This ‘10 in a row’ fallacy

Sorry but I disagree with the OP.

I’m old enough to remember vividly the disappointment when we lost out on 10.

I want them to feel the same now as I did then

Disappointed does not begin to describe how I felt in 98.

Don't phuckin kid yourself on chaos.

It's Glasgow. It's the holy grail.

I’ve never understood how bears can think this. 9 in a row must’ve meant nothing to you then.

Stopping ten is all I care about. That’s just how I feel. The idea of the legacy of Gazza and Laudrup being destroyed by pond life scum like Scott Brown is nightmare stuff for me.

Also, we go on about the meltdown they’ll have when we get 55. It’s true they will go berserk, but only if 55 is the title that stops 10. They won’t care if we stop 11 or beyond. Liewell will be standing there with a big grin on his face and the scum fans will be celebrating along with us.

No, we need to stop 10. Even if we end up needing to downsize and lose the league the season after that’s fine I could live with that.

Mate, what would you rather have ? Them winning 10 or our club not existing anymore, which is what they really wanted and are still raging about. Our 54 titles would still be ahead of their 52 anyway, even if it did happen. No-one thought either that we would equal their 9 in a row from the 60's -70's, which we then did. Our club is in this for the long haul, and not a decade in the League in which we barely took part.

No Bear I know, or hear from, is intersted in stopping their tainted run.

We are only focused on winning for ourselves.

It’s about 55. It’s about glory. It’s about return of our pride. It’s about OUR achievement.

The Bheggers’ chat about conspiracy to stop 10 in a row and so called media thinking we are desperate to stop them, have it all wrong.

We are (and always will be) The People.
Nonsense we want to stop 10. @MearnsUnionist @Neilston Unionist are two I’m guessing that’ll Agree

Mate, what would you rather have ? Them winning 10 or our club not existing anymore, which is what they really wanted and are still raging about. Our 54 titles would still be ahead of their 52 anyway, even if it did happen. No-one thought either that we would equal their 9 in a row from the 60's -70's, which we then did. Our club is in this for the long haul, and not a decade in the League in which we barely took part.

If Rangers didn’t exist, then celtic would stroll it to 10. But then it wouldn’t matter anyway as by the time it happened we would’ve all chucked Scottish football 10 years earlier and long since lost interest.

I don’t think they’ll get it anyway.

I wish we all had that mentality.

I genuinely seen a couple of ‘bears’ giving it “I’d happily go bust again to stop ‘the 10’”

Far too many of us allow ourselves to be defined by paedophile harbourers.

It’s really uncomfortable to witness.

We all want 55 - that's obvious. If Killie (or anyone other than us and Celtic) were to win the league this season though, would you really not enjoy Celtic's pain? It would be an aperitif to us winning 55, no doubt, but I'd still enjoy it.

(If it were Aberdeen, that might ruin the enjoyment, tbf - hearing the sheep banging on about it for 30 years might be as bad as the tims banging on about 10).

No Bear I know, or hear from, is intersted in stopping their tainted run.

We are only focused on winning for ourselves.

It’s about 55. It’s about glory. It’s about return of our pride. It’s about OUR achievement.

The Bheggers’ chat about conspiracy to stop 10 in a row and so called media thinking we are desperate to stop them, have it all wrong.

We are (and always will be) The People.
Although I obviously don't want it to happen if it does it's tainted seriously tainted they had no one to beat and the 1st challenge they get they are bleating about everything

Agree wholeheartedly with OP. I want Rangers to score on every attack, to win every game we play, to win every trophy we enter. I couldn't give a rats ass for what any other team does.

Correct in years to come the record books will not be saying they had no competition in a few of these titles.
Yes, but we all know the facts and despite what the record books say, some of these titles are hollow victories and if the worst happens we can remind them of that.

I won’t lie, I want to stop it. Regardless of our thoughts on who they had competing with them the history books will still show 10 years in a row. Now obviously I want to win it for us first and foremost, but stopping that is also a huge motivator.

without doubt we must stop 10. dosnt matter how they won them if they get 10 it will be flung in our faces bigtime. but if we get 55 b4 then we will make sure its flung in there faces even more. so aye defo need to stop 10 IMO

If we can stop them winning 8, 9 or 10 the fallout from it could well set them back years.

Both on and off the pitch, they are carrying a lot of excess for which they cannot sustain without CL income year in year out.

We need to win the league as soon as possible. It's crucial to completing our "journey" as well as beginning the house of cards effect at the Piggery.

If they were to go on and do it, do yous think people outside of Scotland would see it as some great achievement, how many years were we out of the league, plus having to try and compete when we got back up, while being severely handicapped, when they and then us won 9 iar their were strong competition from each other, if they had achieved their goal of ending us for good, they could have won any amount in a row, but now they know we are a real threat again. To shout about winning all the titles in a one horse race.

It doesn't matter if it matters to you, it matters to them and you know they will celebrate it regardless of what we say or do.

F*ck sitting through another 2 and a half seasons of them winning this league, it is unfathomable to me.

#55 will be the sweetest ever and for me it would be even sweeter if we can do it this year (or next). I don’t want them getting any more bragging rights. Yes, you can say they are tainted titles, but it’s only us bears that care about it. The rest of football only sees them winning.

They are worried about us winning 55 more so than us not wanting them winning 10 in a row (tainted or not)

55 stopping their 10 in a row is their worst nightmare!

I don't count their first six and I like telling this to every one of them I meet. It really annoys them :D

If they were to go on and do it, do yous think people outside of Scotland would see it as some great achievement, how many years were we out of the league, plus having to try and compete when we got back up, while being severely handicapped, when they and then us won 9 iar their were strong competition from each other, if they had achieved their goal of ending us for good, they could have won any amount in a row, but now they know we are a real threat again. To shout about winning all the titles in a one horse race.

When we won 9 in a row the mhedia trashed it as Rangers being only " the best of a bad lot in one of the worst Leagues in Europe " and that it meant nothing. Indeed, they saw it as being parochial to celebrate winning 9 titles in a row and its what happened in Europe that really counted. What I'm trying to say to Bears is not to concentrate on the mhedia hype.

I think we should be glad they are so locked in to the whole 10 in a row thing. It's most of the reason 55 will be so hilariously crushing for them.

if they do 10 in a row, only about 4 will have been with us being able to compete!! It’s a strange thing to celebrate!

However you can see the media are already gearing up for their 24 page pullouts etc!

Never been as irrelevant as it is now given the circumstances,let’s concentrate on getting ourselves right, worrying about them doing 10 in a row will do nothing but hold us back at this stage

55 is inevitable one day, its really not as important as stopping 10, if 55 comes after they do 10iar then I dont really care, they already have the european cup to lord it over us, we simply cannot allow them to have this as well

Does one not go hand in hand - I am desperate for 55 and hope it is before the tainted 10 in a row.

Irrespective of the fact that their 10iar clearly won't be a "real" 10iar achievement - if they ever managed to achieve it, under any circumstance, it will be forever etched into history. In 50 years time the history books will reference it as "10 in a row" not "10 in a row but Rangers were not in the league for x amount of years".

And from a personal perspective, I don't want a Celtic fan to ever have that lauded over our heads. If they do, I'll always take the stance that it's tainted, because, well, it is. Heavily. And their defence of that statement is hilarious:

"Oh, did Real Madrid not win the Champions League this year because Rangers weren't in it."

Right ye are pal.

Do I want to win 55 for our own sakes. yes. More than anything in this world.

Do I want to stop any bid for 9 or 10 in a row on the way? Abso-fucking-lutely. No doubt about it.

Our best chance is this year I feel.

It means alot to me personally. I don't feel like i'm alone in that.

Personally I wouldn't want them to get 9 in a row bragging rights, their two to our one.

But we know they only have what they have at the moment because we were out of the equation for 4 years, and that they were significantly instrumental in that.

Tainted or not, I'd want their run stopped asap.

I wouldn't say I'm not bothered about the whole potential 10 in a row for them. I'm more concerned with us getting a title winning team together at the moment, tbh.

Personally, I'd regard them winning 10 in a row as a fraud achievement.

But what does worry me is them overtaking us in titles/trophies won. Their current successful run can be dismissed as tainted due to mitigating circumstances, but its the overall trophy haul that still matters.

We can't take back the past 7 years. The titles they won then are irrelevant. but the ones now aren't. If they win 10 in a row now, it's a failure on our part to stop them. So how anyone can be blaise about it is beyond me. If Celtic win 10 in a row then we, and the Gerrard regime, will have failed. No one can say otherwise in January 2019, as we sit level on points with them, that if they still manage to win the next 3 titles, it won't be a disaster and failure for us.

Any Tim talks about ten in a row just tell him it’s ok we are going for title 57

That’s how daft it all is it’s two and a half seasons away and we have more chance to get title 57 than they will ever have of getting ten in a row

WATP

Now is the time for us, it’s now or never, go for the throat. I can almost taste it. 55 will stop their 8. Their team will buckle under the heavy weight of anticipation. All we have to do is concentrate on ourselves. Sounds easy eh!

I could brush off 10 in a row no bother, we all know that there was no real challenge for years. Just want us to win the league for us.
If,and it's a big if, they get to ten,and we get 55 the following year,would it be less of an achievement for us,not for me it wouldn't.

Sorry but the OP is feckin deluded .
There is not a single, genuine, Bear who does not worry about them getting to 10.
It would be feckin horrendous and to pretend otherwise is plain stupid.
Talk about tainted titles and no competition all we want. The record books will show they made a record.
Oh and the chunts and their mhedia friends would be unbearable.
First and formost #55 is a must for our our glory and pride. It is ALSO vital to stop them get 10.

Them getting 10 means we haven't won the league for the next 3 seasons.

That is a disaster.

It would also be a disaster if the Sheep won the next 3.

Back