Gerrard reaction

The subs are woeful they hinder rather benefit us.
I fail to see how someone like Gerrard can watch Lafferty and think he's a player.
Team just pass pass pass and yet St Johnstone 3 touches from their goalie they ar lobbing ours, it's dire.
There has been to many dire performances and thankfully Celtic have not been good ars last 2 years or Wed be 20 plus points behind them.
You can't build a team around Morelos when he is so temperamental.

He gets away with it because of who he is. Other managers would be slaughtered for the last two performances.

I think his excellent interviews have probably bought him a leniency that results don’t deserve.

Gerrard undoubtably has the temperament and standards required to be a Rangers manager. I am staring to think a couple of years elsewhere sharpening his tactical acumen might have been better for him than coming straight here

Perspective is needed. Success this season for us is 2nd with a final and EL qualification. We almost got the KO stages of the EL and are all but certain to get at least 2nd. Gerrard has done a good job this year. All the stats about being only 3pts ahead of last season don't take into account the extra 14 games or whatever it is we have played in Europe or that many of the other sides are better than the opposition in the league last year (see Killie and Hearts). Today was just a small dose of reality after some great individual results.

Totally uninspiring watching standing with his hands in his pockets.
He should be screaming at some of these players.

Him sitting watching the last minutes of the defeat at Rugby Park sum it up. Sitting back in the dugout with his arms folded. How he suddenly expects his players to turn up after 85 minutes of awfulness without motivation from the touchline is baffling.

Does he accept these terrible performances before the fulltime whistle or what?

He was a very passionate, vocal player. Now he just looks on as if he has no way of influencing the team.

All we need Is "we'll learn from it and move on" his thinly veiled threats towards the players isn't working because he constantly picks the same underperformers time and time again. Taking the midfield and attack away. The defence was absolutely shocking today.

The subs are woeful they hinder rather benefit us.
I fail to see how someone like Gerrard can watch Lafferty and think he's a player.
Team just pass pass pass and yet St Johnstone 3 touches from their goalie they ar lobbing ours, it's dire.
There has been to many dire performances and thankfully Celtic have not been good ars last 2 years or Wed be 20 plus points behind them.
You can't build a team around Morelos when he is so temperamental.

Lafferty came on and had more of a threat about him than the other 10 players combined

He gets away with it because of who he is. Other managers would be slaughtered for the last two performances.
It's players who need slaughtered. There's a few sacred cows who need dropped. SG inferred that with his "getting too comfortable in the dressing room" comment.

He’s made bad signings in Defoe and Davis. He can’t find a formation to suit Defoe who is a man down in that set up. We claimed we would look at character in signings, I see zero evidence of character when things get difficult. This team cannot grind out results. Thing is next season we are stuck with a lot of them. It’s also likely we have no Morelos and two strikers that are way past their best. It’s not looking good.

He won't accept mediocrity so with that in mind why play a 37 year old up front on his own and a half fit centre half?

Just out of curiosity what would you have done differently today.

Are you trying to defend the way we set up today and performed?

At the very least he should be out there screaming at players to take a man on, drive into areas in and around the box. What good is waiting until your in the dressing room after the game?

We have players like Kent and Middleton who are very capable of taking a man or two on in different ways. Not once did I see him encouraging any players.

We will get nowhere spraying passes along the halfway line and back lethargically. Exactly what we did for large parts of the game. I’m frustrated at seeing him do nothing on the sidelines.

He says the same thing every fortnight after a defeat or draw. Simply not good enough. My humble opinion of course. To others on here, he's the best thing since sliced bread, don't see it myself.

He is angry. Absolutely fuming in fact. He should be. However, I always think he gives a little too much away when he's this angry. With his body language you could tell he was holding back into the bargain! The players better hope he cools down a bit by Monday, but something tells me he won't.

Not going with Defoe up front on his own would have been a start.

It’s clear that is never going to work.
Even taking that into consideration , and you may well be correct , Defoe up top alone doesn't work but it was way more than that today .

Hardly a player got pass marks in a must win game, at home, in front of a full house.

Too many don't have the minerals to play for us , it's not just today either.

Just to be straight , I never expected us to win the league this season .

Just out of curiosity what would you have done differently today.

Personally I wouldn’t have had two sitters in the midfield, and I wouldn’t have had Defoe upfront on his own, after it failed so miserably a week ago.

A bigger problem is it looks like we haven’t improved in the January window, but that’s gone now, as is the title challenge.

Seems like media training for football people consists of a list of things to repeat ad infinitum. Boring and predictable.

You are way off the mark mate.
I sit behind the dugout and he was very engaged in the match today, constantly giving direction and trying to push the team on.
Criticism is fine, but you are talking utter shite here.
Was he engaging and pushing the team on when he sat in the dug out for the last 5 mins.
I'm behind the manager but he is not immune for criticism.

Are you trying to defend the way we set up today and performed?

At the very least he should be out there screaming at players to take a man on, drive into areas in and around the box. What good is waiting until your in the dressing room after the game?

We have players like Kent and Middleton who are very capable of taking a man or two on in different ways. Not once did I see him encouraging any players.

We will get nowhere spraying passes along the halfway line and back lethargically. Exactly what we did for large parts of the game. I’m frustrated at seeing him do nothing on the sidelines.

Do you think that players a) listen to what a manager is shouting or b) can hear. Obviously you want a deranged lunatic jumping and bawling on the sidelines - it's not U5's FFS.

He calls it correctly but at some point calling it correctly without fixing it becomes tedious.
Totally understand where you are coming from but it is not easy to fix it when so many players turn in such poor performances. Without Morelos we are a very average team.

You are way off the mark mate.
I sit behind the dugout and he was very engaged in the match today, constantly giving direction and trying to push the team on.
Criticism is fine, but you are talking utter shite here.

Very engaged? Interacting minimal isn’t motivating anyone.

Funny how people see things different I suppose.

It isn’t just today we’ve seen examples of this either.

Back