£10m Morelos Price Tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a young lad with the potential he has 10m is a safe bet for most clubs in Europe.

Personally I would be disappointed if we sold for less than 15m.

Keeping the wee man happy is the key , if he was to have his head turned and goes off the boil his value will drop fast.

5nq4is.jpg

You sense that some folk are already preparing to work themselves up into a lather when Morelos inevitably goes for less than they were demanding.

There was a guy on here earlier insisting nothing less than £30m.

Bheasts stirring the shit pot.

The clubs just got to say no, imo.

£20m or £16m and a 10% sell on.
Exactly!
Why sell him in this window when we can rely on our impartial mhedia to spend the rest of the season bumming him up to be a £20m-£40m player that all the top clubs in Europe are prepared to go into a bidding war for.
That's what they do isn't it?...…………..isn't it?

Exactly!
Why sell him in this window when we can rely on our impartial mhedia to spend the rest of the season bumming him up to be a £20m-£40m player that all the top clubs in Europe are prepared to go into a bidding war for.
That's what they do isn't it?...…………..isn't it?

Grins, I see what you're doing there.

:))

Check.

I don’t believe for a second there has been a bid from any French team for 8m, this is absolute mischief making by our scum media to unsettle Morelos.
Rangers are in a strong position, he’s got considerable time left on his contract and a real chance at the league, success with that will reap big rewards for Morelos and Rangers come the summer. We have strengthened to push for the league and unless a stupid bid comes in and by that I mean 15m + he won’t be going until the summer.

£10m seems to be the maximum figure you get for players in Scotland, of course there is outliers and Morelos should be one of them.

No less than £15m for me.

I don’t believe for a second there has been a bid from any French team for 8m, this is absolute mischief making by our scum media to unsettle Morelos.
Rangers are in a strong position, he’s got considerable time left on his contract and a real chance at the league, success with that will reap big rewards for Morelos and Rangers come the summer. We have strengthened to push for the league and unless a stupid bid comes in and by that I mean 15m + he won’t be going until the summer.

Driving home from work around five, radio Scotland, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard says Alfredo Morelos is going nowhere in this window after an offer of 3.75 million at the start of the season. You can see what there up to. :rolleyes:

Less than the money we knocked back a year ago, for a player who’s improved immeasurably since.... double it and we will talk

You sense that some folk are already preparing to work themselves up into a lather when Morelos inevitably goes for less than they were demanding.

There was a guy on here earlier insisting nothing less than £30m.
It will certainly be more than you value him at in any case.

Selling him for £10m in this window would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. He's on a new deal from what he was last year, on more money, tearing it up and has now played in Europe. His value should be far more than it was last year.

Can we quit with the Dembele comparison, like it or not he had scored goals in the Champions League, France under 21 level & English Championship so sadly that will count when potential suitors are valuing a player. I think it’s pretty clear from all of Gerrard’s interviews that he and the Club have a price and until that is met, he won’t be going anywhere. We can speculate all we want about what that might be but I suspect, if the Club were to receive around the 12 million mark and Gerrard was guaranteed 8 million (transfer fees & wages) to sign a couple of players then that might be something to suit all parties.

I don't remember saying it was, but he is claiming that AM is valued at £10m and I asked if anyone knew where this sprouted from?
At the bottom of the link you posted, the same site has two more articles posted today mentioning Morelos being valued at £10m.
If you click the one where they suggest Everton should bid for him, they mention that the £10m valuation comes from The Herald.
If you then click that link, you will notice that they do indeed value him at £10m.....but it was written over a year ago and states that Murty could use the money to strengthen his squad.

So in summary, the £10m valuation comes from a year old Herald article.

That is 8million potatoes, it will cost £15m+ to even bring us to the table and even then it’s the January window so add an extra 25% due to the f#ckaboutery it will cause to replace him

https://tbrfootball.com/sought-after-rangers-hitman-morelos-is-within-tottenhams-price-range/

"But Morelos is apparently valued at around £10m, which looks more than affordable to the likes of Tottenham"
Looking at the articles on that site one of the Morelos stories links the £10m valuation to an article in the Herald. That article is a year old though so it can be taken with a pinch of salt

https://www.heraldscotland.com/spor...s-as-graeme-murty-targets-more-january-deals/

Can we quit with the Dembele comparison, like it or not he had scored goals in the Champions League, France under 21 level & English Championship so sadly that will count when potential suitors are valuing a player. I think it’s pretty clear from all of Gerrard’s interviews that he and the Club have a price and until that is met, he won’t be going anywhere. We can speculate all we want about what that might be but I suspect, if the Club were to receive around the 12 million mark and Gerrard was guaranteed 8 million (transfer fees & wages) to sign a couple of players then that might be something to suit all parties.

To sensible to be on here.

If we sold him this window for anything except an unbelievable offer of around £20m then I’d suggest we’d be looking for both a new CF and a new manager

As i said in the other thread, its been made explicitly clear on this forum by those who know better, that the club and player have agreed a £20 million price tag.

Solanke is well known to Gerrard and he was sold for £19m + add ons. My personal view is that Gerrard likely rates Morelos higher so his price should be higher as well.

Countryman Carlos Bacca was sold at perhaps his peak in 2015 to Milan for €30m and the transfer market has gone even more mental since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back