Ibrox Atmosphere

The players should be wise enough to know what the crowd is like. Imperative we set the tone from the off and don't let a team settle into their block.

We did that today and I knew 15 minutes in the way it was going to go

I can’t tell you how this rubbish does my nut in. We fill the ground week on week. We kept the club afloat. The players created the atmosphere today as they were honking. This myth that us singing can create a goal is infantile. The fans rarely get much to sing about as it’s false dawn after false dawn. It’s a miracle they still turn up in their droves. Gie us peace.

When you can see from the first 5 minutes how that was going to pan out it is difficult to get the crowd going! No one really believes when we have a team without Alfie, Jack, Arfield and Shagger that we won't struggle! Today just confirmed what a lot of us think, first 11 a chance more than a player or 2 out no chance!

It plays right in to the hands of the opposition when we are struggling. The performance of the players today was dreadful but so was the performance of a huge number of so called supporters.

Just messaged my cousin the same. Its poisonous. If i was a football player i would not want to play for us. Our fans dont get behind our team as a support we can be awful.

We need to change things at Ibrox, not everyone will sing and back the team When we are struggling but a safe standing section full of bears might just keep us going when things are not going well.
It’s worth a try.

We didn't "support" our team one bit today.

Flat as f.uck from the first minute.

Numbers mean nothing. Support is what the players need. What's the point in having 50,000 when we sound like 50 ??!

Some of the abuse aimed at our players from the main stand near the copland end was disgusting, what made it worse the fans in that area all know the players families sit in that section, the abuse our captain and ex captain where getting for most of the game was sickening. Some of our fans are not fit to wear our colours let alone enter our stadium.

Other than old firm games and euro nights Ibrox is terrible for atmosphere always has been even when we were winning everything in the 90s

Lucky if we get 3 or 4 league games a season with a good atmosphere. Dross from when the players enter the park until 75min sub way loyal/final whistle, No more Ibrox roar.

We let the team down most home games, any time we wake up and become the 12th man we win more often than not.

We expect more from them - absolutely!

They should expect more from us!

We have the Best away support in the UK, some contrast at Ibrox.

Only in the UK is that a thing. Which is why the UK is the poorest atmospheres in football.
What a load of shite. Heaven forbid a crowd might react to the game in front of them. European teams who sing the same Ultras drone the full game win lose or draw is not the makings of a good atmosphere.

Can’t be a nice place to play football when it’s not going your way or your low on confidence.

Was about 10mins in today when the “get him tae phuck” stuff started, even heard somebody go on a rant about barasic that would have been a bit strong for an opposition player ffs.

The players should be wise enough to know what the crowd is like. Imperative we set the tone from the off and don't let a team settle into their block.

We did that today and I knew 15 minutes in the way it was going to go

This is the biggest worry for me. We all could see the way it was going. And we were right. The manager should’ve saw this early on also and tried to change it up a bit.

It plays right in to the hands of the opposition when we are struggling. The performance of the players today was dreadful but so was the performance of a huge number of so called supporters.

Agree Stu. Guys around me were moaning very early in the game about nothing things.

And when we really lift the noise the players normally react. Today was like a funeral.

Lucky if we get 3 or 4 league games a season with a good atmosphere. Dross from when the players enter the park until 75min sub way loyal/final whistle, No more Ibrox roar.

We let the team down most home games, any time we wake up and become the 12th man we win more often than not.

We expect more from them - absolutely!

They should expect more from us!

We have the Best away support in the UK, some contrast at Ibrox.

Good post.

The atmosphere is shit at every league game apart from the tims. And it has been for years, even when we were scudding teams under Advocaat. So the fact that it isn't a cauldron of noise has no bearing on the result.

As for the abuse of the players and negative groans moans etc from the crowd I didn't think it was too bad today. Got worse in last 15 mins, understandably, as it had become clear as day that we weren't going to score.

Not one attempt from the stands to get behind the team when they were clearly struggling. Flat as f.uck. Hugely disappointing. Ibrox is a real problem.

Big in numbers, poor in support.
Tell us that when we are shilling our money out come renewal time.

A lot of folk like to complain about the lack of support but bearing in mind that it's maybe a small minority actually singing at some games yet plenty complaining about the atmosphere I'm doubtful as to how many are actually doing some and not just moaning about the people not doing it

Team get paid thousands a week , imagine any of us complained that we couldn't do out job properly because of the atmosphere in our work,I don't feel the love in my work but I still show up and do my fucking job

I think it’s a catch 22 with this squad.

We as a winning support, expect a winning team, and we react as the team performs. This current team reacts to how the crowd “performs”.

If the team is bang up for it, then we go for it as loud and proud as we can, and they seem to up the tempo.
If the team are rank rotten and we are a bit whingey, they get worse.

There needs to be a middle ground where either the fans get the players up for it - this is not possible every week and every game - or the team need to get the fans up for it.

Rangers teams historically done everything and anything to get a goal and they get the fans on their side, however, WINNING Rangers teams performed and won under any level of crowd noise.

Either we need to drag the team through games, or they need to do their fecking jobs and get us up for it.

It's up to the players to perform regardless but why shouldn't we take criticism ourselves?

The atmosphere at start of the season was one of excitement and was good at most games. We had a great record at Ibrox, lately the atmosphere has been poor and so has the players performances.

Yes the blame goes to the management and players but we really don't help them

Agreed. Far too many never sing, never shout, never urge the team. Frankly, they should %^*& off home or to the pub and let those who actually give a shit get behind the team. It’s been like that for years. Particularly in the Club Deck where I sit. And by the way I’m 40 something, not some young team guy.

Team get paid thousands a week , imagine any of us complained that we couldn't do out job properly because of the atmosphere in our work,I don't feel the love in my work but I still show up and do my fucking job

A pish argument.

I apologise however if you work in front of 50k people screaming how shit you are while your trying to do your job.

A 7 hour drive up last night. Hotel for the weekend. Plenty of cash spent to attend the match like many others. The atmosphere was poor today but we can not lay all of the blame for that on the support. The team needs to show energy and commitment to get the crowd going and they did none of that today. It’s a collective effort and collective failure, team and support.

The atmosphere is shit at every league game apart from the tims. And it has been for years, even when we were scudding teams under Advocaat. So the fact that it isn't a cauldron of noise has no bearing on the result.

As for the abuse of the players and negative groans moans etc from the crowd I didn't think it was too bad today. Got worse in last 15 mins, understandably, as it had become clear as day that we weren't going to score.

There’s one part of that id disagree with EK. I think the fanbase as a whole has let years of no trophies build up on us & can be very very impatient these days.
We are desperate for a return to winning a trophy & the tims run frustrates us & it leads to us being unreasonable at times imo.

Back