Morelos - The Gentleman

RTamID

Jouni Hyytia, the Finnish FA’s head of refereeing, says opponents were afraid of the man known as ‘The Buffalo’.
But he also revealed that Morelos earned a reputation as a good guy after joining HJK in February 2016.

Hyytia told SunSport: “I know Morelos has had some problems in Scotland but I can say that, from our point of view in Finland, he was never a troublemaker.
“In fact, while he was here he had a reputation as a very nice person away from the stadium.

His behaviour was always completely correct. You would see him smiling and talking to supporters after matches.
“He was a gentleman when he was here. There was never one problem with him. When he played, of course, it was different.
“He is a physical player and he soon became known as ‘The Buffalo’ because of the way he played.
“There were occasions when referees here would show him a yellow card, but he was quite clever in the way he handled situations.

If he had to speak to our officials he would speak to them in Spanish and then they wouldn’t know what he was saying!
“If he did something that deserved a caution, he would say in English ‘I do not understand’ or ‘What do you mean?’
“Of course our referees knew he understood them perfectly well, but he pretended he didn’t!”
Hyytia believes Finnish defenders were bullied by Morelos and gave him more room to operate because of it — as 27 goals in his 42 HJK games showed.
He added: “Alfredo is a powerful, strong player. If you compare him physically against a typical Finnish defender, there’s a big difference.
“Not only was he stronger than most of them, he was also quicker than them. He had the strength to create space to control the ball, then run with it.
“Many of our defenders found they couldn’t play in their normal way against him. He was a big problem to a lot of them.
“Because of that a lot of them became a little afraid of playing against him.

And the result was they would stand off him and he would have space to play, so there weren’t so many tackles.
“That was why he did well at HJK — because there wasn’t as much physical contact, he enjoyed playing here and did well.
“HJK is Finland’s biggest club and when teams go to play them, especially in Helsinki, they defend to try to leave with a point.
“They dominate games, so he probably found the football relatively easy here.
“He also had players in the team, who have since moved to play in Norway or Sweden, and who created a lot of chances for him.
“But, of course, since he has gone to Scotland, he is up against stronger defenders and doesn’t have as much time and space.
“Perhaps that is why he is finding it tougher there.”

Hyytia told SunSport: “I know Morelos has had some problems in Scotland but I can say that, from our point of view in Finland, he was never a troublemaker.
“In fact, while he was here he had a reputation as a very nice person away from the stadium

The only problem that Alfie has in Scotland is that he plays for us.

If he played for the papes he’d be getting lauded as their next £40 million superstar.

But because it’s Rangers, and Scottish football & those that make a “career” on its table scraps hate us, he gets vilified.

Mainly because they are scared of what he can do on a football pitch.

all these little facts about Alfie should be put up on the club website along with questions such as that asked by Muttley," Who exactly has Alfie injured if he's that nuts as the media are making him out to be " and the fact he never had 1 Red until he came to us.

Interview in his homeland press. At least he's happy. Hope he comes back with a point to prove.
I'm praying he scores the winner against the mentally challengeds.
Love Alfie, just wish every fuker would leave him alone. Won't happen he's far too good!!

"I am the top scorer in the league with 15 goals and I am very happy at Rangers. It took me a lot longer to adjust to playing in Finland with HJK Helsinki than it did when I arrived in Scotland. The snow was a surprise in Finland, but in Glasgow I feel very comfortable. There are great restaurants here and the people are friendly."

If we get foreign refs wait and see the meltdown by the mentally challengeds if we get a Finnish ref for an old firm.

If Morelos played for any other team, the excuses would be flying around "Ach, that's just the way he plays"........

I compare him to TLB in a way. Adored by his own - despised by others.

He is certainly not a bad human being - that's for sure.

If Morelos played for any other team, the excuses would be flying around "Ach, that's just the way he plays"........

I compare him to TLB in a way. Adored by his own - despised by others.

He is certainly not a bad human being - that's for sure.
Thats the thing, the only people who hate Lennon are us and hearts. Even cunts like Aberdeen and Motherwell suck up his arse thinking he's great for the country, yet when they have a player of Morelos quality who Id say is the best striker in the league since 2012, they are desperate to ruin his career. It's actually fucking disgusting how they treat him.

Highlights what a shitey wee backwater this country has become

As above if Alfie played for St Pats the mhedia would be telling us he’s worth £40m and one of the top 6 EPL clubs are ready to fight for his signature

His treatment in Scotland is a disgrace. He’s a marked man as they know how good he is and the mhedia campaign against Alfie is sickening

The only problem that Alfie has in Scotland is that he plays for us.

If he played for the papes he’d be getting lauded as their next £40 million superstar.

But because it’s Rangers, and Scottish football & those that make a “career” on its table scraps hate us, he gets vilified.

Mainly because they are scared of what he can do on a football pitch.

That’s because lawless has contacts in the papers that we don’t due to him being at their club over 15 years , with all our chopping and changing of public relation officers relationships back handed phone calls been very difficult to get this back to the 90’s and early 2000’s Murray days

If we get foreign refs wait and see the meltdown by the mentally challengeds if we get a Finnish ref for an old firm.
No matter which nationality a ref is,they would pick fault at something if we beat them.
It's in their DNA,they can't accept a defeat as being fair and square.Remember their mantra ...always cheated never defeated.

the actual bit on the back of the paper just tells you how much an agenda they have against Morelos

"he's a saint...honest" :rolleyes:

time we found out whether Scottish journalists are guilty of racism, xenophobic behaviour or sectarianism or all 3 of the above

Thats the thing, the only people who hate Lennon are us and hearts. Even cunts like Aberdeen and Motherwell suck up his arse thinking he's great for the country, yet when they have a player of Morelos quality who Id say is the best striker in the league since 2012, they are desperate to ruin his career. It's actually fucking disgusting how they treat him.
The Sheep hate Lennon since he said he got spat on by them at Tynecastle.

No matter which nationality a ref is,they would pick fault at something if we beat them.
It's in their DNA,they can't accept a defeat as being fair and square.Remember their mantra ...always cheated never defeated.
Of course they would mate, funnily enough the last good few seasons they had went quiet on that front but by god they are back with a vengeance now. Living in Greenock I have heard lots of them talking in their wee cliques about refs etc. Doesn't take them long to revert to type and play the victim.
Deluded bastards btw, they can't even see that they have had a free run for years after the way we got shafted from the powers that be, the only club to get kicked from pillar to post for financial difficulties whilst others received help.

Of course they would mate, funnily enough the last good few seasons they had went quiet on that front but by god they are back with a vengeance now. Living in Greenock I have heard lots of them talking in their wee cliques about refs etc. Doesn't take them long to revert to type and play the victim.
Deluded bastards btw, they can't even see that they have had a free run for years after the way we got shafted from the powers that be, the only club to get kicked from pillar to post for financial difficulties whilst others received help.
I'll never trust a Celtic fan ever again to talk the truth about anything to do with us.They will say one thing to your face to placate you but once they're in the company of fellow Tims they speak their mind.

Back