Lovenkrands wanted by Nordsjaelland to be new boss

Bonnyloyal

Danish club FC Nordsjaelland have targeted Rangers coach Peter Lovenkrands to be their new boss.

The former Ibrox hero is impressing in his role with Gers’ reserve side.

And Nordsjaelland are keen on him replacing outgoing head coach Kasper Hjulmand.

He’s leaving the Danish top flight outfit this summer and Lovenkrands is on their radar.

Sporting Director Carsten Jensen is an admirer of the ex-Newcastle and Schalke striker - and has put him on a list of managerial targets.

Lovenkrands grew up in the Farum area of Denmark, close to where Nordsjaelland are based

He told Record Sport: “Of course, I’d be flattered by any interest from FC Nordsjaelland.

“They’re my local club and being a manager is something I want to do in the future.

“But I love my job at Rangers and that’s all I’m focusing on right now.”

I used to work for a company near Farum and would regularly stay at the Nordsjaelland stadium hotel. It’s a dump, but one time I got upgraded to a room overlooking the pitch, and it happened to be on a match day. Good times.

He’s doing a good job where he is now and this is being noticed. I would like to see him remain with us a bit longer but he will at some point look to move onto the managerial ladder in his own right.

I think the plan from Mark Allan and Rangers now is for our coaches to start at the certain youth level then work their way through the groups, until, if they prove themselves, be considered for the top job.

The boy we were heavily linked with in January plays for them. Andreas Olsen Skov. Will be a good chance for us to get a closer look at him if he goes there.

hhTgpNS.gif

Pay up plenty then.

If he gets the job we could maybe set them up as a feeder club and at the very least should improve our scouting of the scandanavian leagues sure they were in the champions league not that long ago

I hope when the time comes for Gerrard to move back to Liverpool we have the set up and infrastructure in place by Mark Allen that our replacement manager will come from the likes of Thomson or Lovenkrands

Back