Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Had a feeling before match that it would be a squeaky bottom game but my bottom has not squeaked like that for a long time. Character building and championship winning performance. Now onto Killie and put them in their place and put a run going in league to put pressure on them from the east end. Let’s Go!

Congratulations to Steven Gerrard for some good substitutions at the right time.
Bringing on big Nikola to win the aerial battles Jermain to take any chances that might fall and Lassana to keep us competitive did make us look solid.
It almost reminded me of one of the early Europa league games when we were down to nine and 10 man.
There are times that the boss needs to take credit even though Aberdeen did didThere are times that the boss needs to take credit even know Aberdeen did look the better side for long periods of the game.
I hate to say it but Shinnie is a hell of a player.
I thought it was quite telling that as usual the gaffer shook hands with the opposition players but gave shinnie a hug, am i reading too much into it

Oh my fucking god. That was a battle and a half. Better team until 10v10, then backs to the wall. Deserved the points though, and managed to drag if kicking and screaming over the line. Character building stuff.

We should have kept as many mids on the park as possible. Worked out fine in the end but we did not need a goal so why bring on Defoe?

Fantastic result. Brilliant and silly from Morelos. Defoe doing what he does best. The centre backs looked comfortable.

My main concern was Barasic in defence - Stewart ran him ragged all night. Must do better for me.

Massive win , killie dropped points and hearts , and always amazing to pump dolly st their own midden .

Fantastic displays by Kent Morelos and Defoe’s finish sublime , only black spot Morelos red which will be rescinded if there’s any justice .

Looked at it a few times. It's a red.

We had no one to hold the ball up and it was all one way traffic since the sending off. Or were you watching a different match? Fair play to Defoe he took his goal well but it don't change what went before.
You always need someone who can change the match in a second. Perhaps a ball over the top to run on to. You are young and inexperienced so I will let you off this time.

See my previous post :
No use of horrendous, horrific, shocking or poor.

My thoughts on the game...
Totally controlled the 1st half when he wants to be in the mood morelos is unplayable.. he was dragging them all over.. a sloppy 1st goal to concede.
2nd half I know people will say the sending of was harsh but why do what you do alfredo ffs I myself think he had to go. .
Midfield was outstanding .. give our 2 centre half a special mention they were good...

My gripe is with our captain.. yes he scores penalties and can put in a decent cross but when we were under constant pressure he is always caught up field or players just ghost past him..
I'll also say Defoe will get double figures this season

Hard fought win but improvements needed..

Behave yourself, stone wall penalty
You don’t think the sheep was grabbing Tav as much as Tav grabbed him ? It was your normal grappling in the box from what I saw. Both were at it, but sheepie falling to the ground made up the refs mind for him. No action should was needed. If anything give them both a talking to

Great Finnish from Defoe,hard fought 3 points.
Not good for the old ticker the last 10 mins but more than happy beating the sheep shaggers.

We certainly won that despite the officials tonight. The amount of free kicks we didn’t get & the sheep did was criminal.

I thought it was quite telling that as usual the gaffer shook hands with the opposition players but gave shinnie a hug, am i reading too much into it
I didn’t notice that but knowing the gaffer it was probably an acknowledgement of how well the boy played rather than he might be joining us in the summer.

FFS mate.
As much as you’re right, can you not just be happy for a while?
We’ve just beaten the sheep, away, keep the negatives till the morning.
just posting as i see it mate, great win and keeps us in the hunt, as i said on other posts winning ugly wins you championships, and we defended resolutely, but the midfield got bullied tonight, cant be happy with that

51567882_2789128244438143_7298820504599658496_n.jpg

Ratings:

McGregor 8 - no chance with goals, booted the rat Ferguson and that instinct save at the end

Tav 7 - defended well and got forward well
Worrall 8 - excellent, solid
Goldson 5 - struggled at times, some bizarre decision making
Barisic 5 - poor at times especially at their first goal and Stewart turned him too many times

Jack 7 - played well, controlled performance
Arfield 7 - did ok, knock in first half set him back but 2nd half he stuck to his task
McCrorie 6 - not his best game but kept plugging away, not as dominant as he usually is

Kent 9 - tremendous, ripped them apart
Morelos 8 - great goals, bad miss and then harsh red
Candeias 6 - quiet game but was ok

subs:
Coulibaly 5 - did well and key role in last goal
Katic 5 - solid when he came in
Defoe 6 - one chance, boom! sign of a top striker

You always need someone who can change the match in a second. Perhaps a ball over the top to run on to. You are young and inexperienced so I will let you off this time.

See my previous post :
No use of horrendous, horrific, shocking or poor.

I will use the proper adjective i see fit to describe what i see. Oh! to feel young again. Thanks bud!

The thread I was watching it on was crap and I thought it was Coulibaly that played the ball to. Only realised it was Defoe when the commentator shouted Defoe.

Back