Arsenal

Wacaktb

Official Ticketer
That has to be one of the strangest football matches I've ever seen...
Arsenal getting beat 1-0 and for the last 20-30 minutes they were just playing slow, sideways, backwards passes possession based football with short passes not even looking to really push for an equalizer with any urgency!!

Arsenal have a first team that’s full of squad players with the exception of lacazette and aubamayeng. The rest of them would get nowhere near Liverpool or Man City’s first 11. Some serious investment is required there.

Which isn’t going to happen

A real team of perennial losers.

The whole attitude and individual characters within that changing room are laughable.

What a weak willed team of absolutely fannies.

Why are they limited to loan signings only? What's going on there?

Posted it a thread yesterday. Due to some squad mismanagment, including poor player trading, and heavy wage bill, they are struggling with the EPL's version of FFP apparently in terms of how much you can increase wages by.

Im not sure how loans work in terms of that, but they have a revenue increase due in the sumer & will look to get some of the higher wages off their books that aren't essential moving forward, and that should help them re address the balance.

A lot of work to be done in terms of ins & outs though to get a better balanced squad.

Last edited:
Considering the huge tv money, the gate receipts generated from the most expensive stadium in the country and the years of CL money and cashing in on top players. You have to ask where has it all gone?

The arsenal board are another load of con men and shysters they have under invested in that team for at least 10 years they must have embezzled a fortune

The business model was sound until UEFA shat out of properly implementing FFP and with City & PSG being the catalyst for hyperinflation re player wages / transfer fees.

Posted it a thread yesterday. Due to some squad mismanagment, including poor player trading, and heavy wage bill, they are struggling with the EPL's version of FFP apparently in terms of how much you can increase wages by.

Im not sure how loans work in terms of that, but they have a revenue increase due in the sumer & will look to get some of the higher wages off their books that aren't essential moving forward, and that should help them re address the balance.

A lot of work to be done in term sof in & outs though to get a better balance.
Fair enough. If they get the rebuilding right it could be very interesting.

Unai Emery has a touch of the Pedro Caixinha about him.

Just a weird guy who seems to easily fall out with players, picks weird formations and constantly has to make substitutions to correct the howling cunt of it he made picking his starting 11.

His signings so far haven't exactly set the heather on fire either.

I don't know how it's possible but defensively they've gotten worse than they were under Wenger despite Emery deciding to use his whole summer budget on a Goalkeeper, Defenders and Defensive Midfielders to try and address that.

Looked like Arsenal were playing some bizarre 5-2-3 formation today.

They'll probably finish 6th again now that Man Utd have chased Mourinho.

Arsenal getting beat 1-0 and for the last 20-30 minutes they were just playing slow, sideways, backwards passes possession based football with short passes not even looking to really push for an equalizer with any urgency!!
Was thinking the same myself. It was like some of them had money in West Ham.

Just too many players who are nowhere near good enough.

Fair enough. If they get the rebuilding right it could be very interesting.

It's was always going to take time post Wenger. They don't have the money of the Manchester clubs, so they were always going to have try & improve the squad bit by bit each window, very much the same way Klopp has done with Liverpool.

Arsenal were mismanaged the past couple of years. I'm not even talking about by Wenger, but from the chief execs & the guys in charge of contracts & transfers etc.

Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Welbeck... 4 players at least who should have been sold not allowing them to go into their last year. £175M worth of players there almost, just allowed to leave for nothing, or even worse saddle you with £350k a week contracts in the case of Ozil. This hampers your ability to reinvest going forward.

Liverpool have shown the blueprint of how to build a team to challenge. You need a good manager, some patience, a bit of luck, and be clever in the market, both in terms of buying, but almost as importantly selling at the right time, to allow you to buy again. This is what the new regime at Arsenal need to aspire to, as the old regime was poor at this in the recent past.

A lot of work to be done in terms of ins & outs though to get a better balanced squad.

How much of a fuck do Man City, Chelsea, etc give to FFP?

There are ways and means around it.

It's just laziness and a lack of ambition.

How much of a fuck do Man City, Chelsea, etc give to FFP?

There are ways and means around it.

It's just laziness and a lack of ambition.

There are ways around it. City have owner that uses his companies to pump money in as inflated sponsorships. They were clever and put Mancini's pay off on their wage budget the year the EPL brought in their wages increase cap to allow them more wiggle room.

Chelsea have been a bit more conservative in recent years, but they are selling their youngsters & squad players well to allow them to invest in senior players.

Arsenals owners don't want to invest anything. There's nothing those that run the club day to day can do about that, that's up to him. They lost the Champions League revenue at the same time as being stuck in the middle of their commercial deals, so only this summer they will see an increase in their commercial revenue by £50M to allow them more freedom with regards wages.

Arsenal need to box clever. City have, Chelsea have. Liverpool have, & even Spurs have. Arsenal have been poor in that regard.

When Wegner settled for fourth in the league, and Champions League last 16, the club lost its ambition. They held onto a past it manager, and it will take some time to repair the damage.

That performance today was unacceptable in so many ways. Ramsey did his best to drive them on, but it was too little, too late.

Considering the huge tv money, the gate receipts generated from the most expensive stadium in the country and the years of CL money and cashing in on top players. You have to ask where has it all gone?
Doesn't Kroenke take a few million each year. I know that does not have much impact on their finances but it is a worrying trend in the boardroom.

If Spurs beat Man U at Wembley tomorrow, they'll be 10 points ahead of Arsenal, and about double their goal difference.

No better than when playing under wenger. Lucas toreira (spelling) has been in decent form and dropped for today. Their midfield lacks creativity espically with no ozil. The boy iwobi is a unit but I don’t think he’s a very good player. Under investment has cost them their top four position again

Surely not? There was a thing 2 weeks ago that Arsenal generate almost every single penny of their income and dont post a loss. How can you struggle against FFP if theres no outside cash and youre in profit?

Surely not? There was a thing 2 weeks ago that Arsenal generate almost every single penny of their income and dont post a loss. How can you struggle against FFP if theres no outside cash and youre in profit?

The main thing they are struggling with is the EPL's rule for Short Term Cost Control. It basically says that clubs can only raise their wage bill by £7M each season. You can increase that by increasing revenue through;
- increasing competion prize money (Arsenal dropped out the Champions League)
-increased sponsorship (Arsenals Adidas sponsorshop & new Emirates deal don't kick in until the summer)
-profit on transfer activity (Arsenal spent £65M+ net in the summer).

So, there's been a perfect storm of why they have struggled more than most with this particular reason. That and poor management of the squad, (not selling at the right time, overinvesting in contracts for the likes of Ozil giving them a very bloated wage bill).

Why were Bellerin, Ramsey and Torreira on the bench? Maitlan-Niles and Xhaka are shit.

The match was on in the pub but I wasn't paying much attention to it tbh.

Why were Bellerin, Ramsey and Torreira on the bench? Maitlan-Niles and Xhaka are shit.

The match was on in the pub but I wasn't paying much attention to it tbh.

Because Emery never picks the right starting 11.

It's why they've went in winning at half time about once this season.

Something is going on at Arsenal, abd it's not good. I dont know what’s going to unfold but it doesnt look good for that club. Shame!

So basicly this sounds like every Arsenal game since what...10 years?

Their dealings at the club with present players is one to think about.....gien a German international a new contract on £350,000 A WEEK, while he's not even kicking a baw for them and at the same time a Welsh international player who has been vital for them is given a free in the summer.

Mental stuff.

Arsenal are the English team I like, it goes back to my dad getting me an arsenal strip one year for my Xmas because of the Rangers link. When Arsenal are on song they are great to watch, but I couldn't believe what I saw yesterday, they just didn't look like Arsenal, sadly they are going backwards.

A real team of perennial losers.

The whole attitude and individual characters within that changing room are laughable.

What a weak willed team of absolutely fannies.
That's what happens when a clubs sole ambition is to finish 4th in the league each year.

Back