Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

Reading between the lines :rolleyes: it looks like the Scottish Sun is going with the US angle and Cairney whereas the Record are from the Scotland and Torbett side from Patrick Maguire.

As someone said above Peter might be firefighting with pulling articles, but this is soon to be too big for even master of propaganda like himself.

Reading between the lines :rolleyes: it looks like the Scottish Sun is going with the US angle and Cairney whereas the Record are from the Scotland and Torbett side from Patrick Maguire.

As someone said above Peter might be firefighting with pulling articles, but this is soon to be too big for even master of propaganda like himself.
They are really making a worse name for themselves. I mean just come out and assist in uncovering the truth at what went on, I don't believe for a second the people there currently don't know the full extent of what went on. They would be held in much higher regard than what they are currently.

It’s beyond political and media driven agenda now.

The whole world will be exposed to what this scum really are and were.

Sooner the are all brought to justice the better, it just shows you how tight knitted and lipped they all were in the disgusting ‘ring’ that not one of them has blown the whistle on the whole lot.

It’s beyond political and media driven agenda now.

The whole world will be exposed to what this scum really are and were.

Sooner the are all brought to justice the better, it just shows you how tight knitted and lipped they all were in the disgusting ‘ring’ that not one of them has blown the whistle on the whole lot.

Mate the Catholic church has been exposed for decades on a global scale and fxxk all has happened to them.

The scum will be able to throw the biggest and best lawyers at this whether in the UK or US. The cost of which will be minimal compared to the potential damages they face.

Mate the Catholic church has been exposed for decades on a global scale and fxxk all has happened to them.

The scum will be able to throw the biggest and best lawyers at this whether in the UK or US. The cost of which will be minimal compared to the potential damages they face.

The Catholic Church has been exposed on a global scale and it has had an effect.

Decline.

The scum will struggle to survive if, and it's a big if, American lawyers start litigation against them.

They are really making a worse name for themselves. I mean just come out and assist in uncovering the truth at what went on, I don't believe for a second the people there currently don't know the full extent of what went on. They would be held in much higher regard than what they are currently.

They absolutely should have got out ahead of this but the problem is they've spent so many years covering up and denying that all they can do now is wait for the shitstorm and pray they can somehow come out of it in one piece. They're guilty as hell and they know it despite all the "separate entity" nonsense.

They'll no doubt survive in football terms - apparently it's not as bad as EBTs after all - but at what cost to their finances and reputation?

They absolutely should have got out ahead of this but the problem is they've spent so many years covering up and denying that all they can do now is wait for the shitstorm and pray they can somehow come out of it in one piece. They're guilty as hell and they know it despite all the "separate entity" nonsense.

They'll no doubt survive in football terms - apparently it's not as bad as EBTs after all - but at what cost to their finances and reputation?
Any company sponsoring them should hang their heads in shame. Any football authority allowing them to play in competition’s should hang their heads in shame. Any club willing to let them into their stadium should hang their heads in shame.

I think this is getting beyond Celtic's means to control events. There are too many lawyers involved, too many court cases and if it goes international they are done.

At the moment there is still a lid on it but that is probably more for legal reasons than anything else. While cases are ongoing the media are going to be very restrained in reporting.

Not everyone in Scotland is a Celtc fan or even a football fan. There are lawyers and journalists who want to make a name for themselves or who just want to do the right thing. There may even be some who are hostile to Celtc. In the USA there are probably a number of lawyers who smell money hence the recent story about possible litigation there.

It is quite clear that the Celtc statements are written by their lawyers. But the separate entity fig leaf isn't going to work and they probably know it. There is too much hard evidence to the contrary.

The Scottish mhedia may be pro-Celtc but their bosses are outside Scotland. When the brown stuff finally hits the fan then they may find themselves overruled. Nobody wants to be considered 'soft' on child abuse.

As to Holyrood, there will come a point where the political disadvantages of sucking up to the Celtc constituency outweigh the political advantages. Sturgeon and the SNP have enough problems as it is. They won't need accusations of protecting abusers on top of that.

So I think we all need to be patient and I also think that we should never forget that the end-game here is justice for the victims and not getting one over on the mhanks.

A good post as usual HHB. However I have to take issue with the soft on child abuse part. It certainly doesn't seem to be an issue for the Scottish judiciary!

Listen, if the current incumbents behaviour proves anything its that this is an RC issue. Deny, deflect, and above all protect the "Church". Its intrinsic with them and that is the cold truth.

All these decades later and the party line remains EXACTLY the same as it did when the names of Whyte and Kelly hung above the front door.

The Catholic Church has been exposed on a global scale and it has had an effect.

Decline.

The scum will struggle to survive if, and it's a big if, American lawyers start litigation against them.

Fxxking horrific reading the numbers in that. Despite these crimes, it remains one of the richest organisations on the planet.

Will the catholic church use its influence if US lawyers go to town on celtic? Can or will the Scottish Government put up barriers?

The Filth will try to ride this out.

For some time now I'd finish my comments on this issue with 'tick tock' but now comeuppance time is fast approaching and it really is tick tock tick tock tick tock......... shut the fcukers down.

There are countless examples of far bigger names than that of cfc who have fallen due to the weight of evidence against them so let's stop with the fallacy they are untouchable.

The truth has a way of finding an out regardless of the how much is spent on keeping it under wraps. For the first time in decades the scum's campaign of suppressing the truth is finally looking like a lost cause. There is an air of inevitability about all of this now and God knows they have had it coming.

For those saying Celtic supporting lawyers won’t take the cases or will look to ‘get inside’ the cases and look to protect them, not everyone is like you or I - many people value their career over their football team and a case like this will make them.

Indeed it was a supposed Rangers man in Donald Muir who pressurised us for the bank to further his own end.

For those saying Celtic supporting lawyers won’t take the cases or will look to ‘get inside’ the cases and look to protect them, not everyone is like you or I - many people value their career over their football team and a case like this will make them.

Indeed it was a supposed Rangers man in Donald Muir who pressurised us for the bank to further his own end.
In an ideal world that's exactly what would happen but that lot are not normal. The club still hasn't apologised, tried to distance itself from the boys club and their scum fans are praying and hoping that it will go away. Don't think I would trust anyone with links to that cesspit.

I remember years ago the Peasants actually invited victims to the Piggery. It might have been during the McCann era. Why would they even try to invent this " separate entity" horse manure when this is all known ? Its mental. :oops:

I am starting to tweet and email every sponsor involved with this rotten mob. I urge every bear to do the same.

I will not be wearing any new balance gear or betting with dafabet as they involved with child abusing scum.

I really bought newbalance anyway ....
I tried this a while back never got one reply, if you get a proper list i would try it again

There are countless examples of far bigger names than that of cfc who have fallen due to the weight of evidence against them so let's stop with the fallacy they are untouchable.

The truth has a way of finding an out regardless of the how much is spent on keeping it under wraps. For the first time in decades the scum's campaign of suppressing the truth is finally looking like a lost cause. There is an air of inevitability about all of this now and God knows they have had it coming.

Am not saying they are untouchable mate.

There are concerns however -

Will the Scottish Government do anything - either force an investigation or actually in some way protect the filth?
Will the catholic church interfere?
The separate entity line will not stop them being punished but may soften the blow
Have the football authorities in Scotland got the balls to do anything - especially with high filth influence creeping about the Hampden corridors.

I am no supporter of the SNP or their divisive government believe me,but people asking for comment simply don't understand the legal system in this and any other civilised country.While there are still trials to come(McCafferty) they cannot make comment for fear of prejudicing the trial.It may be that witnesses from the previous trial MAY be called to give evidence in that trial and any comments made might influence the jury. As much as I would like to hear condemnation from this government and it's justice secretary I would expect to hear more once McCafferty is done and dusted.

3 convictions in 3 months involving the Sellik Boys Club. The Holyrood silence is deliberate.

not just holyrood but everywhere. Ive not heard anyone in my work mention it yet back in 2012 many were tax experts and even non football fans were talking, not a peep from anyone.

I had a mentally challenged in my work say to me with a straight face when mourinho got sacked:

i can go back to supporting man utd again,i cant support any team with him as a manager. He's a horrible human being.

ffs you support celtic!

I am no supporter of the SNP or their divisive government believe me,but people asking for comment simply don't understand the legal system in this and any other civilised country.While there are still trials to come(McCafferty) they cannot make comment for fear of prejudicing the trial.It may be that witnesses from the previous trial MAY be called to give evidence in that trial and any comments made might influence the jury. As much as I would like to hear condemnation from this government and it's justice secretary I would expect to hear more once McCafferty is done and dusted.
Don’t know where you get that from mate. There has been three men convicted already. There is absolutely no harm what so ever in the government alluding to the fact they are aware and will comment st an appropriate time when any comments they make will not influence any further actions that may be outstanding. They are simply not making any statement along this line because they know to do so would end them with thier voting demographic.

The Justice secretary told a victims family he would get the local MSP to speak to them, then ignored every correspondence with them since.

Don’t know where you get that from mate. There has been three men convicted already. There is absolutely no harm what so ever in the government alluding to the fact they are aware and will comment st an appropriate time when any comments they make will not influence any further actions that may be outstanding. They are simply not making any statement along this line because they know to do so would end them with their voting demographic.
I fully understand the point that you make even though it varies from the point that I was making.The real point I make is that some witnesses/accused for that matter may well be cited for the prosecution/defence in the upcoming case and that comments other than mere acknowledgement of the former cases might be prejudicial.

no you're right they don't understand it

a paedophile was recently found guilty and the c.unt's record expunged

they then tried to defend it

they can shove it up their arse, its not fit for purpose

Mate, the tabloids have already covered previous Celtc Boys Club trials and are all in the public domain. You could say that those widely read articles could prejudice any future trials involving Celtic Boys Club.

I must admit to having a nagging doubt. :(

What if Daly cherry-picked the articles from the celtc view?

i.e. ignoring earlier articles in that publication that stated "the boys club is a separate entity". Is it possible that they could have even "doctored" earlier publications? They've had over 30 years to do it.... probably a strategic implementation plan to prevent the club from being sued that was introduced by THE BUNNET?

These celtc views could then strangely (not ironic) offer a defence. With a search for copies of the original publications reaching offers of thousands of pounds on eBay? Sounds ridiculous I know, but I just worry we are underestimating the level of protection this entity has.

Will this lawyer with the dodgy name have been thorough, and instruct a junior to have every copy researched? One would hope so.

Spoke with a boy who played with Celtics boy club in 1995 and he said police had been in touch took a statement etc

He said that 100s of compensation claims have been made against the seperate entity and his understanding is that it could ruin them.

There’s a little glimpse into a potentially repugnant defence set to be played here by Celtic.

“They’re only trying to link the two entities to make money.”

Making the football club, and not those sexually assaulted, the victim.
Absolutely what they are doing here

I remember years ago the Peasants actually invited victims to the Piggery. It might have been during the McCann era. Why would they even try to invent this " separate entity" horse manure when this is all known ? Its mental. :oops:
This 'separate entity' nonsense is littered with contradiction going right back to the very start.

Patrick McGuire seems confident he has a mountain of evidence to prove otherwise.
Then again this is the Scottish justice system we are talking about and celtic are a protected species.

Spoke with a boy who played with Celtics boy club in 1995 and he said police had been in touch took a statement etc

He said that 100s of compensation claims have been made against the seperate entity and his understanding is that it could ruin them.

Was he a victim IL?

Hopefully not. Do you know who told him that? Was it a beat cop sent out to do the interview?

The danger is the cop might not know and it's just gossip where they over estimating numbers.

;)I am not doubting the veracity of your post though mate.

Back