Peter Lawwell

Peter has got a whole 100+ thread from August alone dedicated to him on KDS.

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/peter-lawwell-and-the-board-discussion-t52210.html

Makes for some interesting reading if you’ve got some spare time..

I don't normally read anything to do with that lot but as you made it so easy to link in I thought I would.
Amazing.
If I had thought about it at all I would have imagined he was a mentally challenged hero - but it seems they really don't like him at all.
Hopefully a pigsty divided soon falls.

I don't normally read anything to do with that lot but as you made it so easy to link in I thought I would.
Amazing.
If I had thought about it at all I would have imagined he was a mentally challenged hero - but it seems they really don't like him at all.
Hopefully a pigsty divided soon falls.
It's gonna be a very interesting next 6 months for Liewell mate.

This bastard in complicit in everything by this club. Whether it's Referees now being threatened online, allowing effigies to hung from the Pedo Dome, the IRAoke at the first game of the season against us, giving the Groin Brigade free reign for their shameful banners, no poppy on their shirt etc etc etc. You could go on all day with this and these bastards.
It turned my stomach seeing him at the john greig statue last Saturday

How likely is it that Celtic will have to pay compo to abuse victims? Their recent statement about separate entity would not have been made without taking sound legal advice.
I have this nagging doubt that a court may find in Celtic's favour that they were connected to the boys club but not wholly responsible.
They somehow manage to always come up smelling of roses. Getting land for 1p, grants to develop the area around their stadium etc.
I fear these abuse victims will end up with nothing.. . Not even an apology.
It would really be up to the lawyers representing the victims to prove otherwise.if they can then Celtic are in for a massive shit storm.

Can they trust Brendan and Congerton with millions?? I would say no, as how many of Brendans signings started at Ibrox last week? 3 or 4 was it after 2 and a half year at the club.

They’ve already let Rodgers go out and spend the clubs record transfer fee on a guy who looks as if he can’t really be bothered. So don’t see them trusting him with even more to spend in this window.

The absolute terror on that KDS thread is amazing. It's coming boys, don't worry.

Also, can anyone link me to an explanation of the Co-op loan stuff please? And why this is hanging over them? I've heard it mentioned for a long time but never really knew the score.

If I was a neutral, I’d probably be agreeing with their fans not being happy.

Brought in money from Dembele, supposedly 16 million and all he gets is three loans. One of who they thinks pish, one who won’t be fit for six weeks and then he’s came out and said he can’t afford a RB even on loan :D

But I’m not a neutral, so f*ck them... I’m presuming the money is being withheld for impending law suits RE the systematic and then covering up of decades of child mlestation.

Had a read at that greetinfaced (nut when mentioning the team of theirs and it's a scary team alright, scary how shite it is and hasn't been found out yet, this could just be the year when they actually see how shit it is.

Can someone point to this massive (someone mentioned £40m) Co-Op loan in their most recent accounts? Something like that can’t simply be hidden.

The last accounts showed a £6.4m term loan which will disappear over the next 5 years, recently re-negotiated, and approximately a £5m rolling credit line similar to the one Rangers had at one point. Doesn’t seem to be drawn down yet.

There’s no provision for compensation in the accounts either, or anything like it. If their board thought there was any risk, they’d have noted it (it would break the law not to). Maybe the court cases and assessment of risk happened after the year end, so worth keeping a note on the interim accounts when they arrive.

Can someone point to this massive (someone mentioned £40m) Co-Op loan in their most recent accounts? Something like that can’t simply be hidden.

The last accounts showed a £6.4m term loan which will disappear over the next 5 years, recently re-negotiated, and approximately a £5m rolling credit line similar to the one Rangers had at one point. Doesn’t seem to be drawn down yet.

There’s no provision for compensation in the accounts either, or anything like it. If their board thought there was any risk, they’d have noted it (it would break the law not to). Maybe the court cases and assessment of risk happened after the year end, so worth keeping a note on the interim accounts when they arrive.

There’s no court proceedings raised, at present, the Solicitors are publicity calling for compensation and only threatening court action if their demands aren’t met.

There wouldn’t be any need for provisions in accounts for something that doesn’t exist at present.

This post is getting a lot of support on there

Interesting read, they have wasted fortunes on dross (all clubs do). One reply says that if they lose the league this year they will also lose 15000 fans

CaltonBhoy1967 wrote: The Lesser Spotted Scott Allan away in the summer - Hopefully the first of many - Yet another one whereby you end up asking yourself "Why"?

Allan has managed to blag a career as a footballer - His actual professional career entails playing around the grand total of 135 games in 10 years including those where he sat on the bench - He has had four clubs and been loaned out eight times - He on a very rare occasion has shown (more so with Hibs) that he can see a pass but that's it - He offers nothing else and has no other facets to his game - A blind man could see he was never good enough for Celtic but hey ho the hun fecks wanted him and were so skint they couldn't afford him so as some sort of "Rab the Brickie" GIUY to the huns we sign him and pay him more money than he will get anywhere else for 4 years to the extent nobody else who would take him could affordhim - Even when he was on loan we were paying most of his wages - Another Pistol Pete belter of a masterstroke!!! How much has Allan been paid for 12/13 appearances in four years?

I wonder if PL's "bestest" Celtic pal and personal mentor Allison (the very man who twice got PL the Celtic gig) ever sits down as the only one who counts on the Remuneration Committee and looks seriously at Good Old Pete's contribution to Celtic in terms of the dross we have signed and paid money both for and to when he determines Lawwell is worth his £1.1m a year excluding bonuses,share options and all sorts of benefits in kind - Such luminaries as Allan, Janko,Wakaso,Berget,Ciftci,Blackett,Carlton Cole,Kapo,Josh Thompson,Du Wei,Banguara,Kazim Richards,Tonev,Kapo,Bailly,Danny Fox,Scepovic,Murphy,Hutchison,Blackett,Killen,Ljungberg the pension topper,Juarez,Amido feckin' Balde and no doubt so many more that don't come to mind - I can't be arsed to check tbh but why in the name of feck did we sign them - We paid transfers fees, signing on fees loan fees in addition to their wages whilst here - Realistically we have wasted not millions but 10's of millions on duds like the above - Just why ? Anybody else in any other business you would have been out the door without a shadow of a doubt - We spend and waste absolute fortunes on duds and yet on the other hand when it comes to signings players that are " potentially good" for us that Managers actually want our CEO goes down the dicking about playing financial poker route instead of paying the going rate losing out to the likes of Petrie ffs - In recent times see Schar,Piccini and McGinn - How much has this feckin about held us back and that more than anything else contributes to our CL failures - How much do our CL failures which is principally down to the CEO albeit there are no guarantees cost us - Another fortune!!! The irony there is that it is Rodgers's CL successes that have got Peter his £36m in the bank which he yet again this window so far seems to be holding onto as if it was his own dosh - We desperately need a quality RB and a quality CB - We also need a keeper and some sort of LB cover (even if it is a loan for that one) - So we waste fortunes and don't actually buy what we need - Step for a hint Peter we are successful and have 7/7 due to the Manager not you - He has made mistakes they all do but even one of the quality of Rodgers you have fecked about and dripfed sheer lies about him - Get your Lisbon Lions sheets dug out for covering the empty seats when you finally piss him off completely - In terms of the squad we are yet again faced with massive rebuilding come the summer - Do I trust you to see us through that successfully? - Based on your m o the last 14 years not a feckin chance!!! We should be in a good place and have moved on positively - Somehow or another our CEO effs it time after time after time.

I would love one of his Poodles instead of being a lickspittle to raise the above with Lawwell in one of their cosy Friday afternoon coffee chats when they are dripfed what shiiiite has to be put out via their pals,twitter,podcasts etc - Shiiite that way too many in the Celtic Support somehow fall for and believe - Most of the Tea and Biscuit merchants are normally sensible and capable people (not all some are basically clowns but they have dosh) but they change when it comes to ensuring they get their comfy seats,Boardroom Invites,Event Invites,Away ticket access and the chance to massage their "look at me" egos going through the front door - Who actually gives a feck? - A Lisbon Lion who is in there on match days often says to me "The ones going through that door are not my kind of people son they are only interested in themselves, they are not the real Celtic Supporters" - Sell your Celtic soul right enough !!

As long as Lawwell can keep the hordes foaming at the mouth about what Defoes wages are or what colour of bibs Rangers wore at training he will get away with anything, and when Rangers do win the league he'll hide behind the "conspiracy" rubbish.

Considering they claimed to have sold a player for £20m and posted a record turnover that lot have had a shocking window that's why he sends his flunkeys out in the press and blogs to rant and rave about Defoe he knows that support are so obsessed he just needs to say "look at Rangers" and the morons immediately forget about what's gong on at the knewcamp.

As long as Lawwell can keep the hordes foaming at the mouth about what Defoes wages are or what colour of bibs Rangers wore at training he will get away with anything, and when Rangers do win the league he'll hide behind the "conspiracy" rubbish.

Considering they claimed to have sold a player for £20m and posted a record turnover that lot have had a shocking window that's why he sends his flunkeys out in the press and blogs to rant and rave about Defoe he knows that support are so obsessed he just needs to say "look at Rangers" and the morons immediately forget about what's gong on at the knewcamp.

Selling a player for whatever sum does not produce that value in cash on day one. Conversely having to pay significant wages on a month to month basis is a drain on cash that has already been diluted by no Champions League money.

Comes back to Turnover=vanity, Profit = sanity and cash = reality.

That said there is clearly something amiss that is causing some concern at the San Giro.

There’s no court proceedings raised, at present, the Solicitors are publicity calling for compensation and only threatening court action if their demands aren’t met.

There wouldn’t be any need for provisions in accounts for something that doesn’t exist at present.

Yes, that’s the point I was making (badly) - puts to bed any notion their board are hoarding cash for all these fantasy claims that haven’t happened yet.

Whether we like it or not their club is pretty well run from a financial point of view. They’ll be shorter this season than usual but have been there before and survived it. Their support has never got over the “biscuit tin” of the 80s and 90s though, so don’t understand why they’re not challenging EPL teams for signings and wages now.

Anyone read that list of players and contract expiry dates? Delicious reading. They’ve got another full season of Compper, 2 seasons of Kouassi, 3 seasons of Jack Hendry. There’s guys there I’ve genuinely never heard of (Calvin Miller or Kundai Benyu anyone?). Honestly, that pool of players is utter shit. It’s only the confidence of being able to beat us at will that’s been keeping them going, now that’s gone it will be very interesting to see how they react.

Old Pete must be feeling the heat!

If they don’t get 10IAR never mind 8IAR its game over for this sleekit f**ker.There is no way on this earth their support would allow him to continue as CEO.It would be one of their greatest humiliations up there with Maurice Johnston.All that chaos,administration,free run at Champions League money,big bucks EPL manager,power and influence in the media and on association football board and they fall short?

Ye ain’t coming back from that!

In the past he was probably under the greatest amount of pressure from that mob when Walter was winning 3IAR and we were skint and being run by the bank.The out ball he had though to keep the heat off was the Big Tax Case hanging over us and the uncertainty that came with it.

Now though?

A support more rabid,deluded and hateful than ever on his back to contend with.Rangers under Dave King no longer employing ‘dignified silence’ and not scared to go toe to toe with them.Uncertainity over their managers future and a strained relationship to go with it.A resurgence Rangers almost back to full health with no pending off field issue to face.Oh and of course a multitude of lawsuits from abused ex youth players and the potential cost and bad publicity that will bring to their door.

I don’t think there will be anyone connected to either of our clubs under more pressure than him right now and for the foreseeable future.

This guy is long overdue his well deserved comeuppance and fingers crossed it coming soon.;)
The bold Pedro is too cute(sly) for the Bheasts, he'll play them like a Gypsy's fiddle, with the, all out to get us, where's the money coming from, referees, conspiracies..etc, , Pedro owns the Mhedia, jeez, half a dozen Paedos have been in court recently and hardly anyone knows about it, you've got the SNP silence, that would shame Big Jock, and not forgetting the good old Oirish card, Pedro's not under pressure, all the blame will be place at Brenda's door, with the they've spend x,y and z patter

His, and Celtics demise, has been long predicted on FF and he's still here. He's just shown his grip over Scottish football with the agenda changing from a poor Celtic performance to the thuggery of Morelos.
We had a huge wage bill, now we don't. They'll cut their cloth to suit. A manager like Clarke will make them very competition at a greatly reduced wage bill.

His, and Celtics demise, has been long predicted on FF and he's still here. He's just shown his grip over Scottish football with the agenda changing from a poor Celtic performance to the thuggery of Morelos.
We had a huge wage bill, now we don't. They'll cut their cloth to suit. A manager like Clarke will make them very competition at a greatly reduced wage bill.
Clarke won't get them CL football, so they'll cut their cloth even more

"Such luminaries as Allan, Janko,Wakaso,Berget,Ciftci,Blackett,Carlton Cole,Kapo,Josh Thompson,Du Wei,Banguara,Kazim Richards,Tonev,Kapo,Bailly,Danny Fox,Scepovic,Murphy,Hutchison,Blackett,Killen,Ljungberg the pension topper,Juarez,Amido feckin' Balde and no doubt so many more that don't come to mind - I can't be arsed to check tbh but why in the name of feck did we sign them - We paid transfers fees, signing on fees loan fees in addition to their wages whilst here."

I haven't heard of half of those players listed. Yet the obsessed could list every player in our youth team, along with their squad number.

Full post from kerrydale st. - worth a read
The Lesser Spotted Scott Allan away in the summer - Hopefully the first of many - Yet another one whereby you end up asking yourself "Why"?

Allan has managed to blag a career as a footballer - His actual professional career entails playing around the grand total of 135 games in 10 years including those where he sat on the bench - He has had four clubs and been loaned out eight times - He on a very rare occasion has shown (more so with Hibs) that he can see a pass but that's it - He offers nothing else and has no other facets to his game - A blind man could see he was never good enough for Celtic but hey ho the hun fecks wanted him and were so skint they couldn't afford him so as some sort of "Rab the Brickie" GIUY to the huns we sign him and pay him more money than he will get anywhere else for 4 years to the extent nobody else who would take him could affordhim - Even when he was on loan we were paying most of his wages - Another Pistol Pete belter of a masterstroke!!! How much has Allan been paid for 12/13 appearances in four years?

I wonder if PL's "bestest" Celtic pal and personal mentor Allison (the very man who twice got PL the Celtic gig) ever sits down as the only one who counts on the Remuneration Committee and looks seriously at Good Old Pete's contribution to Celtic in terms of the dross we have signed and paid money both for and to when he determines Lawwell is worth his £1.1m a year excluding bonuses,share options and all sorts of benefits in kind - Such luminaries as Allan, Janko,Wakaso,Berget,Ciftci,Blackett,Carlton Cole,Kapo,Josh Thompson,Du Wei,Banguara,Kazim Richards,Tonev,Kapo,Bailly,Danny Fox,Scepovic,Murphy,Hutchison,Blackett,Killen,Ljungberg the pension topper,Juarez,Amido feckin' Balde and no doubt so many more that don't come to mind - I can't be arsed to check tbh but why in the name of feck did we sign them - We paid transfers fees, signing on fees loan fees in addition to their wages whilst here - Realistically we have wasted not millions but 10's of millions on duds like the above - Just why ? Anybody else in any other business you would have been out the door without a shadow of a doubt - We spend and waste absolute fortunes on duds and yet on the other hand when it comes to signings players that are " potentially good" for us that Managers actually want our CEO goes down the dicking about playing financial poker route instead of paying the going rate losing out to the likes of Petrie ffs - In recent times see Schar,Piccini and McGinn - How much has this feckin about held us back and that more than anything else contributes to our CL failures - How much do our CL failures which is principally down to the CEO albeit there are no guarantees cost us - Another fortune!!! The irony there is that it is Rodgers's CL successes that have got Peter his £36m in the bank which he yet again this window so far seems to be holding onto as if it was his own dosh - We desperately need a quality RB and a quality CB - We also need a keeper and some sort of LB cover (even if it is a loan for that one) - So we waste fortunes and don't actually buy what we need - Step for a hint Peter we are successful and have 7/7 due to the Manager not you - He has made mistakes they all do but even one of the quality of Rodgers you have fecked about and dripfed sheer lies about him - Get your Lisbon Lions sheets dug out for covering the empty seats when you finally piss him off completely - In terms of the squad we are yet again faced with massive rebuilding come the summer - Do I trust you to see us through that successfully? - Based on your m o the last 14 years not a feckin chance!!! We should be in a good place and have moved on positively - Somehow or another our CEO effs it time after time after time.

I would love one of his Poodles instead of being a lickspittle to raise the above with Lawwell in one of their cosy Friday afternoon coffee chats when they are dripfed what shiiiite has to be put out via their pals,twitter,podcasts etc - Shiiite that way too many in the Celtic Support somehow fall for and believe - Most of the Tea and Biscuit merchants are normally sensible and capable people (not all some are basically clowns but they have dosh) but they change when it comes to ensuring they get their comfy seats,Boardroom Invites,Event Invites,Away ticket access and the chance to massage their "look at me" egos going through the front door - Who actually gives a feck? - A Lisbon Lion who is in there on match days often says to me "The ones going through that door are not my kind of people son they are only interested in themselves, they are not the real Celtic Supporters" - Sell your Celtic soul right enough !!!

Does not miss:D:D:D:D

Another celtic obsessed thread. My mentally challenged obsessed bigot block list is alarmingly massive now, and I’m pretty new on here.

Is this FF or HailHail? Anyway, back to the teddy bears we go.

Clarke won't get them CL football, so they'll cut their cloth even more
Success in Europe (for us as well) gets more difficult each year, so it'll be about domestic bragging rights. I loved our European campaign, but we scraped past Osijek and Maribor could have been 2 or 3 ahead at half time.
We have a much better squad this season, but have dropped points to 7 of our 11 rivals in the league so far and were a bad result v Celtic from it being meltdown on here. In December, prior to Celtic game, we'd dropped 9 points in 7 games.

When these court cases start I’ll be tweeting like a birdie on speed and I’ll be tagging Celtic’s sponsors along with them and links to the stories.

We should take this opportunity to cause brand damage to the bastards, make them toxic and affect their revenue streams.

How about FF or Club 1872 making up a standard Email/Letter that we could inundate Sponsors, Government and Liewells Lackys, the more the merrier, and let’s see the Scum go back under their Stones?

Anyone read that list of players and contract expiry dates? Delicious reading. They’ve got another full season of Compper, 2 seasons of Kouassi, 3 seasons of Jack Hendry. There’s guys there I’ve genuinely never heard of (Calvin Miller or Kundai Benyu anyone?). Honestly, that pool of players is utter shit. It’s only the confidence of being able to beat us at will that’s been keeping them going, now that’s gone it will be very interesting to see how they react.

The great thing here is rather than being assets that can be sold on at a profit `they are liabilities both on a football and financial basis. Apart from Compper they are on longish contracts taking money out every month while depreciating in worth to the point where they will be paid to go away. Lovely!

6rtrol.jpg

Success in Europe (for us as well) gets more difficult each year, so it'll be about domestic bragging rights. I loved our European campaign, but we scraped past Osijek and Maribor could have been 2 or 3 ahead at half time.
We have a much better squad this season, but have dropped points to 7 of our 11 rivals in the league so far and were a bad result v Celtic from it being meltdown on here. In December, prior to Celtic game, we'd dropped 9 points in 7 games.
But the point is we can live with an early exit without too much impact, they can't

If you take that thinking of ifs and buts then we were a number of dodgy decisions (Aberdeen away and non-offside v Dundee) and last minute goals away from being 5/6/7 points ahead in the league and could've qualified out the group stages of the EL if Morelos wasn't given offside v Spartak. Works both ways

We are where we are cos we deserve to be right on Celtics tail, your nonsense is just that, nonsense.

The St Patrick’s Men’s Club diversion nailed him as complicit as Stein.

‘Protect the good name’.

Fat Pete Knew. Get it telt.

The fans dont want them to be competitive they want to be in the Champs League for bragging rights

It was us that were meant to be competitive

Their january window.

2 six month loans and an unknown African striker for Slovakian league.
Now being linked with yet another wide player who plys his trade in Ukraine.

This is a scattergun approach to limp over the line and surely our board must sense blood.

Another celtic obsessed thread. My mentally challenged obsessed bigot block list is alarmingly massive now, and I’m pretty new on here.

Knock yersell out..

Put on block or stay out the thread.

The point I'm originally making in my OP is that can Lawwell survive the tims blowing 10IAR?

I have serious doubts he can.

If you take that thinking of ifs and buts then we were a number of dodgy decisions (Aberdeen away and non-offside v Dundee) and last minute goals away from being 5/6/7 points ahead in the league and could've qualified out the group stages of the EL if Morelos wasn't given offside v Spartak. Works both ways

We are where we are cos we deserve to be right on Celtics tail, your nonsense is just that, nonsense.
Add in a bus load of new players who needed to gel & pretty bad luck with injuries.

The great thing here is rather than being assets that can be sold on at a profit `they are liabilities both on a football and financial basis. Apart from Compper they are on longish contracts taking money out every month while depreciating in worth to the point where they will be paid to go away. Lovely!

read the other day they are in talks with Compper in the hope he leave this window.

Lawwell will go nowhere until Desmond goes or he retires.

He is there to appease the shareholders and no one else, and he is pleasing them clearly when they sanction such wages and bonuses.
He’s going nowhere, In what other country would he be able to work corruptly?
He wouldn’t have the FA or press in his pocket anywhere else,
He wouldn’t know how to work cleanly

He’s certainly been skimming off a decent amount of cash from the mentally challengeds and more than enough to clear his dodgy dealings with the film schemes. It’s about time he, and a whole other raft ot poets, was brought to account - it seems a long time since we heard of any movement here.

There’s nothing close between a discussion on here and their complete obsession with everything Rangers. When we all change twitter names to their former owner, start blogs about them and their finances, take out adverts in newspapers about them, attend their AGM and courts to tweet about them, I might start to agree with you. The best thing to do would be to not open the thread.

Back