So if Powers doesn’t get cited - does the club just continue with the dignified silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laudrup11Cooper

Really hoped we would have heard a statement or a reaction or something from the club regarding McGregor and Morelos’s bans before yesterday’s game but I guess not!

So we move on to a challenge in the Killie game when on one of our players is on the end of serious dangerous play. Where Powers quite clearly uses excessive force against Ryan Jack. A matter incidentally that the BBC radio scotland team deemed not worthy of even discussing.In their completely unbiased and arbitrary coverage of the game.

Now that our manager has highlighted this incident in an interview after the game …he may have backed himself into a corner if as expected nothing happens.Or the other incident where again no media outlet certainly that I have heard or seen…… think merits discussion
That cretin Broadfoot quite clearly kicks out at Defoe off the ball and catches him just before half time but again no action.Just like his cowardly kick outs at Ryan Jack in Pedro’s last match in charge.

Over to you …Stevie!

This ‘dignified silence’ for me……just doesn’t cut it!!

Let's go Live to a Kilmarnock training session ...........
giphy.gif

Kilmarnock are not a football team. They are lacking in skill but are aggressive to compensate. All under the direction of their manic depressive manager.

Growing to detest that club because of their pitch and their players. Now starting to detest their manager.

I hate playing them - as injury fears plague me when we do.

Kilmarnock are not a football team. They are lacking in skill but are aggressive to compensate. All under the direction of their manic depressive manager.

Growing to detest that club because of their pitch and their players. Now starting to detest their manager.

Completely agree with this. My heart sank when we drew them away in the cup. No mark club, no mark fans, no mark manager

In a word yes. As for that pitch and “stadium” it looks like we might end up there again after the split, and that just depressing, you just know if we are still in contention, they will boot us off the park by the command of their pisspot manager.

To be honest, I don’t want him cited.
What benefit would it be to Rangers?
He misses a game v septic that we want Kilmarnock to win?
Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind it be referred to every now and then, like Gerrard did with the Brophy challenge but unless there is a benefit to Rangers, I’m not interested in weakening Kilmarnock, or any other team.

In a word yes. As for that pitch and “stadium” it looks like we might end up there again after the split, and that just depressing, you just know if we are still in contention, they will boot us off the park by the command of their pisspot manager.

Now that is depressing………

“Ignore the nonsense, the irrelevant and the noise” 4LHAD
Just concentrate on the fitba. Leave this auld wifey pish to the rest of them.

With all due to respect…this not auld wifey pish irrelevance or noise!

An agenda is forming here against us in the media and if allowed to continue we will not see 55 this season or any other season.

Here’s another quote…” He who controls the media controls the people” JDM

Complete waste of time him being cited now.

We had to play them with the full compliment of players so there is no benefit to us.

If he was being cited and as a result Muir was being dropped a division or two for a few weeks, then that might send a more effective message.

So what happens …hypothetically of course …if he or Broadfoot in the replay ‘nails’ another one of our players …on the ball or off ( doesn’t seem to matter to the ‘Eggman’) and they are out for the rest of the season?

So what happens …hypothetically of course …if he or Broadfoot in the replay ‘nails’ another one of our players …on the ball or off ( doesn’t seem to matter to the ‘Eggman’) and they are out for the rest of the season?

See Tazzabear's post above. That saves me typing my own thoughts as mine replicate his.

If Power is banned he’ll just be replaced by another shin kicker anyway.

It’s a fair point but we’ve have to play against 11 when it should be against 10, if he’s banned it’s not like we play the replay against 10.

It was a red all day long.

Why Muir never gave it is beyond me.

Infact, I know why. Rangers get everything and over the last week this has been drummed into everyone associated with Scottish football. Then major incident and it's not a red. Either the referee was wrong or he shat the backlash from the Scottish media.

Over to you SFA tell us we aren't right.

Few things, if you don't get red carded by the ref when he doesnt seem it a foul, why do you then get offered a 2 game ban by compliance officer? SO you get punished for the Refs mistake.

Also when you think of the two game bans we have been dished out from Ryan Jack kicking a ball against Aberdeen to McGregors potential and even as far back as Aluko getting stood on his toes and winning a penalty and then getting done for diving, yet take Browns assault on Ross County player whee he got his red card rescinded so he could play against us, worse than anything Morelos has done, Morelos gets done, Brown and Celtic get away with one.

Louis Moult did more shocking challenges in the first game of last season mainly against Dorrans and never got sent off, these incidents were worse that Morelos has done in his time here, yet everyone has Morelos as some kind of animal. Ask yourself this, if Celtic signed Morelos would he have this reputation, you know the one where Brown and Lennon get virtually no punishment but lots of protection.

I don't think Rangers will say anything until after McGregor's hearing tomorrow.

I think the only option is to call to get ride of the compliance officer.

Didn’t realize Peter was playing against us on Saturday.

That was bad. I’ll get my coat

If Power is banned he’ll just be replaced by another shin kicker anyway.

It’s a fair point but we’ve have to play against 11 when it should be against 10, if he’s banned it’s not like we play the replay against 10.

Respect your point of view but if Powers and that chunt Broadfoot get away with this (in the Eggmans case) yet again…this will happen again and they both seem to have penchance for picking on our players!

But maybe you are right they will always find another willing one ready to step in and kick the shyte out of our players!

Why? because they can get away with it…and we don’t complain enough…
Rodgers makes one complaint against the Hibs player and he is cited right away and his own player/s get way ‘scott’ free!

Sound familiar?

Guess we better get used to it…

Jamie Murphy was "helped" to the ground at Kilmarnock by Broadfoot. Murphy's injuries may not have been because of that but it didn't help.

I couldn't care less if he gets cited , it's of no relevance to us and further highlights the bias and inconstancy of the CO.
So after all the bias and inconstancy we have received up till now you think we need more of the same to highlight the problem, feck me.
To the OP of course the club will remain silent after all it’s what they do best.

I don't imagine we will have any citing our players are fair game for assaults on the park . if it was a rangers player I'm sure there would be an uproar and citing

Really hoped we would have heard a statement or a reaction or something from the club regarding McGregor and Morelos’s bans before yesterday’s game but I guess not!

So we move on to a challenge in the Killie game when on one of our players is on the end of serious dangerous play. Where Powers quite clearly uses excessive force against Ryan Jack. A matter incidentally that the BBC radio scotland team deemed not worthy of even discussing.In their completely unbiased and arbitrary coverage of the game.

Now that our manager has highlighted this incident in an interview after the game …he may have backed himself into a corner if as expected nothing happens.Or the other incident where again no media outlet certainly that I have heard or seen…… think merits discussion
That cretin Broadfoot quite clearly kicks out at Defoe off the ball and catches him just before half time but again no action.Just like his cowardly kick outs at Ryan Jack in Pedro’s last match in charge.

Over to you …Stevie!

This ‘dignified silence’ for me……just doesn’t cut it!!
If the players are not cited I would want the club, in the interests of sporting integrity, openness and transparency, to push for a public explanation of how the CO chooses which players to cite. The paying public should be told oh and also for the reason of consistency.

If he were cited surely it would be the next cup game ie the reply he’d miss? Don’t understand why it would transfer to a league match.

It was a red all day long.

Why Muir never gave it is beyond me.

Infact, I know why. Rangers get everything and over the last week this has been drummed into everyone associated with Scottish football. Then major incident and it's not a red. Either the referee was wrong or he shat the backlash from the Scottish media.

Over to you SFA tell us we aren't right.
Alan Muir is the same referee who twice booked Craig Gordon for Kung fu kicks.

At least he is consistent in his ineptitude.

It's irrelevant whether Power intended to injure Jack or not.
Simple fact is that it was dangerous play and Power showed a total disregard for whoever may have been challenging for the ball.
The club should be pressing every button they can for this to be cited, and call out the C. O. system for the joke it is.

Why not the refs are telling them to go ahead by their inaction.

The inconsistency this season is baffling. Although it won’t solve all the issues, it’s now imperative for VAR to be implemented

dfvltt.jpg

:mad:

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind it be referred to every now and then, like Gerrard did with the Brophy challenge but unless there is a benefit to Rangers, I’m not interested in weakening Kilmarnock, or any other team.

If he was banned would he not miss the replay against us since the suspension has to be served in the same competition? Or am I completely wrong?

If he was banned would he not miss the replay against us since the suspension has to be served in the same competition? Or am I completely wrong?
Great point and I think you’re correct.
I was thinking it was a straight red but even that might not be enough as it has to be violent conduct.
I’m often using this argument against people wanting opposition players sent off late in games already won.

We are hardly doing dignified silence considering the amount of statements the Club has put out over the last couple of years and Stevie G is clever with some of his comments.

We cant ask for consistancy and then not want anything done because it weakens them against Celtc

I'm a great believer in what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch if the referee misses something tyats the way the cookie crumbles. However we need consistency. McGregor and the boy from hibs cant be getting done for incidents the ref clearly saw and power doesn't.

Great point and I think you’re correct.
I was thinking it was a straight red but even that might not be enough as it has to be violent conduct.
I’m often using this argument against people wanting opposition players sent off late in games already won.
If he gets cited he would be banned for two games. One would be the next game Kilmarnock play as it is for violent conduct.

The second would be against us in the replay.

I said earlier in the season that this was the new way of weakening us by suspensions and injuries.

Some clown on here claimed paranoia but look where we are .

If it is bad just now can you imagine what it will be like going into the last month of the season if we are still well in contention ???

The amount of "political" tactics being used by the footballing authorities is scary as we don't know what their next snake like actions will be against us and it's not just from one club either , coincidentally.

Our club won't stand up for itself. It will just continue to take the beatings on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back