Alfredo

Rab_bear

There seems to be a general feeling that it’s inevitable that Alfredo will leave in the summer. Am I the only one that thinks there’s a chance he might not?

I can see us selling only if we get offered an appropriately structured deal of £12m + plus but is it really certain that will come in? He’s tied through to 2022 now so it’s not like we couldn’t keep him for another season and still cash in. Plus he seems happy and if we’ve managed to win the league he might want to have a crack at getting to the CL or if we haven’t want to have a go at winning the league next season.

Maybe wishful thinking from me

There seems to be a general feeling that it’s inevitable that Alfredo will leave in the summer. Am I the only one that thinks there’s a chance he might not?

I can see us selling only if we get offered an appropriately structured deal of £12m + plus but is it really certain that will come in? He’s tied through to 2022 now so it’s not like we couldn’t keep him for another season and still cash in. Plus he seems happy and if we’ve managed to win the league he might want to have a crack at getting to the CL or if we haven’t want to have a go at winning the league next season.

You're low balling at £12 million OP.

I'd love to keep him but if an offer of 15 million plus comes in he will be gone . He will be very difficult to replace but hopefully mark Allen has someone in mind to fill the void.

100% he’s away in the Summer, we will sell when his value is highest and he will want to go to England, imho

I think we will see him next season and he’ll go after next season. Not before he goes a full season with no red cards or bans, bangs in over 50 goals and gets us a record sale amount for a player in Scotland, say around £25M then when he leaves with his title winners medal (possibly his second) he will thank Rangers and the fans and tell the rest of Scottish football to go %^*& themselves!

Never heard of him in my puff at Fulham. He scored against a shite Rangers team. Every lady's front bottom was doing that week in week out. Alfredo is a better player than him.
Nonsense, if Dembele could stay fit he’d be a tremendous striker, different to Alfie.

I think the chances are very slim that we won’t recieve a £15m+ bid. Money we can’t, and shouldn’t, refuse.

A lot of Morelos’ attributes are very rare for a player his age – stuff that typically comes with years of experience for the vast majority of players he has naturally (using his body/strength, split-second delays and timing of runs, leading the line, intelligence with holding up the ball and bringing teammates into the game etc.).

Strikers that can lead the line themselves the way he does are like gold-dust atm, most modern formations build a team around them.

I honestly think he is absolutely loving it here, hes getting international recognition with Colombia and will know that We give him a real chance of playing European football. If he doesnt get a move to a top 6 EPL club then he’ll be nowhere near playing in Europe, hes still young enough to continue to develop here under SG and earn that big move we all believe he is capable of.

The biggest negative he will be thinking is the constant bullshit from the media here but I think hes confident enough to not let it get to him. As long as we back him and the club backs him I think Alfredo could stay on longer than many think.

Hope so! Could happen if the cheque book doesn't get thrown at us, but I still expect it to be closer to £10_£12m just cos we are in footballing backwater. Dembele went for more cos it was to France where he had loads of exposure due to him being French and continually highly rated by experts (top 50 young players in world etc)
A high sell on clause could net us another £4-£5m

I said similar in the interview thread. Get him to stay for one more year,as he clearly loves Gerrard being his boss.
Then after more European experience ( hopefully CL.) and a couple of medals, he will be in the £20m+ bracket.
And whoever he goes to, I will put a bet on that he doesn’t see red all season.

Hope so! Could happen if the cheque book doesn't get thrown at us, but I still expect it to be closer to £10_£12m just cos we are in footballing backwater. Dembele went for more cos it was to France where he had loads of exposure due to him being French and continually highly rated by experts (top 50 young players in world etc)
A high sell on clause could net us another £4-£5m
You could also look at Newcastle paying £25 mil for a striker from the MLS which is a league that St Mirren could win.

I think we will see him next season and he’ll go after next season. Not before he goes a full season with no red cards or bans, bangs in over 50 goals and gets us a record sale amount for a player in Scotland, say around £25M then when he leaves with his title winners medal (possibly his second) he will thank Rangers and the fans and tell the rest of Scottish football to go %^*& themselves!

This is the scenario I’d love. :))

Never heard of him in my puff at Fulham. He scored against a shite Rangers team. Every lady's front bottom was doing that week in week out. Alfredo is a better player than him.
Dembele was known before he came up here mate.Different type of striker and as has been said scored in big games that were live on tv

You could also look at Newcastle paying £25 mil for a striker from the MLS which is a league that St Mirren could win.
Haha I like it

Almiron established Paraguay international, for last few years, I love it if we get top top dollar for him, wher do you think he could end up?

Dembele was known before he came up here mate.Different type of striker and as has been said scored in big games that were live on tv

Wasn’t known to me, many games did he play for Fulham 1st team ?.

Watched him at Lyon a few times doesn’t look any better than he was at that mob.

Would be very surprised if Alfredo was here next season. He is good enough to play in a much better league where the wages are higher. It is unlikely that there is any other place, where he would have to put up all the hassle that he is subjected to here.

Gerrard and the coaching team has taken his game to a new level, he loves the city, he loves playing for us. him moving on in the summer for me is nowhere near certain especially if he gets picked by Columbia again which i think he will.

The only thing that may stop Morelos going is himself. Teams will be worried about his temprement. Don’t get me wrong I have defended him plenty and I think he got this latest suspension for absolutely nothing but that may stop him getting a move he deserves.

Comparing Alfie with Dembele is frankly ludicrous , as they are two totally different types of player .

Looking at it objectively , Dembele the more powerful finisher with a thunderous shot on him, when fit a real asset .

Alfie a much harder worker , far more to his all round game in a creative sense , but not quite at Dembele level for finishing IMO.

I’d love Alfie to stay but I do sadly think that if we get a bid of £15 million or above , he will be away .

It’s not just about us getting the money in for him it’s also clear that Alfie has his heart set on a bigger money move to a bigger league and he’s been honest with us from the get go .

I’ll follow his career wherever he goes and thank him . I’d love him to sign off with a Scottish cup winners medal .

Spurs were interested . I find it amazing that so many hadn’t heard of him .

I hadn’t either to be honest, and that’s not an attempt to downplay how good he is. Even now, surprised to hear he played 56 times for
Fulham – I was under the impression he was on the fringes rather than a first pick.

Wasn’t known to me, many games did he play for Fulham 1st team ?.

Watched him at Lyon a few times doesn’t look any better than he was at that mob.
Spurs tried to sign him well before the mentally challengeds got him.
Fulham got greedy and asked too much, ended up losing him for 30 bob.

He would have to further extend his contract to enable us to protect his value in the summer .He won't do that and will be off in the summer.

I don't agree that his red cards will stop him getting a move - there is footage from every angle of every incident, clubs will scout properly - especially at the level he'd be looking to move to, so will know exactly what they're getting.

I was 100% convinced he'd be off in the summer, but his interview in the last couple of days where he talks about working with Stevie Gerrard and is basically in awe of him and desperate to learn from him makes me doubt that a little.

Would love him to stay, but I think he can't wait to see that back of this shithole of a league and the officials that have such an impact on him.

I just hope we get the offer that makes everyone happy.

Yes i agree with what you say.BUT his head will be turned by his agent or whoever ...he will be told all sorts of crap and unfortunately he is so immature he will believe all he's told.

Yes i agree with what you say.BUT his head will be turned by his agent or whoever ...he will be told all sorts of crap and unfortunately he is so immature he will believe all he's told.
I actually think that his head has been turned! Turned on to Stevie G!! He has made it clear that he believes Stevie is an icon, and like all of our players, apart from Pena/Herrera, he wants to be in Stevie Gs team.
I think he looks happier than ever before, and going by that interview, he isn’t in the hurry to go that I thought he was.

I'd love him to be here, but just think there will be too much interest. I'll be gutted when the wee man leaves. Top player.

Absolute zero guarantee we can offer the same platform as this year with group stage European football. 12-15 goals in the EPL will propel him to the National team and a £40m valuation even without European football & untold wealth!
Whereas an excellent European goals return and 25-30 goals in Scotland gets him barely a sniff at International level and scandalous £8m valuations

If he does make Colombia squad his head will be turned...also we cannot guarantee European football at Group stage level. Also we can't turn down £15m.

I love Alfie but no way we will get £15m nobody is interested in him currently, his Euro return isn't great and old firm goals not there. Plus his discipline. Someone might come in with £8-£10m but it will be another Bordeaux Nice. He's better off with us.
Stay with us get 30 odd goals help win the league and score in the big games at Hampden, Parkhead and Europe. Then we might get £15m

I love Alfie but no way we will get £15m nobody is interested in him currently, his Euro return isn't great and old firm goals not there. Plus his discipline. Someone might come in with £8-£10m but it will be another Bordeaux Nice. He's better off with us.
Stay with us get 30 odd goals help win the league and score in the big games at Hampden, Parkhead and Europe. Then we might get £15m
If he is at Copa America AND we win league it changes a lot.

Another new member eh.

Back