St Johnstone Reserves v Rangers Reserves

Bonnyloyal

2dltavd.jpg

Polster getting some practice at right back by the looks of that line-up. Hope Middleton scores a few I’ve been surprised he hasn’t been making the bench lately given we only have 2 wingers making the squad.

I assume that's Nicky Hogarth the young goalkeeper named on the bench there. Could have sworn I saw him play for the U17s out in the desert last Friday. Surely he's not come home ahead of the rest of the squad whilst we are still in the tournament out there. Strange one if that's the case.

EDIT: Stupid me. It was JAY Hogarth out in the desert LOL.

Polster getting some practice at right back by the looks of that line-up. Hope Middleton scores a few I’ve been surprised he hasn’t been making the bench lately given we only have 2 wingers making the squad.

Is he at right-back though? Jordan Houston is normally a right-back so one of them has, presumably, switched.

43’| Goal Rangers. First real opportunity of the match for the visitors as Glenn Middleton fires home to level the scores.

43' GOAL! Kamara sends the ball into the path of Glen Middleton who fires the ball into the back of the net from inside the box. 1-1

He was on the bench on Saturday.

Anyone have a rough idea of what our formation is? Kamara and Coulibaly are similar types of players.

Plenty options with the players listed there but it could be a 4-4-2 diamond with Kelly playing behind Middleton and McPake and one of Coulibaly or Kamara holding with the other box-to-box. I think Kamara is much more 'dynamic' than Coulibaly and gets about the pitch a lot more.

I’d guess

Hogarth
Houston Mayo Finlayson Polster
Kamara Coulibaly Palmer
Middleton McPake Kelly
I assume you've done this the other way round and you mean Polster and Kelly on the right and Houston and Middleton on the left?

I assume you've done this the other way round and you mean Polster and Kelly on the right and Houston and Middleton on the left?
Don’t think Houston has ever played LB? Assume Polster is there since he is pretty versatile.

But yeah swap Middleton & Kelly round.

61’| Few chances in the second half so far with neither ‘keeper having much involvement in the game.

Back