The old Rangers Shops - anyone got a list?

89-93 ish

Yes that is the Glasgow Programme shop that whole window down the right hand side of the shop think was match days only ?

Door on the right was the way in for programmes and another door for Rangers merchandise on left side not shown that clearly on the photo if memory serves me correct,

Also if you look closely behing the car you can see two sellers holding / selling what looks a fanzine either the same one or different ?

Like “ Aye Ready “ or even “Follow Follow “ really interesting photo

One in Partick, one in Irvine.

Was there not a sub outlet in the old weisfield stores what “everyone women wants” maybe that was the one mentioned in the tron gate sure was down there some was a massive goldbergs in the merchant city at the candelriggs that’s the one I was thinking mid 90’s

Was there not a sub outlet in the old weisfield stores what “everyone women wants” maybe that was the one mentioned in the tron gate sure was down there some was a massive goldbergs in the merchant city at the candelriggs that’s the one I was thinking mid 90’s
Not sure mate, I remember the Trongate store, the opening of the Partick store features in the old monthly video tapes the club once put out .
Younger bears can ask their parents what a video tape was..:cool:

Trongate was a store

I do remember now what is now Debenhams on Argyle Street there been a small outlet split with them inside that store

Goldbergs I can't remember see anything in there

Not sure about Weisfields either

There was one (briefly, as far as my memory serves me) in Hamilton. With the nick of Hamilton town centre these days, I find it hard to believe now.
Took over from a music shop if my memory serves me. Good chance it's a pound shop now

https://imgur.com/f6bYzNE

Some more pages here is quiet difficult to upload

https://imgur.com/f6bYzNE

Try and upload to one of those free sites for images, like this one: https://imgur.com/upload
And then you’ll get a link there that you can post.

I have a few catalogues from the 1980’s and 90’s can upload let’s me upload odd pages but they look like this

https://imgur.com/PWlrvNE

The blue room range quite good

Trongate was a store

I do remember now what is now Debenhams on Argyle Street there been a small outlet split with them inside that store

Goldbergs I can't remember see anything in there

Not sure about Weisfields either

Was it not downstairs in Littlewoods basement. That building eventually becoming Primark, but had JJB in the basement for a while?

Spent a small fortune in there
Got a fair chunk of my program colection from there as well as the clothing
Loved the place - even though it was like a packed subway train carriage at times

Yes I think once Glasgow Programmes the programme shop side moved out of that shop and was more space for Rangers merchandise it was better for the shop and as you say was fairly packed think they also had the a shop on Paisley Road far easier to view boxes when not so busy wasn’t too far from the ground ?

I remember it being easier to get a look at there programmes on a match day and buy when they where across the road from the shop on mafeking street on way up to the Copland and Govan corner , that’s of course if the weather was decent !

Still got a photo on my landing of my 6 month old grandson sitting in the old League cup with the League trophy and Scottish cup beside him. Taken in the Ayr shop,must have been 2003 as he was 16 last week:eek:

Just opened your links to the catalogues - Thanks

I still wear the gold RFC pendant from that catalogue,
f*cking hell that's 30 years ago, I'm still alive and still have the pendant around my neck!!!

I am glad that your still alive lol

Yes there was a solid silver crest pendant RFC necklace priced £10.95 / 18” has meant a lot to you and brought you some good luck!

You have the gold one priced £90.00 9ct + 35p postage if not bought in store do you have a scan thanks for sharing

As above EK; store opened in 1999. I was working next door in McDonalds at the time. I was taking rubbish out to the skip as Advocaat was driven to the rear entrance. He was opening the store (as in ceremonial opening - he didn’t drive about every day opening all the stores in the west of Scotland).

That’s a good story thanks for sharing

Don't know if it's been mentioned but there was a shop on St Vincent Street, just around the corner from Renfield Street.

Was it not downstairs in Littlewoods basement. That building eventually becoming Primark, but had JJB in the basement for a while?

Just seen this

No because this one was on the 3rd or 4th floor

Under JJB we had a small section in that store you post about at the back IRC

Back