Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

I didn’t really see JD goal as when he got it I made the move to celebrate and screamed my head off like a wee wean.

Just seen the replay and wow. What a finish. Boom!

Just saw the sending off. That is soft! Any other player and that's a yellow at most. Alfie left his foot up but If he actually stamps or studs McKenna he would have been rolling around. Yes he gave the referee/assistant a decision but not enough for a sending off and worth an appeal.

You don’t think the sheep was grabbing Tav as much as Tav grabbed him ? It was your normal grappling in the box from what I saw. Both were at it, but sheepie falling to the ground made up the refs mind for him. No action should was needed. If anything give them both a talking to
you see it dozens of times in a game with no penalty given, i thought it was very soft

Wee deek is an absolute air head isn’t he?

“A think mcgregors challenge on fergusons a freekick, but a freeekick inside the boax so its a penalty kick”.

Wit

you see it dozens of times in a game with no penalty given, i thought it was very soft

Tav needs to be physically stronger, more positionally aware and be able to block the guy off without putting his hands all over him in an environment where we're under constant scrutiny and a ref that's no friend of Rangers. He will always struggle with that bit of his game. The trade off is what he brings going forward.

Wtf! McInnes you really are a fkn embarrassment! I actually cannot believe hes just singled out one of our players and told people what should happen next. GTF!

I'm hugely torn on this, I'm old enough to know that Pittoddrie wins are hard to come by however that second half performance was horrendous. From the regular switch off, low key start, to the go down to ten and all of a sudden Aberdeen are pissing all over us, it was a hard watch.

We should have kept as many mids on the park as possible. Worked out fine in the end but we did not need a goal so why bring on Defoe?

Absolutely get your point, but for me you always need at least one up top or it becomes one way traffic. Was surprised to see Defoe, was expecting big laff as he chases everything.

Delighted to eat my words, and big credit to the management team to see it.

A thing of absolute beauty!

I was told today my hours at work are to be cut next year. The weather here is awful (freezing rain) My commute was torture, 20 minute delays, and packed trains. I was having the shittest day of all shitty days, but that result almost makes up for it... :))

I apologize if I had blue tinted specs on in the thread fellow Bears

Shinnie was everywhere for them, captains performance. Shame he's a wank.

Nah. Like has happened with the lego muncher at times, we have a habit of standing off guys who run about a lot and kick people and making them look like world beaters. The games where the likes of Arfield step up to the mark and put these cunts in their box are too few and far between for my liking. We've been a soft touch for years.

Reactions: Dom
What a relief! Absolutely shattered after that.

I just wish Alfie could control himself. Nothing much in it but hes got to remember there was f all in his sending offs the last two times we played them. We won the game because of him but he could have also been the reason we dropped points.

Despite the victory, with the exception of Katic coming on, not sure the tactics were correct after the sending off. Defoe was largely isolated with a few long balls sent his way.

Candeias was very quiet tonight. Not sure what happened - he usually gets more involved.

Nah. Like has happened with the lego muncher at times, we have a habit of standing off guys who run about a lot and kick people and making them look like world beaters. The games where the likes of Arfield step up to the mark and put these cunts in their box are too few and far between for my liking. We've been a soft touch for years.

He was working his bollocks off forwards and back, always seemed to be him getting a foot in or muscling players off the ball. I thought he was their best player in a team of hammer throwing twats.

Midfield was our weak spot tonight which explains why he looked as good as he did, Arfield taking that knock early on seemed to put him out of the game.

Back