Gerrard hopeful of agreeing a deal for USA midfielder Matt Polster

Doubt it would come as a surprise to many of us if Tav is away in the summer, hopefully for silly money. Flanagain to right back and this lad as his back up.

More likely that Polster has been signed with a view to being first choice next season with Flanagan as cover. If someone bids silly money in the summer for Tav.

Meh...

Can’t say I’m particularly impressed. Average pro who doesn’t particularly excel. Give me Tav anyday. Plenty better players plying their trade in MLS if we’re looking at that league. It might’ve worth noting Chicago finished second last in the East last season and fourth last in a 23 team league. They gave up 61 goals in 34 games, almost 2 a game on average

The state of this hahaha

2ryg1ht.jpg

Her story is her packing 2 big suitcases, for moving by the looks of it.

Meh...

Can’t say I’m particularly impressed. Average pro who doesn’t particularly excel. Give me Tav anyday. Plenty better players plying their trade in MLS if we’re looking at that league. It might’ve worth noting Chicago finished second last in the East last season and fourth last in a 23 team league. They gave up 61 goals in 34 games, almost 2 a game on average

Boiled, mashed, roasted or baked?

Meh...

With such an in depth knowledge of these better options within our budget I’d get on the phone to the gaffer pronto, while your at it ask for a job in our scouting department, you are clearly far better at it than our guys!

Cheer up mate, this guy is almost certainly a squad player but he may surprise us.

Fair play to him, can't be easy coming in on trial knowing you have a short window of time to stand out and impress enough.

Meh...

Embarrassing post and i don't just mean the chronic "meh" patter

More likely that Polster has been signed with a view to being first choice next season with Flanagan as cover. If someone bids silly money in the summer for Tav.
Possibly. If we get to the champions league,Tav may stay.
The squad as a whole may need a wee bit of trimming. Top heavy in midfield imho.

Possibly. If we get to the champions league,Tav may stay.
The squad as a whole may need a wee bit of trimming. Top heavy in midfield imho.

If we sell Alfie for millions and make the CL next season I'm hoping Tav will stay. We've other players we are developing to sell, we don't need to just rely on making money from Tav and Alfie. We can't aim for the CL and then sell our best players.

However we need a decent back up for Tav, he's played a full season already. If he got injured we would be in trouble imo.

If we sell Alfie for millions and make the CL next season I'm hoping Tav will stay. We've other players we are developing to sell, we don't need to just rely on making money from Tav and Alfie. We can't aim for the CL and then sell our best players.

However we need a decent back up for Tav, he's played a full season already. If he got injured we would be in trouble imo.
Fair points. CL money could mean we keep Alfedo & Tav(my preference)
Re Flanagan I think he is a good back up at right back.

d I think he’s got the potential to be a first-team player here at Rangers if the financials work.
"He’s one that could be interesting for the future.
What the manager said was 'has potential' and 'for the future'

The Englishman, who played against him during his season at LA Galaxy, feels Polster – who can also play at the back - has what it takes to improve the Ibrox side’s first team.
How the comics lie about it - 'he has what it takes to improve the first team'.
No, he did not. Arseholes.

With Coulibaly and Davis only loans, plus the interest in tav this would be a good move - if he is the right standard. Good to have versatile players and especially if they’re free!

Like others have said if the gaffer thinks he's good enough, that's good enough for me and if he can play in a couple of positions all the better,we could do with a utility player who was as good as John Brown, if he can be anything like that,great.

I can see Joe W being presented with a few gifts at training after that praise from SG, some nappies, dummies and rattles maybe :)):))

Does anyone know if he returned with the squad to Auchenhowie from Tenerife?

Hopefully, if he signs, he can be as good as Claudio Reyna ;)

He’s not a right back though? He can cover at right back according to someone. So you’ve came to the conclusion that he’s a right back and a right back only.
Nah I knew he could play in midfield, just asumed he’s be played at RB because we already have too many DMs. Fair enough I’ll rephrase my question. We already have 4 defensive midfielders at the club with kamara also coming in this window, do we need another one?

Nah I knew he could play in midfield, just asumed he’s be played at RB because we already have too many DMs. Fair enough I’ll rephrase my question. We already have 4 defensive midfielders at the club with kamara also coming in this window, do we need another one?

Coulibaly will be gone in the summer.
Rossiter, are you including him? Pretty pointless if so.
Kamara isn’t a defensive midfielder.

So he’s coming in to compete in the middle of the park, give cover at right back for Tav, allows to give Tav a game off here or there, he’s played every game this season I think.

Also, what says Tav isn’t to leave in the summer? Could easily receive a big bid for him.

Agreed, because, as we've already seen, Flanagan isn't suitable cover for Tav. Different type of full back entirely.

Coulibaly will be gone in the summer.
Rossiter, are you including him? Pretty pointless if so.
Kamara isn’t a defensive midfielder.

So he’s coming in to compete in the middle of the park, give cover at right back for Tav, allows to give Tav a game off here or there, he’s played every game this season I think.

Also, what says Tav isn’t to leave in the summer? Could easily receive a big bid for him.
Ah, an American with a history of knee injuries who can only cover at RB is our replacement for Tav. Fantastic how did I not see this masterstroke of a signing.

Kamara is a DM, we don’t need more defensive midfielders. Be interesting to see how long this guys contract is for.

Ah, an American with a history of knee injuries who can only cover at RB is our replacement for Tav. Fantastic how did I not see this masterstroke of a signing.

Kamara is a DM, we don’t need more defensive midfielders. Be interesting to see how long this guys contract is for.

I never once said he would be Tavs replacement, it was a possible scenario that he might leave. I’ve no idea how comfortable the guy is at right back, I’ve never seen him and i’d guess neither have you, get off your high horse.

I never once said he would be Tavs replacement, it was a possible scenario that he might leave. I’ve no idea how comfortable the guy is at right back, I’ve never seen him and i’d guess neither have you, get off your high horse.
Don’t be a snidey dick next time when you clearly don’t understand what you’re on about then

Don’t be a snidey dick next time when you clearly don’t understand what you’re on about then

What you even on about, don’t know what I’m on about? You think we’ve too many players clearly, I don’t.

Gerrards played against the guy, watched him in training, and in previous games. that’ll do for me until I can make a judgement for myself.

I really hope Steven Gerrard, ex England captain and Champions League winning midfield legend reads follow follow so he can see if we rate this guys footballing ability from a few youtube clips...

We’ve had a lot of luck with American players. Only Bedoya, who was with us at a difficult time , hasn’t really been a success for us. I’ll trust SG on this one and have a feeling, if he can stay fit, this will work out well for us.

Why are folk just assuming Tav will be off btw?

Nothing I've seen from him gives me the slightest impression of that. He loves it here & the club are more than happy to keep him unless a ridiculous offer comes in. Tav will be around long after we win 55 I reckon.

Back