Man city apologise to chelsea after playing madness song at full time

uneasydaz

Manchester City have apologised to Chelsea for the music that rang out around the Etihad Stadium following the hosts' 6-0 victory on Sunday.

The Madness song 'One Step Beyond', which is regularly played at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea win, blasted out of the stadium speakers immediately after the final whistle.

It is understood a City official swiftly contacted the member of staff in charge of the music when they heard the song, with it replaced by City anthem 'Blue Moon'.

An apology was offered to Chelsea for any offence caused. It is further understood the Blues, who were surprised by the choice of music, readily accepted the gesture.

Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick, Raheem Sterling netted twice and Ilkay Gundogan was also on the scoresheet as champions City secured an emphatic victory that saw them return to the top of the Premier League, moving ahead of Liverpool on goal difference, although the Reds have a game in hand.

FF is a strange place at times.

I follow neither of the two teams involved but having seen a bald man tie a scarf round our goal post at Ibrox. A bald Scottish man wave an Irish tricour at Ibrox. Various other ne'er do wells celebrate unabashed at Ibrox and heard Beautiful Sunday belted out whilst 50,000 "Irish men" sang along I kinda get how annoying it might be for a Chelsea fan.

I follow neither of the two teams involved but having seen a bald man tie a scarf round our goal post at Ibrox. A bald Scottish man wave an Irish tricour at Ibrox. Various other ne'er do wells celebrate unabashed at Ibrox and heard Beautiful Sunday belted out whilst 50,000 "Irish men" sang along I kinda get how annoying it might be for a Chelsea fan.

Talking of strange. Bit of a mental leap to compare the incidents.

Both problems for us and Chelsea can only be solved one way - start winning again.

Whining like a wee bitch is only going to bring further ridicule.

If the City official told the member of staff in charge of the music to change the music, then surely that would make the City official the member of staff in charge of the music!. No?.

%^*& off.

If teams can’t take a bit of ribbing then they cab get tae. Take your medicine and use it as motivation for when you next play them. I really wish one of our lot tied a scarf round the post at Ibrox this past December.

2uz5itz.jpg

Give it a few years and clubs will be apologising for winning a game and hope they didn't upset their opponent :rolleyes:

Talking of strange. Bit of a mental leap to compare the incidents.
Don't see why only done to wind up opposing team and supporters.

Talking of strange. Some teams even rearrange pictures within their stadium to wind up teams. There's another mental leap for you.

:D

Last edited:
Well these things often come back to bite you on the arse, and Chelsea have an opportunity in less than 2 weeks time at Wembley, unlikely they'll beat city on current form ....but if they do i've a feeling one step beyond will be blasted out of the wembley tannoy.

I’m confused, why would playing that song require an apology? Am I missing something?

Edit - Just read the bit about Chelsea playing it.

Last edited:
If the City official told the member of staff in charge of the music to change the music, then surely that would make the City official the member of staff in charge of the music!. No?.

Gerrard could tell Murty who to play in the youths but he’s not in charge of the youth team

Is it safe to come out from under my bed yet, the world must have stopped as soon as “one step beyond “ came on . The world of football will never be the same if a club have to apologise for playing a non offensive song.

Manchester City have apologised to Chelsea for the music that rang out around the Etihad Stadium following the hosts' 6-0 victory on Sunday.

The Madness song 'One Step Beyond', which is regularly played at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea win, blasted out of the stadium speakers immediately after the final whistle.

It is understood a City official swiftly contacted the member of staff in charge of the music when they heard the song, with it replaced by City anthem 'Blue Moon'.

An apology was offered to Chelsea for any offence caused. It is further understood the Blues, who were surprised by the choice of music, readily accepted the gesture.

Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick, Raheem Sterling netted twice and Ilkay Gundogan was also on the scoresheet as champions City secured an emphatic victory that saw them return to the top of the Premier League, moving ahead of Liverpool on goal difference, although the Reds have a game in hand.
why would this cause any offence :confused: there’s actually real problems in the world.

The guy at City has a wee sense of humour.

He continually referred to the Barcelona fans as ‘our Spanish friends’ which they certainly didn’t appreciate before and during their Champions League tie

Not sure how Pep felt about that.

On here when we got Gerrard some poster suggested we should play YNWA when we pump them at Ibrox.

Glad it didn't happen, it's a horrible depressing dirge.

Yea

Yeah but we got apologies as well, didn’t we?

Fucking hunks

We take our medicine and get on with it.

%^*& Man City, you’re just a small team in Stockport

Back