Barisic

I can understand the frustration SG must feel when Barasic goes down but it’s not his fault when he takes a sore one. The answer though is to get up and play on (unless it really is a bad knock or a pull of course).

I thought the same listening to his interview, seemed a bit annoyed at him.

He knows how good Borna is and the difference he could make to our team if he was playing consistently.

Happened right in front of me.
He was clutching just below his knee, banging on ground and shaking his head. He got up fine when the physio got there and then walked off fine too.
Hopefully he just got a fright and is ok.

That's a couple of times he has questioned him now, previously calling for him to be more robust

Grezda and Barasic could be on very thin ice with the gaffer
Yea, I remember the robust comment. It's strange as he was club captain at Osijek, so you'd think he'd be a bit tougher. Needs to shave his head again and man up

Hardly Barisic's fault he's picked up a few injuries is it? A thigh injury and a hamstring. Can happen to anyone.

Feels a bit unrealistic for Gerrard to be losing patience. He's been in football his whole career, he knows players get injured.

Unless Barisic has been pretending to be injured since he's arrived all the body language experts might have jumped the gun imo.

Happened right in front of me.
He was clutching just below his knee, banging on ground and shaking his head. He got up fine when the physio got there and then walked off fine too.
Hopefully he just got a fright and is ok.

Right in front of me too bud, I thought it looked very serious then he walks off no issues.

It’s not his fault that he’s getting injured but he is lacking in the physical side of the game.

There’s no way Barasic makes that tackle that Halliday did at the start of the OF.

Gerrard is fuming at him.
giphy.gif

To be fair, I've seen Halliday in particular, do this too many times.
Very melodramatic thing to do, more so when you're up playing again a minute later.

Halliday went down like he had a broken ankle on a weekly basis for the first couple of seasons, then miraculously jumped up and was fine.

It didn't bother me that much, just like Borna being a bit "theatrical" (the first time I have seen him doing this)

The guy has had injuries, it happens.

Talk of "I wonder if Gerrard will name him in the squad vs Killie) because he punched he ground a couple of times is more drama queen pish than ironically him punching the ground.

My heart sank when I seen him injured, hope he's ok and was glad he walked off with no help.

I hope he can get a good run off games under him and prove he's not injury prone. I think we will just have to see how he goes. I'm not long home so haven't seen Stevies Interview yet.

Edit: just seen the Gaffers interview and he's not happy with Borna at all. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a mindset issue with Barisic rather than physical. This is strange tbh.

Last edited:
Yea. I see what others were saying about this.

Definitely something there about the way he views Borna. Seemed very frustrated when asked about his injury. Bordering on dismissive of the amount of squealing Borna did when he went down.

It looks to me like Gerrard thinks Borna is a bit soft.

The fact he also adds that the player was moving fine post match suggests as much.

To be fair, I've seen Halliday in particular, do this too many times.
Very melodramatic thing to do, more so when you're up playing again a minute later.

Yep, Halliday has looked in real trouble at times, only to be up and running soon after.

Not a major issue but my heart sank when I saw Barisic at the end. That looked like a player who had sustained a serious injury.

Can tell Gerrard seemed a bit exasperated when asked about Barisic and what happened to him when he went down "hitting the ground 55 times"

Just looks a bit scunnered. A slight concern about how fragile he has been and I am one of Bornas biggest supporters

When he played against us at Osijek he was bandaged up and looked like a warrior. Gerrard must have thought he was getting a player who'd put his body on the line for us. Maybe that's what is annoying him most.

I cannot believe he’s injured yet again . In a friendly .

Gerrard is fuming there and no wonder .

Halliday went down like he had a broken ankle on a weekly basis for the first couple of seasons, then miraculously jumped up and was fine.

It didn't bother me that much, just like Borna being a bit "theatrical" (the first time I have seen him doing this)

The guy has had injuries, it happens.

Talk of "I wonder if Gerrard will name him in the squad vs Killie) because he punched he ground a couple of times is more drama queen pish than ironically him punching the ground.

You might be right mate - we all want to see the guy become a big player for us as he clearly has ability - but there's no disguising Gerrard's annoyance in that interview.

We're not imagining it.

I don’t think Barisic looked fit when he came on, never seemed to get up to the pace of the game. He got caught out with balls in behind him a few times.

Not this watch his interview and then tell me that he's absolutely ok with him

I have, and 5 seconds of Dialogue with a sarcastic comment about 55 times hitting the floor could mean anything, like I say, people reading far too much into things.

5 seconds he talked about Barisic, 5 seconds and folk are questioning whether Gerrard will have him in the squad on Wednesday.

Panty wetting drama queens.

Latest posts

Back