Tonight’s game postponed

Any chance of another pitch inspection of is it definitely not going ahead. Hoping for a miracle and they give it a go haha.

Failed pitch inspection

It shouldn't be recognised as a football park, these clubs haven't got the finance's to keep going, it's a struggle for them every season.
I also think the screw should be put on these clubs that continue to use astroturf.omo.

Probably end up postponed against at the end of the month. Weather hardly likely to pick up then is it?
Won't matter, if frozen off again we would play it on the 9th Feb and our 5th round tie would just be delayed until a later date.
It will need to be played on the 30th - the 5th round is supposed to start weekend of the 9th February and we have Aberdeen away on the 6th, which would be the only other available slot.

If postponed again on 30th January

then

Monday 4th February or Tuesday 5th February if the clubs agree

Wednesday 6th February then Saturday 9th the back to Mon/Tues/Wed

That rules of the competition

I’d like to know our clubs thoughts on this decision-it seems from anecdotal evidence that there is no great frost in the local area and the park certainly looks in a decent condition.

It’s also fairly unusual for the home club, regardless of annoyance or inconvenience, to be anything other than diplomatic and reasonably supportive of an official decision.

I hope we had officials at the stadium already and I would like to hear their opinions ASAP.

how many times do we go through if there is any doubt that these clubs cant make the game work then its switched to Ibrox - Cowdenbeath (money wise) would fall over themselves to agree to this ?

Surely it's time to change the rules letting small clubs chose to lose home advantage if they choose"
Cowdenbeath could have made a fortune moving the game to Ibrox that could have set them up for a long time,they could have even payed for tickets and transport for their own supporters.

If postponed again on 30th January

then

Monday 4th February or Tuesday 5th February if the clubs agree

Wednesday 6th February then Saturday 9th the back to Mon/Tues/Wed

That rules of the competition

Haha what a shambles

2nimhoz.jpg
What are the chances of us winning a corner and the ref giving a goal kick? We'd probably never use that corner anyway

Had just left house. drove down to Asda Barrhead.
Was filling up with diesel and watching my phone lighting up like a Christmas tree.
Bastard.:mad:
Now back in house with a large Brandy.

Questions need to be asked about this.. seen videos and pictures of pitch and quotes from people on the pitch .saying it's all fine with the exception of a patch at a corner flag, also it seemly wasnt the match referee but a local ref who called it off

How can it be called off for that? Is it frozen under the sand or what? You could defrost that in five minutes with a blow torch ffs!

This is what happens when you let TV decide they want to play in Friday night I reckon if game had taken place during the warmer daytime game would have went ahead.

Fair doos but it’s a fvckin joke. 3 week winter shut down and first hint of frost games postponed.

That’s the thing, the shutdown was a reaction to situations like this, but over the past few years our bad weather seems to have shifted to January through until March. So it seems to be pointless now.

Who was the Ref that called it off and what school did he go to? At least I can do my grocery shopping now before the big snow storm tomorrow. (Canada not Cowdenbeath).

Back