Jones staying at Kilmarnock until summer

Bonnyloyal

Jones, 24, said: “I’m fully committed to Kilmarnock until the summer. I won’t leave in this window.

“Everyone has an opinion in football and they are maybe a bit upset in way it was done but my team-mates and gaffer know how committed it is.
“I need to show to the fans. Looking back at the tweet I was over excited and it was a bit of inexperience but I can’t take it back. I can only win them back with performances.

“I’ve always tried to give my best in two-and-a-half years and commitment never in question. That won’t change.
“It’s happened. The Rangers thing is put to the side until the summer. It’s old news. I’m fully focused on helping Kilmarnock.
“The only opinions that matters to me are the gaffer’s and manager. It’s up to me to change fans’ views.”
Clarke told supporters if they jeer his player they are in effect jeering himself.
The boss said: “I haven’t got an issue with pre-contracts. It’s part and parcel of the modern game. It changed when Bosman ruling came in.
“If the fans boo Jordan then they’re booing me as well because it will be my decision to select him.”

Said at the time that his tweet was a bit silly, but the lad was obviously buzzing after signing for Rangers. The bitterness that has poured out from Killie fans and others since is not surprising. Clarke has no other option but to select him as he is one of their best players.

The lad is a professional. He'll do his best for Killie until his contract expires. As an aside, I remember Kirk Broadfoot scored against us after signing a pre-contract agreement

Good luck to him for the rest of the season. He'll have to endure some amount of poison coming his way from every ground he goes too.

Not unsurprising, didn't really expect him to join this month.

Will be interesting to see if he plays against us next week, wouldn't be surprised if Clarke took him out of that one.

Between Clarke and himself they have agreed it’s for the better. If the game was say a month away it would have been fine. With it being the first game back after the break and Joardan having just signed it’s not ideal for Killie or himself.

That makes perfect sense

This wouldn't even be a story if he had signed a pre-contract anywhere else.

The video of the Killie anniversary celebrations when the fans are booing clips of JJ on the big screens whilst shouting "dirty f*cking hun" should've been a bigger story, but that doesn't fit the agenda within Scottish football and the compliant mhedia.

Fair play to Clarke for trying to downplay the situation.

Between Clarke and himself they have agreed it’s for the better. If the game was say a month away it would have been fine. With it being the first game back after the break and Joardan having just signed it’s not ideal for Killie or himself.

Makes sense, if we win and he plays there is only one person getting the blame.

Reasonable.

Just a pity that Scottish football fans outwith Rangers, are consumed by bitterness towards us.
Could you imagine one of our players signed a pre-contract with Celtic then posted 'Hail Hail' on Twitter despite having 6 months on his contract?

Could you imagine one of our players signed a pre-contract with Celtic then posted 'Hail Hail' on Twitter despite having 6 months on his contract?

Slightly different scenario mate.

I'll point you to the reception that Johnny Hayes & Lewis Morgan got when they announced they were signing for their "boyhood heroes".

Nothing but good luck's, all the best's and thanks for everything you've done's.

The only problem that people (Kilmarnock and others) have with Jordan Jones, is that he's a Rangers fan signing for Rangers.

Ach would have preferred him here now.
He’s a better option than young Middleton and Grezda.
Hopefully those 2 can kick on especially Grezda

He'll need to have a few spare sets of shin guards. Tim players all over will be out to make a name for themselves. Guaranteed. Injured within month....just watch.

He's made himself a target for every boot boy in the league and all because he is signing for the Rangers, can't remember any of this when Hayes and Morgan signed for the Tim's. Hope he comes through the rest of the games un scathed.

Good be nice to get him for nothing to think Kilmarnock thought 300k was derisory, Clarke said when he goes it will be for far more than that, think they wanted bidding to start at 800k.

Good deal for Gers.

Gerrard said in his press conference he has told both players to be professional they are still Dundee and Kilmarnock players

Back