Should CCCS members be able to opt out of replays?

cooprfc

Maybe I'm wrong but, in my opinion, Kilmarnock have enforced this ridiculously high price for a cup replay as they have a guaranteed 23k or thereabouts paying it on the CCCS.

This will impact our team's chances as I'm not convinced we will get many more fans than those obliged to pay it through the door.

If we were able to opt out of replays, that'd mean these clubs might have to think about how they negotiate the price and create a better all-round spectacle for the cup.

Or am I just annoyed because I'm paying 27 quid for a game that I'm working and can't make that wasn't on the original calendar? :D

I see your point but think of all of us that paid £27 + travel for the Away leg and now having to pay it again

IMO, no you shouldn't be able to opt out for replays. Im on the CCCS scheme and you know that replays are a possibility.

The price is too high, no doubt about that but that's the chance you take

If the draw was at home if on the scheme you'd be paying it regardless and the price would be the same. Don't really see the logic here.

I think the price is too high but I don't see how it's any different to paying 27 quid for Rugby park, it's the same game with the same reward.
There is a simple way to avoid having to pay for replays, don't opt in if you don't like the prices, then take your chances on a ticket should you decide you want to go.

£27 for Ibrox is far better value than £27 at Rugby Park.

£20 is a fair price. People are getting hot under the collar over £7

I'm sure you can still withdraw from the CCCS or just have the payment failed.

It's an expensive business following your team when they go into the later rounds of cups. Wouldn't have it any other way though as much as the credit card has been taken a bit of a beating.

Hope the replay see's the CCCS dwindle a bit for more chance of a Hampden ticket for the semi or final, should we get there, considering we've only had the one home game (assuming this counts?).

The same people moaning would be same ones moaning if they didn't get a ticket for a semi or final at Hampden.

You either support the team or don't. You can't pick and chose your games.

maybe if we hadn't played Defoe as a lone striker when he clearly can't play that position or had a Plan B against Killie we would actually have won the game and had no need for a replay.

Part of me thinks we were just as happy with the draw as they were. A game of Morelos ban chalked off, no damage done. We go again.

Nah not for me. You tick the box for all home cup games in the knowledge there's always the chance of a replay. If people don't fancy replays then they shouldn't tick the box, as you always get the chance to buy your own seat anyway before any public sale.

My point isn't about paying it. I've been on the CCCS since it started and never missed a payment. My last sentence was tongue in cheek hence the emoji.

I'm saying the guaranteed 23k paying it has prompted killie to request the full price. If people at least had the option to withdraw, whether they did or didn't, that would strengthen the club's hand when negotiating with these clubs and allow us home advantage by getting closer to a full Ibrox as there would be no guarantee on Kilmarnocks part.

Maybe I'm wrong but, in my opinion, Kilmarnock have enforced this ridiculously high price for a cup replay as they have a guaranteed 23k or thereabouts paying it on the CCCS.

This will impact our team's chances as I'm not convinced we will get many more fans than those obliged to pay it through the door.

If we were able to opt out of replays, that'd mean these clubs might have to think about how they negotiate the price and create a better all-round spectacle for the cup.

Or am I just annoyed because I'm paying 27 quid for a game that I'm working and can't make that wasn't on the original calendar? :D
If the replay was against Celtic- would you still want to cancel - here endith the lesson

My point isn't about paying it. I've been on the CCCS since it started and never missed a payment. My last sentence was tongue in cheek hence the emoji.

I'm saying the guaranteed 23k paying it has prompted killie to request the full price. If people at least had the option to withdraw, whether they did or didn't, that would strengthen the club's hand when negotiating with these clubs and allow us home advantage by getting closer to a full Ibrox as there would be no guarantee on Kilmarnocks part.

I could be wrong mate, but if the replay isn't the same price as the initial cup game (which was agreed on by both clubs) then it reverts to the standard tier pricing which, again I could be wrong, would be more than the £27.

Console yourself in the fact we have yet another away game if we progress.

You’re bank balance won’t be battered for a scheme you actually, physically signed up for.

Some people, tsk!

I could be wrong mate, but if the replay isn't the same price as the initial cup game (which was agreed on by both clubs) then it reverts to the standard tier pricing which, again I could be wrong, would be more than the £27.

I was of the understanding that it was only if clubs failed to agree on a price. Maybe you're right enough mate. Anyone know for sure?

Just feel we need to be calling the shots, not propping up other clubs.

That's not the point being made at all.

Try and read mate.
The point is you want to pick and choose what games to pay for despite signing up to ALL HOME CUP GAMES - as I said if the replay was against Celtic you would never dream of wanting to cancel - and the £27 price was agreed before the game at rugby park so the price for Ibrox is automatically the same

Last edited:
The point is you want to pick and choose what games to pay for despite signing up to ALL HOME CUP GAMES - as I said if the replay was against Celtic you would never dream of wanting to cancel

No it's not. I don't want to cancel and gave never done so in 15 years of the CCCS.

Please stop making stuff up.

No it's not. I don't want to cancel and gave never done so in 15 years of the CCCS.

Please stop making stuff up.
Ok, you want to have the option to opt out - that to me means you want the option to cancel any particular game that you don’t fancy - and I’ll see your 15 years with my 30+ years on away scheme

Ok, you want to have the option to opt out - that to me means you want the option to cancel any particular game that you don’t fancy - and I’ll see your 15 years with my 30+ years on away scheme

What's that to do with anything? It's not an argument over who is the staunchest.

I wouldn't cancel anything whether option was there or not. Why would I start a thread on the internet to moan about it anyway? What would that achieve?

Quite clearly, I'm saying, that specific to cup replays, if the club couldn't guarantee X amount of sales to Kilmarnock then we would then be able to call the shots with a view to getting a fuller Ibrox.

Stop looking for an argument that's not there.

My biggest issue with it is that some people are being made to pay £52 to see Rangers try to get past Kilmarnock. 7 times we will see this fixture this season and Killie will make an absolute fortune from it.

As David Edgar said on H&H, people have 3 TV subscriptions to follow their team, plus season tickets, plus every cup game and travelling expenses. Do they need to make it so bloody expensive? This is why so many Scottish fans don't bother any more.

What's that to do with anything? It's not an argument over who is the staunchest.

I wouldn't cancel anything whether option was there or not. Why would I start a thread on the internet to moan about it anyway? What would that achieve?

Quite clearly, I'm saying, that specific to cup replays, if the club couldn't guarantee X amount of sales to Kilmarnock then we would then be able to call the shots with a view to getting a fuller Ibrox.

You post a situation that is automatically agreed before the first game took place the ticket price of £27 - if it was £27 for the first game it is the same for any replay- so Kilmarnock cannot dictate price for any replay based on our home cccs Numbers and this makes your option to opt out scenario invalid- and I agree with the first few words of your original post - you may be wrong, I think on this occasion that you are most definitely wrong assuming Kilmarnock dictate our replay prices due to numbers on home cccs

You post a situation that is automatically agreed before the first game took place the ticket price of £27 - if it was £27 for the first game it is the same for any replay- so Kilmarnock cannot dictate price for any replay based on our home cccs Numbers and this makes your option to opt out scenario invalid- and I agree with the first few words of your original post - you may be wrong, I think on this occasion that you are most definitely wrong assuming Kilmarnock dictate our replay prices due to numbers on home cccs

Fair enough mate. Rest assured, I'm not looking for a reason for me personally to opt out nor did I imply that.

I still don't get the point. The price was set for Rugby Park so it has to be the same for Ibrox.

Where did you see that mate? I’m not saying you are wrong, it’s the second time I’ve seen somebody mention this. I’m just wondering if folk are getting mixed up with the rule that says one set of fans can’t be charged more than the other.

When you sign up for cccs you sign up for ALL home games except friendlies, a cup replay comes under all home games. I don't have a problem with it.

I think £27 is excessive for an early cup game however I understand the logic that it remains the same as the first leg. I guess replays are what smaller clubs want, to go back to the bigger stadiums and make some coin. However having said that - the thought of any club from this corrupt league making money from us grates on me. Not that I can do anything about it. Anyway let's hope we pump them on a real playing surface.

Where did you see that mate? I’m not saying you are wrong, it’s the second time I’ve seen somebody mention this. I’m just wondering if folk are getting mixed up with the rule that says one set of fans can’t be charged more than the other.
I've seen it on here a few times myself. So I suppose it may well be wrong.

Had a quick look on the SFA website there and I can’t see any rules specifically mentioning prices for replayed matches. The only thing I could see about pricing was that both clubs need to agree and that if they don’t, then the SFA step in and set pricing based on what is normally charged for the venue the game is being played at.

I've seen it on here a few times myself. So I suppose it may well be wrong.

Home teams can’t charge away teams more than their own supporters, I think that’s where the confusion comes in. If I remember correctly, Dunfermline were made to change their ticket prices because they were charging us more for the same stand than their own fans. This is going back a few years now.

No, if you opt out you should forfeit your ticket for the potential semi-final and final.

We’ve been drawn away in every round so not as if there are lots of home games in this years cup.

Lucky for you mate cause big Jo seems staunch AF.

I’m not in the home CCCS, I work shifts so it would be crazy signing up for games I don’t know if I can attend, it’s bad enough missing league and Euro games.
One thing I do think they should introduce is a monthly payment coming out for any games attended the previous month. Take the payment at the end of the month when most people get paid, it could include any home cup games, Euro matches and away tickets allocated. It would take away the need to debit peoples accounts at short notice and give folk a chance to see what’s coming out later in the month.

I think there is more to it than that. The clubs have to agree the prices FOR THE INITIAL TIE. Should it go to a replay, as far as I'm aware, there is no renegotiation. The prices are fixed at the same as they were for the initial match, or as close as possible given the differing stadia layouts. It's not in the rules per se but, as far as I can recall, that's generally been the way.

I think there is more to it than that. The clubs have to agree the prices FOR THE INITIAL TIE. Should it go to a replay, as far as I'm aware, there is no renegotiation. The prices are fixed at the same as they were for the initial match, or as close as possible given the differing stadia layouts.

This is the solution. And none of the "revert to league pricing" shit, cause that just negatively impacts us and them, no one else.

I’m not in the home CCCS, I work shifts so it would be crazy signing up for games I don’t know if I can attend, it’s bad enough missing league and Euro games.
One thing I do think they should introduce is a monthly payment coming out for any games attended the previous month. Take the payment at the end of the month when most people get paid, it could include any home cup games, Euro matches and away tickets allocated. It would take away the need to debit peoples accounts at short notice and give folk a chance to see what’s coming out later in the month.

Why not let Rangers take a monthly payment for any possible games coming up? Rangers could sit on the money & refund it if no games allocated. You would still be able to manage your bank account.

No.

They make it clear what you’re signing up for at season ticket renewal time and you get benefits for guaranteeing your cash too.

No, but imo replays should be capped at £15 or around that. It's basically found money so clubs for a change should do something that benefits the fans instead of being further fleeced.

I think we can all agree the pricing is too high, however we have a bigger fan base so will be seen as a cashcow by the smaller clubs and they will look at it as supply vrs demand.

If Kilmarnock had drawn against a smaller club then guaranteed the pricing for the replay pricing would have been reduced.

With regards Csss, we sign up knowing the pricing structure for away tickets are out of our hands. However we are then guaranteed being in the pot for a ticket so can we really complain?

I have a double whammy as my son has turned 18 and he is still treating me like a bank but I'd rather follow Rangers with him than sit in the house.

This happens every season, people sign up knowing full well the details and what will happen for every round. Yet still every season we get complaints on here about not being able to opt out.

It would be far too much for the Ticket Office to control if you could opt in and out of games as the season goes on. Then you will start having people wanting preference because they never opted out.

Happens every year.

Replays should be done away with fill stop.

Nothing more than a money making scheme.

I will need to pay my £27 ..I'm on the cccs but unfortunately I will be in lanzarotte that night ..bluebell bar for me ..shorts ..tee shirt and sunglasses

Back