad could push Celtic all the way in what promises to be a fascinating second half of the season.

8420944-6583417-image-m-101_1547248678120.jpg

Rangers have boosted their squad with the arrivals of Jermain Defoe (R) and Steven Davis (L)

'I think the belief has always been there,' insisted Arfield, who joined Rangers from Burnley last summer.

'But it can take a result like that for it to get into everybody and for the fans to believe. For us in the dressing room, the belief has always been there and we want to be successful as soon as possible.

'It does amplify it when you get a result like that and it was a comfortable victory in the end.

'I used to watch the Old Firm games all the time before I came to the club. Of course, there has been a gulf in class over the last years, the results tell you that and you don't need to watch the performances. I have watched every one of them and thankfully we have got the bragging rights until the next one.

'When I walked through those doors to sign that contract, this is the game that you are naturally drawn to and the game you want to win as much as possible. Now we have done it.

'I had the opportunity to walk off the pitch having given that to the fans and that result was for all of them that have stuck with the club through thick and thin. Hopefully it is the start of good times.'

Love the contempt and disdain shown to the plastic hard man with the glaikit stare. I’ve got a feeling he knows he’s out his depth and will scuttle off to Australia.

Much like that other hard man Roy Aitken who couldn’t cope with Souness and a bit of stick from Gerry McNee and ran away to Newcastle.

Since when did it become a 'celebration'?
It was Brown trying to act the hard man towards Diouf and if anything it was Diouf himself who turned it into a 'celebration' when he was the one holding the trophy at the end of the season and got last laugh on that plastic hard man Brown.
The beggars do love re-writing history and to claim things as their own.

Arfield's mixed it with some of the best in the business down south so I don't think he's going to give a monkeys about upsetting the likes of Brown.

The press have really sucked their cocks over the last 15 years or so , hate this “ Broony” celebration stuff FF’s does he have a patent on it , like the “huddle” the press always attribute to them or the “poznan” they are not original at anything unless it’s something the press seem to be loathe to mention.

We don't do walking away but Celtic will soon when they lose the top league spot and Broony's stare evaporates when he trudges off the pitch

Arfield gave Broon an absolute chasing in the Old Firm game.

Halliday got MOTM but for me Arfield was our top performer that day.

He absolutely dominated the lego muncher and doing the Dioufy in his face near the end of the game felt, to me, symbolic.

It was Arfield lording it over Broon and saying I'm younger than you, I'm fitter than you, I'm better than you - get used to this because I'm the one who's going to be dominating this fixture going forward.

I’m elated we’ve got our swagger back. The past few years we’ve watched a team of gutless, spineless shit bags whilst playing that mob, the days of taking tankings off them are well and truly over.

We know it, they know it, everyone knows it.

We’ve got our Rangers back.

WATP.

Loved Arfield’s attitude in that game, precisely what we’ve been missing for years.
The drop ball was one of the best things I’ve seen at Ibrox in years!!! The way he jockeyed and hustled before the drop and then got stuck right fucking in was a sheer and utter fucking joy to watch. BroonTitTit looked washed up. It also looked like the decisive battle that turned the tide.
Encore!

Arfield knows it’s about mentality and not letting your opponent win the mindset battle

Go in thinking you’ll lose and you will lose

Positive mental attitude and not giving a phuck attitude helps win games

We need to keep that mindset up and not just against St Pats FC. All games we have to go out like that and win.

Reformatted to make it a bit easier to read.

Rangers star Scott Arfield says he's not bothered how Scott Brown feels about him mimicking his celebration
  • Rangers' Scott Arfield isn't concerned what Scott Brown thinks about anything
  • Arfield mimicked his 'Broony' celebration at him in last month's Old Firm victory
  • The midfielder admitted he isn't bothered if the Celtic man has forgiven him
By MARK WILSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 23:21 GMT, 11 January 2019 | UPDATED: 23:23 GMT, 11 January 2019

Scott Arfield watched from afar as Scott Brown got into the minds of his opponents and dominated Old Firm games for years.

Giving a bit back by mimicking the 'Broony' celebration right under his nose was not, the Rangers midfielder insists, a planned ploy. But in many ways it summed up the new confidence that seemed to course through Steven Gerrard's side as they recorded that potentially pivotal derby victory back on December 29.

A fortnight on, Arfield remains a little nonplussed by all the online fuss his copycat routine attracted. As for what Brown, thought of it? Well, he most definitely isn't troubled by that. Whether or not the Celtic skipper took offence hasn't been a consideration.

8420852-6583417-Scott_Arfield_taunted_Scott_Brown_by_mimicking_the_Broony_celebr-a-102_1547248979647.jpg

Scott Arfield taunted Scott Brown by mimicking the 'Broony' celebration in last month's win

Asked if he felt Brown was the kind to accept it having dished out similar treatment in the past, the 30-year-old said: 'Possibly. To be honest, I am not that bothered.

'I am not bothered about what he thinks about anything. I am worried about winning games for Rangers.

'It was one of those things, I can't even remember (doing) it. I got home and my mate showed me it and I have seen it 300 times now. It went mad.

'I can't remember when it was in the game and I haven't watched the game back. It was a spur of the moment. I was appealing for a foul I think, I have no idea.

'There are a few things that you need to win this game, he has done it for years and probably got in the head of players a lot easier with different players.

'It is mind games at the end of the day. He has done it for years. But that wasn't my thinking, it was just spur of the moment. It was to win the game..' That Rangers did so with comfort was in stark contrast to Arfield's Old Firm debut back in September. Then it was Celtic's whose dominance was not properly reflected by a 1-0 scoreline.

The post-Christmas rematch saw the champions denied any space to breathe as Gerrard's men relentlessly hounded their opponents. It was a strategy most obviously effective in central midfield as Brown and Olivier Ntcham were brushed aside.

'You have to win it to win this game,' said Arfield of the midfield contest.. 'If you look at the midfield three of me, Jacko (Ryan Jack) and Ross (McCrorie), we won those battles and that is why we won the game.

8420826-6583417-The_Rangers_star_clashed_with_his_Celtic_counterpart_Brown_in_th-a-103_1547248986548.jpg

The Rangers star clashed with his Celtic counterpart Brown in the last Old Firm derby

'At Parkhead, we probably never won them and that is why they won it. In any big game, and particularly this game, it is winning the key battles and the key areas.

'Before the Parkhead game, we had the flight back from Russia (after the final Europa League qualifier against Ufa) and maybe that was a factor in our minds, subconsciously.

'But this game allowed us to get in their faces. It was the same sort of performance as some of the European games - particularly Villarreal away and at home - and the intensity with which we played allowed me to get up there.

'As soon as he (Brown) starts dictating the game, Celtic are off to a flier.. You know you need to be up there and you know the other two in midfield have the ability as well.'

You might think a player so central to Rangers' first Old Firm success in 13 attempts would want to relive every minute by poring over footage during the winter break.

8420804-6583417-image-a-99_1547248567396.jpg

But the midfielder says: 'I am not bothered about what he (Brown) thinks about anything'

Not Arfield. What he sees in his mind's eye has been enough to sustain him. It is a policy he tends to adopt in defeat as well as victory.

'After the Parkhead game, I was away on international duty and I never watched that game back until a couple of weeks later,' said West Lothian-born Arfield, who represents Canada. 'That was good for me.

'Obviously we lost the game and I reflected on it going into the next game. But I got away from it and I never read anything good or bad about the game. I have done the same again.

'I went away with the kids to Centre Parcs and have not seen anything. I have not seen the game back, I don't want to watch it back. It is fresh in my mind and I know what I did. I know how I played, I know how we played.'

What those memories now do for Rangers is the key. Bolstered by the additions of Jermain Defoe and Steven Davis, there is widening belief that Gerrard's squad could push Celtic all the way in what promises to be a fascinating second half of the season.

8420944-6583417-image-m-101_1547248678120.jpg

Rangers have boosted their squad with the arrivals of Jermain Defoe (R) and Steven Davis (L)

'I think the belief has always been there,' insisted Arfield, who joined Rangers from Burnley last summer.

'But it can take a result like that for it to get into everybody and for the fans to believe. For us in the dressing room, the belief has always been there and we want to be successful as soon as possible.

'It does amplify it when you get a result like that and it was a comfortable victory in the end.

'I used to watch the Old Firm games all the time before I came to the club. Of course, there has been a gulf in class over the last years, the results tell you that and you don't need to watch the performances. I have watched every one of them and thankfully we have got the bragging rights until the next one.

'When I walked through those doors to sign that contract, this is the game that you are naturally drawn to and the game you want to win as much as possible. Now we have done it.

'I had the opportunity to walk off the pitch having given that to the fans and that result was for all of them that have stuck with the club through thick and thin. Hopefully it is the start of good times.'
Thank you!

All over Brown like a rash from kick off that day and out muscled him on countless occasions, as well as having way too much energy for him, despite not being 100% fit for the game.

Throw all that in, plus the fact he's scored the most goals and has the most assists of any midfielder in the league and you can see why he's one of the first names on our team sheet.

It's the Diouffy ffs Lego boy did it empty handed and it speaks volumes that his eyes are Shit at the drop ball plastic as %^*&.

For all the shit we throw his way, Brown was, is and will remain their main man for a while yet. He dictates their tempo. He HAD to be stopped for us to win. Make no mistake, Arfield dominating him went a huge way to winning us that match.

A guy who never got a kick against Kevin Thomson and Barry Ferguson and yet was allowed for far too long to lord about midfield against us by a bunch of players who were, let's be blunt, uterrly terrified of him. He had them beaten before kick off. A guy whose reputation had him a goal up before the whistle.

Arfield burst that particular bubble two weeks ago.

Arfield's performance that day reminded me of Alex Rae's against Lennon in 2004 when he took him on at his own game and completely bossed him.

Brown relies on his opponents fearing him. Arfield was never going to be scared of him.

The Broony hahaha who makes that shit up.
Bloody claiming a celebration as their own like they are the only ones to do it a bit like the huddle and YNWA.
Pathetic creepy bunch
Every thing they do or sing they take it as their own...PLEASE LOVE US

Loved Arfield’s attitude in that game, precisely what we’ve been missing for years.
The drop ball was one of the best things I’ve seen at Ibrox in years!!! The way he jockeyed and hustled before the drop and then got stuck right fucking in was a sheer and utter fucking joy to watch. BroonTitTit looked washed up. It also looked like the decisive battle that turned the tide.
Encore!

I agree. It was a massive psychological moment mate.

Back