Rossiter loan confirmed

thanks for the good wishes. Will give regular updates. Our checkatrade semi-final is live on sky so you can judge for yourselves on the 27th Feb. That's assuming we won't rest our better players as in previous rounds but with being 90 mins from Wembley I doubt it.

Thanks very much Andy. Any updates you can give will be much appreciated.

He played the full 90 mins for us yesterday. Very useful player, did nothing spectacular, but was always available to receive a pass and always made the right pass. I think he gave the ball away once in the whole match. Seemed very fit.

Right now, playing the 90 minutes is the most important thing. Get game time, confidence improves and so will performances.

Thanks for the update.

Our CM optiobs potentially come July;

McCrorie, Jack, Arfield, Docherty, Davis, Dorrans, Rossiter, Kamara.
I don't think we need any more than 6

Disagree. Do you see anyone there who will score 10 goals a season? No Morelos next season means more goals needed around the team

That’s a lot of midfielders, but personally I think we’re still short of one or two players of real quality.

McCrorie and Rossiter (if they fulfill their potential) could easily run our midfield for the next 5 years minimum, which leaves the missing piece of a creative/no 10 style player if they were playing in a 3.

McCrorie and Rossiter (if they fulfill their potential) could easily run our midfield for the next 5 years minimum, which leaves the missing piece of a creative/no 10 style player if they were playing in a 3.

I honestly don’t think we’ll see Rossiter back at Ibrox. McCrorie I agree with though.

The rest?

Good solid squad players, but we need better around them to elevate our midfield onto the next level.

How anyone can say that about Rossiter is utterly beyond me.

It’s based on nothing more than mental hype from his younger days, something he hasn’t even been close to living up to.

It’s based on nothing more than mental hype from his younger days, something he hasn’t even been close to living up to.

If you actually read my post i said IF he lives up to his potential.

he was (and still is) very highly rated by numerous professional coaches/managers - including our own.

I know he has it all to do in terms of proving his fitness etc.

Absolutely rubbish 3 seasons no games and when he did play did nothing. He might make it elsewhere and good luck to him but never got the hype about him.

Dorrans is good, but for £20k per week, I’ve not seen enough of it to warrant having him and Davis (should that be made permanent).

He reminds me of the new breed of academy players-great passer and very rarely gives the ball away.
I’ve rarely seen him play a defence splitting pass or conjure a bit of space though.

Last edited:
I think Rossiter is done at Rangers. If he doesn't shine down in Bury and stay almost injury-free his career is probably over too.

It’s mystifying. Barely played a game for us and when he has its not as though he’s looked like a world beater or anything.

I’d genuinely be stunned if he’s ever a regular for us or if he ever goes on to play at a high level.

Not enough creativity or goals in those 6 so i expect us to sign one or two top quality centre mids in the summer.

Wouldn't be surprised if that 6 became three next season. Dorrans and Rossiter due to injury problems, and I personally don't think Davis will rejoin on a perm deal. The outlay on Defoe makes sense. Goals win games, he scores goals. Over a season he will score his salary worth no bother. I'm assuming he and Davis will be on similarish wages, and I think we can get what Davis gives us for cheaper elsewhere (maybe not just as good, but close).

Last three summers all the same. I'm looking at that midfiled and thinking, make two of our current starters squad players by replacing them with quality and we're challenging for the title. This summer no different.

Two new starting CMs plus any one from Jack, Arfield, McCrorie or Kamara for me. The othet three as back up.

Thanks for the loan lads - seems a decent prospect. Surprised by one or two of the 'Shite place to go' etc comments. Thought we had built a friendship whilst we were up there in July. Barjonas did not get 'shafted' he was given a couple of run outs but to be honest we had better players already. I have been a fan for 45 years and this is the best football I have seen us play. We play from the back, on the floor and run at defenders. Sounds like Rossiter will be ideal for us. Good luck for the rest of the season here's hoping you can catch that other team. Up the 'gers.

Ignore the negativity in here towards him going to Bury.
I’m sure I’m not alone in having a genuine feeling of warmth and support to your great club after you kindly came to play us pre-season.I hope we play again this summer.

Absolutely rubbish 3 seasons no games and when he did play did nothing. He might make it elsewhere and good luck to him but never got the hype about him.
He's been injured most of that time so it's hard for anyone to know with any certainty if he'll be 'good' or not.

He was a promising young player who captained England at youth level, has shown signs on occasion for us that he could be good, and this loan is a good chance to get him playing regularly with a view to making a decision on him in the summer.

It's not fair to call the boy absolutely rubbish - not his fault he's been injured.

Ignore the negativity in here towards him going to Bury.
I’m sure I’m not alone in having a genuine feeling of warmth and support to your great club after you kindly came to play us pre-season.I hope we play again this summer.
Would love to play you again, but this time not 2 days into our pre-season when 90% of the team had only just met !! The 6-0 did not reflect what we can do - you were just much fitter and match sharp than us that night, but it was still one of the best away days most of us have had !

Would love to play you again, but this time not 2 days into our pre-season when 90% of the team had only just met !! The 6-0 did not reflect what we can do - you were just much fitter and match sharp than us that night, but it was still one of the best away days most of us have had !

As long as it benefited you in the long run I guess that’s the main thing but yeah,it must be a wee bit frustrating when that happens and you know your team are better than that score suggests. I think we were just back from an extensive pre-season abroad and had played one closed door friendly as well so were certainly well ahead in basic fitness.Bury are going up this season,I’m convinced you will and hopefully that whole experience was of value despite the score.

As long as it benefited you in the long run I guess that’s the main thing but yeah,it must be a wee bit frustrating when that happens and you know your team are better than that score suggests. I think we were just back from an extensive pre-season abroad and had played one closed door friendly as well so were certainly well ahead in basic fitness.Bury are going up this season,I’m convinced you will and hopefully that whole experience was of value despite the score.
to be honest and I think our manager admitted it, it was practically no value to the team apart from a bit of match fitness, but for us fans it was something we could never have dreamt of - playing against the mighty Rangers at Ibrox in front of a full house ! unbelievable. Only disappointment was the lack of 'Penny Arcade' Love that song ! lol Just looked at the team that night - and only 2 players that started are regular starters for us now. Hopefully we will get promoted, every team we play against admit we are the best in this league. We need to win 8 of the last 14 to get promoted by my reckoning. Fingers crossed !!

to be honest and I think our manager admitted it, it was practically no value to the team apart from a bit of match fitness, but for us fans it was something we could never have dreamt of - playing against the mighty Rangers at Ibrox in front of a full house ! unbelievable. Only disappointment was the lack of 'Penny Arcade' Love that song ! lol Just looked at the team that night - and only 2 players that started are regular starters for us now. Hopefully we will get promoted, every team we play against admit we are the best in this league. We need to win 8 of the last 14 to get promoted by my reckoning. Fingers crossed !!

Keep believing Andy.
It’s happening!

Latest Update - did a smash and grab 1-0 away win yesterday. Solid defensive performance in which Rossiter was key with some excellent interceptions and covering. He got taken off with 10 mins to go. Some said he had a slight injury - others said cramp, but don't think it's anything to worry about. Massive game next Saturday against local rivals Oldham - they have sold their 4,500 allocation already.

More concerned about the lack of genuine quality and creativity within that lot.

Dorrans has struggled with injuries, as has Rossiter and Davis will hopefully not be here next season.

Latest Update - did a smash and grab 1-0 away win yesterday. Solid defensive performance in which Rossiter was key with some excellent interceptions and covering. He got taken off with 10 mins to go. Some said he had a slight injury - others said cramp, but don't think it's anything to worry about. Massive game next Saturday against local rivals Oldham - they have sold their 4,500 allocation already.

Thanks for the update.
Another good result for Bury!

That's 1 of your 8 wins you thought you'd need out of the way!

Outstanding Andy , hope you skelp them i always hate playing teams with new managers. Good luck .

Local derby next week I see.
How do you think that’s going to go bud?

Local derby next week I see.
How do you think that’s going to go bud?
Over the last few years we traditionally go into hiding when local derbies come around. I think we have won one in about 15 or something daft like that. This season is much different though so fingers crossed.

I rem
He was fantastic in the 5-5 at Easter road , bossed a crazy game. Hamilton away this year he was gash.Maybe still a chance for him one day if he impresses at Bury.
i remember a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
Not the hibs game again, 5- 5 defo bossed the game, !!!!!
I remember ian mccall of ayr had a great game once for the gers

The pace, intensity & tempo that Rossiter plays at is one of his best attributes.

More concerned about the lack of genuine quality and creativity within that lot.

Dorrans has struggled with injuries, as has Rossiter and Davis will hopefully not be here next season.
There are no left sided midfielders apart from Halliday. I suspect Shinnie may come in.

Thanks for posting. This loan is going to do him the power of good. You can see he is going into tackles fully committed and full-blooded. He also appears to be operating right across the midfield, with many of those blocks and tackles in both the right and left defensive areas. Be good to see him a bit more involved in the attacking areas but, I guess, that was a game where Bury were on the defensive for most of the match. I think they have their local derby coming up next week - so more blood-and-thunder for Rossiter. Just what he needs right now.

Must admit, there were a couple of times there he was slow to get up and I was fearing the worst LOL.

Last edited:
Jordan Rossiter has ability, of that there is no doubt. I would love him to overcome his injury issues and become a Rangers regular.
The lad will be gutted that he's contributed little thus far, I'm willing him to succeed at Rangers.
Abusing the young guy for his unfortunate injury record is unfeeling in my opinion.

Thanks for posting. This loan is going to do him the power of good. You can see he is going into tackles fully committed and full-blooded. He also appears to be operating right across the midfield, with many of those blocks and tackles in both the right and left defensive areas. Be good to see him a bit more involved in the attacking areas but, I guess, that was a game where Bury were on the defensive for most of the match. I think they have their local derby coming up next week - so more blood-and-thunder for Rossiter. Just what he needs right now.

Must admit, there were a couple of times there he was slow to get up and I was fearing the worst LOL.
We play 3 central midfielders and the other 2 O'Shea and Mayor are both basically attackers (both in double figures already) so Rossiter plays behind them breaking up attacks and passing the ball short to them. Yes we have Oldham on Saturday, we owe them big time. Plus on Tuesday we have the Checkatrade Semi Final live on sky - just 90 mins from Wembley.

Back